Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Funny CL Postings
Little People 10:06 AM 12-29-2010

I listed agin on CL and I went to see if my ad was live and I ran across two funny ads and thought if I was looking for DC would I really want to call these people;

My name is wes and I need a live in sitter. This person will not want for anything ill cover it all. If your interested call me at ******xx thanks

Christian Home that provide a loving and safe environment for child or childrens.
affordable rate ,limited space. infants 8wk -all ages accepted

My name is wes.I'm looking for a live in nanny Free rent food and money on for what ever needed. Needs to be younger because the kids are young . Call me at *********x I'm in great need of the help . Thanks (this guy is desperate haha)

Hi, Im Kalee and im 16 years old and Im a junior in highschool . Im looking to start babysitting newborns to 5years in the Arlington , Cordova, Bartlett, Lakeland , and Oakland areas. Im pregnant with my first child and absolutely LOVE kids! Im now homeschooled so Im avalible almost anytime! I do drive. Im very responsible with kids and have expierence babysitting and younger siblings. Im due in April so im lookng for some extra income. Im trustworthy and enjoy being around kids! Im not the kind of babysitter who would sit around on the phone all day either! Im very active and love to play! Very affordable also! Give me a call at ********* or email me at Prep*********x@ayhoo.com!

Me and My Niece Are Putting Ourselves Out On The Market For People Who Can't Afford To Pay Alot Of Money For Babysitters. We are Very Good With Kids. I Have Been Babysitting Since i Was 13 Now I Am 34 And My Niece Has Alot Of Experience With Children , She's 16. We Will Negotiate The Prices With You , We can babysit for any ages, But We'd Like to do it In our Home.
Please Contact Me With Any Concerns Or If You Need Our Services.

These are ads in my local area on CL. If I was a parent looking for childcare, and I read these ads, I would NEVER even consider calling them. Maybe this is why I get at least one if not two calls a day for childcare. I can't believe the last one...."Putting ourselves out on the market

Anyone else got some funny CL ads in their area? I could use some more laughs today!!
DCMomOf3 10:27 AM 12-29-2010
Originally Posted by :
* I need a Babysitter * Do you need a Place to Live? \--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-12-28, 9:18PM CST
Reply to: see below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I live in a duplex on the 1st floor

The 2nd floor is open to rent for $900

I need a babysitter for my 2 year old

I will pay $600 towards your rent upstairs if you can watch my child during my work hours. (You would have to come up with $300 yourself for rent)

Hours I need daycare are....

Friday 11:00am-10:30pm
Saturday 2:00pm-10:30pm
Sunday 2:00pm-10:30pm
Monday 11:00am-10:30pm
maybe not 'funny' but I wouldn't take it, not with those hours.
Little People 10:35 AM 12-29-2010
* I need a Babysitter * Do you need a Place to Live? \--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-12-28, 9:18PM CST
Reply to: see below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I live in a duplex on the 1st floor

The 2nd floor is open to rent for $900

I need a babysitter for my 2 year old

I will pay $600 towards your rent upstairs if you can watch my child during my work hours. (You would have to come up with $300 yourself for rent)

Hours I need daycare are....

Friday 11:00am-10:30pm
Saturday 2:00pm-10:30pm
Sunday 2:00pm-10:30pm
Monday 11:00am-10:30pm

But what happens if he gets mad at the babysitter and he does not pay her Then she would have to move. And how could she come up with the $300.00 when she works long hours for him? People will do about anything these days. To funny!!!
AfterSchoolMom 10:58 AM 12-29-2010
I don't know if this is funny so much as "OMG my eyeballs are on fire":

Originally Posted by :
AS A MOTHER I KNOW HOW HARD AND STRESSFUL IT IS TO FIND RELIABLE/ AFFORDABLE CHILDCARE. SO I AM HERE TO GIVE YOU AND YOUR CHIILDREN OUTSTANDING CHILDCARE AT VERY COMPETITIVE RATES.

**************ABOUT ME********************

MY NAME IS ________, I HAVE BEEN A ________ RESIDENT FOR THE MOST PART OF MY LIFE. MY FIANCE AND I HAVE OWNED AND OPERATED OUR ________ BUSINESS FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS NOW. I'VE ALWAYS DONE THE PAPER AND LEGAL WORK FOR THE BUSINESS, BUT UNFORTUNATELY, DUE TO THE ECONOMY OUR BUSINESS HAS SLOWED DOWN A BIT. WHICH IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY I HAVE DECIDED TO DO CHILDCARE IN MY HOME. I HAVE ALOT OF EXPERIENCE WITH CHILDREN, BESIDES BEING A FULL TIME MOTHER TO MY DAUGHTER CHRISTIANNA (21 mos), I HAVE 2 NIECES AND 2 NEPHEWS WHICH I HAVE SPENT ALOT OF TIME WITH SINCE THEY WERE FIRST BORN THE OLDEST BEING 5 YEARS AND THE YOUNGEST BEING 6 MOS.I ABSOLUTELY LOVE DEALING WITH CHILDREN ON A REGULAR BASIS. ALTHOUGH ALL CHILDREN CAN GET A BIT TESTY AT TIMES I HAVE LEARNED THAT INTERACTING WITH THEM, ALLOWING THEM TO EXPRESS THEIRSELVES, AND JUST GIVING THEM THE ATTENTION THEY DESERVE IS VERY EFFECTIVE AND REFLECTS THEIR BEHAVIOR TREMENDOUSLY.
I HAVE BEEN A STAY HOME MOM SINCE MY DAUGHTER WAS BORN WITH THE EXCEPTION OF 4MOS, AND I TRULY ENJOY IT. I BELIEVE THAT GIVING CHILDCARE IN MY HOME WILL BE A REALLY GOOD EXPERIENCE FOR MY DAUGHTER AS WELL AS YOUR CHILD (CHILDREN) I CAN GAURANTEE THAT OUR CHILDREN WILL GROW VERY WELL TOGETHER IN MY HOME, WHICH I HAVE SET UP LIKE A DAYCARE!

I removed the names, and I took out about four more paragraphs of this all caps madness. The sad thing is, this lady really does sound ok, but I see all caps and limited punctuation and go "next", so I'm sure parents do as well.
Blackcat31 11:16 AM 12-29-2010
New Years Eve Child Care (Superior)

Date: 2010-12-28, 6:25PM CST

I own a licensed day care and will be watching children New Years Eve. Any Age is fine but I do have a limited number of pack and plays, so contact me right away if you have an infant. I will charge $35 for any child under one and $30 if they are over the age of one. Children can be dropped off anytime after 6pm and must be picked up by 10am. I will provide dinner around 6:30 of pizza, snacks and breakfast. You can feel comfortable leaving your children with me as I have a license to watch them. I have my CPR certificate as well as degree in Early Childhood Education. Email for more information or call me ***-***-**** (Miranda) I can also give you references upon request. Thanks and hope everyone has a fun and safe New Years

I did not realize that just because you have a license that parents should feel so safe!?!?!
Daycare_Mama 11:17 AM 12-29-2010
LOL, the putting ourselves on the market had me laughing too! What is wrong with people?!

I see a TON of poor grammar and simple spelling errors in ads too. Those really bug me, especially when they go on and on about all the preschool things they're going to teach kids. And they, themselves, can't spell simple words.

I've seen a few that look like people text the post from their phone, such as..."

"lookin 2 provide childcare in ur home"

One day, I felt compelled to reply to someone's ridiculous posting. It was a woman and her sister who were looking to start daycare for approximately 20 kids total to watch in her APARTMENT. Yes, 20. She was clearly unlicensed and had no intention of becoming licensed. In my state, you can only legally care for one unrelated family. Her ad said that they weren't "open" yet, but looking to start in 2-3 weeks if they could get enough kids. She was posting to see how many people would be interested. Ummmm, zero????

I emailed her and politely told her that she can't care for that many children unlicensed. She emailed me back with at least 20 swear words in it, telling me that I probably was some rich stay at home mom (ha!) who had no idea what it was like to struggle to provide for a family and how dare I try to tell her what she can't do and that she can watch 30 kids if she likes!

Sometimes, I hate the licensing process, but when you run into people like that, it makes you know why it's the way it is!

Some people's children....
Little People 11:24 AM 12-29-2010
Here is another one;

Young mother wanting to babysit!ANYTIME (Memphis,TN)

Date: 2010-12-21, 11:31PM CST
Reply to: comm-h5ecv-2124952750@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Hello! My name is Mary, but everyone calls me Laney. I am 21 and a mother of 2. I live in the midtown area in an apartment. My husband and I are finally living together and I'm
Looking for extra income. I need this for many reasons but hopefully move to a bigger home for us all! I love my life and the area I live in. I am experienced in disabled children. When I was about 13 I took on babysitting my twin cousins. One of which had epilepsy. It was so bad she hit her head many times a day. She is better now.. When I did sit for my aunt, I had to follow serious guidelines to my cousin's medication. My children would love someone to play with and I would like to have another child here part time. They could be from newborn to 5 years. I do not smoke or drink/do drugs. I have no criminal history either. If interests please contact me via email and we will go from there. I could go to your home or he child can come to mine .

Wow!! Finally living together and looking for extra income and she needs this for many reasons...hummmm
Little People 11:35 AM 12-29-2010
Originally Posted by Daycare_Mama:
LOL, the putting ourselves on the market had me laughing too! What is wrong with people?!

I see a TON of poor grammar and simple spelling errors in ads too. Those really bug me, especially when they go on and on about all the preschool things they're going to teach kids. And they, themselves, can't spell simple words.

I've seen a few that look like people text the post from their phone, such as..."

"lookin 2 provide childcare in ur home"

One day, I felt compelled to reply to someone's ridiculous posting. It was a woman and her sister who were looking to start daycare for approximately 20 kids total to watch in her APARTMENT. Yes, 20. She was clearly unlicensed and had no intention of becoming licensed. In my state, you can only legally care for one unrelated family. Her ad said that they weren't "open" yet, but looking to start in 2-3 weeks if they could get enough kids. She was posting to see how many people would be interested. Ummmm, zero????

I emailed her and politely told her that she can't care for that many children unlicensed. She emailed me back with at least 20 swear words in it, telling me that I probably was some rich stay at home mom (ha!) who had no idea what it was like to struggle to provide for a family and how dare I try to tell her what she can't do and that she can watch 30 kids if she likes!

Sometimes, I hate the licensing process, but when you run into people like that, it makes you know why it's the way it is!

Some people's children....
20 children??? There is No way one person could watch 20 children!! And in an Apartment!!
gbcc 11:39 AM 12-29-2010
"My husband and I are planning on having a family very soon but I just wanted to get ideas on childcare costs before hand.

We live in the Fairport area and would probably need care at least 4 days a week, maybe 5 for 7 - 7.5 hrs a day.

We are really only able to afford about $75 a week or $20 a day but could possibly manage a bit more if we can't find good care for that price.

Please don't email me if your fees are more than $150 a week, we just aren't able to afford that.

Email me your fees and maybe a little about yourself (if you have kids and how many other kids you watch) and I'll keep your name in my book for the near future. Thank you."

In this area, the price of the cheapest home is 200K! Here is a response to this post!

"If you can only afford 20 dollors a day?/ One, either stop trying to get pregnant now.. because for 20 a day?? u will get the bottom of the barrel.. We have to claim that as income, this is our job, and as much as we like our jobs... Its a job... Dont write if we charge 150.00?? Oh we wont.. i charge 175 for an infant.. and earn every penny..
2nd.. maybe apply for daycare assistance.. where they will pay for care for you if u cannot afford it.. BUT!!! and i know I will get a few nasty emails for saying this.. But.. Ah, what the hell...If you cannot afford for care for your child, then why would you bring a child into this world? it does cost money to care for a child properly.. Maybe that sounds mean.. But, its reaity!! If you cannot afford for someone to care for your child, i wonder what else you may not b able to pay for.. Formula is expensive, diapers... BUT!!!! You live in Fairport... Not a cheap town to live in..Thats like me saying I live in Webster and cant afford daycare.. ok, I wouldnt be living here if I couldnt..
Just a thought and or, thanks for the laugh!! "
marniewon 11:44 AM 12-29-2010
Originally Posted by gbcc:
"My husband and I are planning on having a family very soon but I just wanted to get ideas on childcare costs before hand.

We live in the Fairport area and would probably need care at least 4 days a week, maybe 5 for 7 - 7.5 hrs a day.

We are really only able to afford about $75 a week or $20 a day but could possibly manage a bit more if we can't find good care for that price.

Please don't email me if your fees are more than $150 a week, we just aren't able to afford that.

Email me your fees and maybe a little about yourself (if you have kids and how many other kids you watch) and I'll keep your name in my book for the near future. Thank you."

In this area, the price of the cheapest home is 200K! Here is a response to this post!

"If you can only afford 20 dollors a day?/ One, either stop trying to get pregnant now.. because for 20 a day?? u will get the bottom of the barrel.. We have to claim that as income, this is our job, and as much as we like our jobs... Its a job... Dont write if we charge 150.00?? Oh we wont.. i charge 175 for an infant.. and earn every penny..
2nd.. maybe apply for daycare assistance.. where they will pay for care for you if u cannot afford it.. BUT!!! and i know I will get a few nasty emails for saying this.. But.. Ah, what the hell...If you cannot afford for care for your child, then why would you bring a child into this world? it does cost money to care for a child properly.. Maybe that sounds mean.. But, its reaity!! If you cannot afford for someone to care for your child, i wonder what else you may not b able to pay for.. Formula is expensive, diapers... BUT!!!! You live in Fairport... Not a cheap town to live in..Thats like me saying I live in Webster and cant afford daycare.. ok, I wouldnt be living here if I couldnt..
Just a thought and or, thanks for the laugh!! "
Love the response on that one! We had a similar one in our CL postings, basically the person had 2 kids and needed childcare, but could only afford something ridiculously low, like $75/week for both!! Someone responded about the same as this person did that you found - get real, you won't get anything above child molesters for that kind of money. Funny, but I haven't seen her post again about needing childcare!
gbcc 11:44 AM 12-29-2010
Here is another funny one! This was posted a wk before New Years so are we really to believe that it's for an emergency?!

I'm in need of a Babysitter who can do over nights for New Years must have experience and be willing to have fun with children the ages of my children are 3,4, and 8 this is because I have to go out of town for a Family Emergency but please call this can be in your home or our home. I'm sorry about the short notice.

My e-mail system is down so you would have to please call ***-***-***x 585-***-***x

This is very important and hope somebody can help in time of need.
Unregistered 11:47 AM 12-29-2010
Original poster- that craigslist area is semi-local to me too, I go to the Jackson area one more often, those ads are even more brutal...people charging $55 a WEEK for fulltime care including meals AND diapers!
Little People 11:49 AM 12-29-2010
Here is another funny one! This was posted a wk before New Years so are we really to believe that it's for an emergency?!

I'm in need of a Babysitter who can do over nights for New Years must have experience and be willing to have fun with children the ages of my children are 3,4, and 8 this is because I have to go out of town for a Family Emergency but please call this can be in your home or our home. I'm sorry about the short notice.

My e-mail system is down so you would have to please call ***-***-***x 585-***-***x

This is very important and hope somebody can help in time of need.
This one is to funny!! So grab a babysitter you don't know to leave the children with and go out of town!! And the strange babysitter can even stay in their home. What!!! So they come back and kids have been sold on the black market and the house is empty This person must be crazy!!
marniewon 11:55 AM 12-29-2010
I am looking to find a responsible babysitter for my 2 children when I am at work.

My daughter is 5, almost 6
And my son is 4

Hours would vary depending on my work schedule. Usually I would need a babysitter a few days a week (once in a while more). I might need help getting my daughter off the bus at roughly 330 (gets dropped off a block away from my house), and my son (gets dropped off at the house) at about 4pm.

Transportation is a must, since I do not have my driver's license.

This would be paid for by DHS! And references are greatly appreciated.

I would also appreciate if sometime you could help me with rides to work (but is not a necessity when buses run).

Please call me if this sounds like something you are interested in, or if you have any questions.

*The bold is mine. I just thought that was a little weird.

Also, before I was licensed, I was looking for a side job, and replied to an ad for a babysitter. We met up, the girl was 7mo at the time, and at the interview, mom tells me that she likes to hit, pinch, bite and kick. Luckily they went with someone else. A year later, when I was licensed and had my own ads out looking for children, she replied to my ad. We both realized after we had set a time for interview that we had already done this before. She came anyway and this little girl was a monster!! She threw temper tantrums, tried to squish the life out of my kitties (with mom and grandma barely doing anything about it). Just a total monster! Well, again, they didn't go with me (which at that point I probably wouldn't have taken her anyway). A few months later, I see an ad for a babysitter - this woman was trying to bring kids into her home to watch and make money off of. But the really funny part was that she described her dd as a precious angel who was a joy to play with and learn from!! She probably got kicked out of so many daycares that mom decided to quit her job and stay home and babysit.
marniewon 12:00 PM 12-29-2010
Oh, and another funny one. I know this girl, she used to be good friends with my dd. She is 19 now, and she still lives at home, where her mom does daycare (and has for ages). She always has an ad out looking for a babysitting/nanny position. She has a ton of experience, and a good amount of training, and she's probably a very good caregiver. But....in every ad she includes pics of herself with kids. Different kids/pics each ad. In every one of the pics, the kids either look scared or angry!! Um....if you are trying to get babysitting jobs, wouldn't you want to post pics of you with smiling, happy children??
Abigail 02:30 PM 12-29-2010
I don't have any CL postings to post for you, but I have a HUGE pet peeve that someone posted earlier. "AS A MOTHER, I KNOW HOW HARD IT IS...." that is my biggest pet peeve and just gets me angry! I'm not a mother, so I'm not included in anything about how hard it is to find good childcare. UGH, stop saying how hard it is and just do it. LOL. Every other one of our CL postings has something along the lines of "I know how difficult it can be to trust someone..." etc. and I just have to close my page. It also drives me nuts how people say they have a degree or will teach and can't spell either. I try my best to spell correctly and always double check when posting an ad for the business.
Paisley 02:39 PM 12-29-2010

hi im 15 years old and looking for a jod i love kids.. i baby sit my neices and nephiews which r 5 months old a have baby sat kids up to 4.. i will which babies newborn to kids up to 5 years old.. and i can work nights to..plz email me at *********@yahoo.com thank you

hello Im angela an Im 19 years old I want to brang in alittle money I live with my mom an want a job but I want to stay at home with my 2 year old son an this would be a good job because I love kids an would like my son to have little play mates you can call or text at ***-***-**** to know more Thank you an have a nice day

I am 22yrs old. I am a mother of three two boys one girl. i am currently moving from ***** to ****. I have watched kids most of my life and have a lot of referances. I find it easiest to stay home with my children then try and work. Daycare for me alone is atleast 1100 a month to 1500 so i have choosen to stay home with my little ones. To help balance out some bills i watch kids. I should fully be moved by the first week in january. I have a mini van and three seats in back if i would need to transport children. I have a clean driving record. I know it is hard to find a reliable sitter thats affordable. Different people have different needs so i base my rates off of the acctual needs and capabilities of the family. I would provide food and snacks and wipes. would need them to have there own diapers. if there are anyother questions concerns or interest please feel free to e mail me at *********
Little People 03:43 PM 12-29-2010
Originally Posted by marniewon:
I am looking to find a responsible babysitter for my 2 children when I am at work.

My daughter is 5, almost 6
And my son is 4

Hours would vary depending on my work schedule. Usually I would need a babysitter a few days a week (once in a while more). I might need help getting my daughter off the bus at roughly 330 (gets dropped off a block away from my house), and my son (gets dropped off at the house) at about 4pm.

Transportation is a must, since I do not have my driver's license.

This would be paid for by DHS! And references are greatly appreciated.

I would also appreciate if sometime you could help me with rides to work (but is not a necessity when buses run).

Please call me if this sounds like something you are interested in, or if you have any questions.

*The bold is mine. I just thought that was a little weird.

Also, before I was licensed, I was looking for a side job, and replied to an ad for a babysitter. We met up, the girl was 7mo at the time, and at the interview, mom tells me that she likes to hit, pinch, bite and kick. Luckily they went with someone else. A year later, when I was licensed and had my own ads out looking for children, she replied to my ad. We both realized after we had set a time for interview that we had already done this before. She came anyway and this little girl was a monster!! She threw temper tantrums, tried to squish the life out of my kitties (with mom and grandma barely doing anything about it). Just a total monster! Well, again, they didn't go with me (which at that point I probably wouldn't have taken her anyway). A few months later, I see an ad for a babysitter - this woman was trying to bring kids into her home to watch and make money off of. But the really funny part was that she described her dd as a precious angel who was a joy to play with and learn from!! She probably got kicked out of so many daycares that mom decided to quit her job and stay home and babysit.
This one is tooooo funny!!! Sure let me take you to work!!!
Little People 03:51 PM 12-29-2010
Originally Posted by Paisley:

hi im 15 years old and looking for a jod i love kids.. i baby sit my neices and nephiews which r 5 months old a have baby sat kids up to 4.. i will which babies newborn to kids up to 5 years old.. and i can work nights to..plz email me at *********@yahoo.com thank you

hello Im angela an Im 19 years old I want to brang in alittle money I live with my mom an want a job but I want to stay at home with my 2 year old son an this would be a good job because I love kids an would like my son to have little play mates you can call or text at ***-***-**** to know more Thank you an have a nice day

I am 22yrs old. I am a mother of three two boys one girl. i am currently moving from ***** to ****. I have watched kids most of my life and have a lot of referances. I find it easiest to stay home with my children then try and work. Daycare for me alone is atleast 1100 a month to 1500 so i have choosen to stay home with my little ones. To help balance out some bills i watch kids. I should fully be moved by the first week in january. I have a mini van and three seats in back if i would need to transport children. I have a clean driving record. I know it is hard to find a reliable sitter thats affordable. Different people have different needs so i base my rates off of the acctual needs and capabilities of the family. I would provide food and snacks and wipes. would need them to have there own diapers. if there are anyother questions concerns or interest please feel free to e mail me at *********
What is so sad about these 3 ads are the ages of these young ladies, Did they go to school?? I know sometimes I get to typing to fast or like yesterday when I had a screaming baby in my arms and needed to post fast, that I made a couple of mistakes. And I will soon figure out what to download here to get spell check, so I don't make anymore mistakes.
countrymom 04:23 AM 12-30-2010
we get alot of ads like those but ours is on kijjijji. And most of them belong to young people. But whats even more funnier are the pictures that teenagers include of themselves, omg I don't know if they are looking for a babysitting job or a job at a nudie bar.
Little People 04:26 AM 12-30-2010
Originally Posted by countrymom:
we get alot of ads like those but ours is on kijjijji. And most of them belong to young people. But whats even more funnier are the pictures that teenagers include of themselves, omg I don't know if they are looking for a babysitting job or a job at a nudie bar.
I have seen those too!!
My Daycare 05:17 AM 12-30-2010
This is not a Craigslist ad, but the following link is the application that I have to use and it could give off a bad impression. See the 2nd page 1st line.

http://www.state.il.us/DCFS/docs/cfs428.pdf

Here is another link to an ad that would take up 3 pages if I quoted it on here. She repeated everything countless times. I don't think it's a mistake because the same ad is posted more than once.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/kid/2134934878.html

Here is another one...

I have availablity in my home for FT or PT care. I am just starting out and have no other children in my care at this time. For that reason I am offering a low rate of $2 an hour for the first two children placed in my care. I am located in Hammond across from a park for lots of outdoor acrtivites. I am available all hours and will work around your schedule. Refrences available upon request. Please email any questions that you may have.

She may regret that later.

I also saw one a few weeks ago offering free breast milk.
gbcc 05:22 AM 12-30-2010
Lol she sounds wonderful!! Not only is she retired and too old to actively play with children but she has a PhD in Psych and can analyse my children and family all day for free!!
Little People 05:24 AM 12-30-2010
Originally Posted by My Daycare:
This is not a Craigslist ad, but the following link is the application that I have to use and it could give off a bad impression. See the 2nd page 1st line.

Here is another link to an ad that would take up 3 pages if I quoted it on here. She repeated everything countless times. I don't think it's a mistake because the same ad is posted more than once.

Here is another one...

I have availablity in my home for FT or PT care. I am just starting out and have no other children in my care at this time. For that reason I am offering a low rate of $2 an hour for the first two children placed in my care. I am located in Hammond across from a park for lots of outdoor acrtivites. I am available all hours and will work around your schedule. Refrences available upon request. Please email any questions that you may have.

The one on CL, with all her education she has her spelling off a little
marniewon 05:25 AM 12-30-2010

Here is another one...

Oh my gosh - what the heck?? For as educated as she is, you would think she would know how to spell, and not to repeat herself over and over again!
melskids 06:11 AM 12-30-2010

Here is another one...

maybe she has multiple personalities and they were all posting at the same time.
Little People 06:20 AM 12-30-2010
Originally Posted by melskids:
maybe she has multiple personalities and they were all posting at the same time.

MarinaVanessa 06:26 AM 12-30-2010
I have to say that once I read this I laughed out loud and all of my DC kids turned around to look at me like I had finally gone crazy lol. Thanks, I needed a good laugh.
Blackcat31 06:34 AM 12-30-2010

momofsix 06:46 AM 12-30-2010
I just found this one...boy she must have had some bad families in her time Quite the ad though!

Hello, thank you for reading my post! I'm interested in finding a new family full time that won't take advantage of me. Working is serious business when one has bills to pay, food on the table and a roof over ones head, plus gas in ones car. I have been taken advantage of so many, many times, it's not funny anymore. I can not live w/out work. I love what I do. I enjoy what I do and I expect to be treated w/dignity and respect. I'm nobodies doormat.

I'm a friendly, female Nanny who has been caring for children the last 35 yrs. I have experience w/newborns, multiples, up to 4 siblings and 8+ in a day care setting. I'm CPR/First Aid Certified. I'm looking for a full time loving family w/stable days/hrs., paid holidays(if the holiday falls on my work day), 8 paid sick days per year(when your children are sick, not me, because you would need to find backup and pay them) and 10 paid vacation days per year(when you take your vacation, not me). We can discuss these details during an interview.

I don't Smoke or Drink. Pet Friendly. Have transportation. Own a cell phone. Low Rates. I will Love Your Children as if They Were My Own! I have managed to raise 2 wonderful children as a single Mom since '97. My Children today are 22, a Petsmart Mgr., living in Cincy, soon to be running the Petsmart Hotel in Cincy in Jan. 2011 and is in the United States Army as a Combat Medic. She will be deployed this Spring/Summer to Haiti to care for the sick. In the Fall she'll be returning to school for 2 yrs. to finish her major, Broadcast Journalism, w/a chance of another deployment during this time to either Iraq or Afghanistan. Also, my 24 y.o. BK Mgr. w/2 yrs. of Culinary School under his belt, is hoping to own his own store in the near future. They are great Children. I'm so proud of them!

I have a resume due upon request w/all my references.

Please, Serious Inquiries Only!

Thank you and have a wonderful and safe New Year!
MarinaVanessa 06:53 AM 12-30-2010
Here's one that I found that not entirely funny, just the last part.

Originally Posted by :
My daughter attends Ritchen school and I attend Oxnard college. This semester I have a class that starts at 8am 3 days a week. I need someone who can watch my daughter from 7:30am until at least 8:10 but drop her off no later than 8:25. I would like someone who is reliable and I prefer only parents of Ritchen children because they know proper drop off times and will get her there on time. I am willing to pay a reasonable rate but please bear in mind I am a full time student and don't have alot of money. If interested please email me at with your rate and experience.
Bold #1: Um, when I sign up for classes I sign up for the ones that work for my schedule or would find someone to watch my kids in advance. Sign ups started in Nov so she had 2 months to fix this issue. She now has 11 days to the first day of school. Just funny to see another parent leaving it to the last minute.

Bold #2: I like how she asks for experience. Realistically, unless she's asking about driving experience, the only experience that someone will have is being a parent unless she finds a daycare that transports to that school.

I also saw an ad for a home daycare where she had nothing but photos of her dog in costumes And another that was offering to watch your kids, house and pets lol.

Originally Posted by :
hello my name is nicole and i have a one year old daughter .
i am a stay at home mom and would like to watch another child to help out a mother.
my available times are mon. through friday 8 to 4:30.
my asking rate is $8 an hour .
please let me no if interested by email . thank you
Yeah like all she wants to do is help a mom out and not because she needs the $8 an hour lol. Love the spelling.
AfterSchoolMom 08:19 AM 12-30-2010
I see a great deal of these spelling errors - "no" vs "know, "ur" vs. "your" or "you're", etc. in CL ads. I think it has a lot to do with the age of these people and the amount of texting that they do daily. People in their late teens, early twenties, and even thirties are so used to texting as their primary means of communication that they use "text speak" in all situations (that explains the lack of capitalization and punctuation as well). I don't even think they stop to think about how uneducated it makes them sound.

Of course, there are some that are just illiterate.

Regardless, it does make for some entertaining reading! I really do wonder if these people actually get calls.
marniewon 08:37 AM 12-30-2010
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
I really do wonder if these people actually get calls.
Maybe from other teens/twenty-somethings who "speak" the same language!
nannyde 08:40 AM 12-30-2010
Regardless, it does make for some entertaining reading! I really do wonder if these people actually get calls.
If they are cheap they do.
Daycare_Mama 12:00 PM 12-30-2010
Just stumbled upon this one.. not daycare related, but for a nanny position.

This parent is smoking something or crazy. Or both. I would never nanny for a family who thinks it's okay that an infant takes their 3 hour nap on my chest!

"1 day a week infant care. the job is not hard, but our son is demanding, he needs attention 24/7 and i need to work for 5 hours once a week. ideally we are looking for monday or thurthday, but can be flexible with days. at this time we can only pay $8 to $9 an hour, but there will be days when he will be asleep on your chest for 3 hours and you can read a magazine or watch tv.
it can be a super opportunity if you are between jobs laid off etc...
ideally, we would like older person, russian or spanish.

please, email me with something about yourself and your availability.

pardon my grammer but my son is asleep on my chest and i am typing with one hand."

Little People 12:03 PM 12-30-2010
Just stumbled upon this one.. not daycare related, but for a nanny position.

This parent is smoking something or crazy. Or both. I would never nanny for a family who thinks it's okay that an infant takes their 3 hour nap on my chest!

"1 day a week infant care. the job is not hard, but our son is demanding, he needs attention 24/7 and i need to work for 5 hours once a week. ideally we are looking for monday or thurthday, but can be flexible with days. at this time we can only pay $8 to $9 an hour, but there will be days when he will be asleep on your chest for 3 hours and you can read a magazine or watch tv.
it can be a super opportunity if you are between jobs laid off etc...
ideally, we would like older person, russian or spanish.

please, email me with something about yourself and your availability.

pardon my grammer but my son is asleep on my chest and i am typing with one hand."

Ok, this one made me laugh so hard, I had to run to the bathroom!!!
Greenshadow 12:57 PM 12-30-2010
Originally Posted by DCMomOf3:
maybe not 'funny' but I wouldn't take it, not with those hours.
Haha. I love how she mentioned the 2nd floor is available for rent. LOL.
My Daycare 01:02 PM 12-30-2010

misol 01:05 PM 12-30-2010
WHAAAAAT???? Probably won't be long before there is a market for this in a daycare setting.
gbcc 03:58 AM 12-31-2010
Here is one I found local to me that was posted today. The caption was Wanting to babysit Please Read which struck me as curious. Then she posted a pic of her and her daughter and the women looks absolutely miserable!

http://rochester.craigslist.org/kid/2137140514.html
melskids 05:17 AM 12-31-2010
Here is one I found local to me that was posted today. The caption was Wanting to babysit Please Read which struck me as curious. Then she posted a pic of her and her daughter and the women looks absolutely miserable!

http://rochester.craigslist.org/kid/2137140514.html
you know, body language says alot. to me, that picture says "get her OFF my lap". sad.
Cat Herder 12:32 PM 12-31-2010
This is a new twist. Posted under Childcare Available. Quite a bit literal, I guess

Hi. We are a young couple looking to adopt children. We were told a couple years ago that I wouldn't be able to
have kids on my own. We are a loving couple with a huge family. We are outgoing and very encouraging.
We will very much love if any one knows someone who is looking to give their child up for adoption. We are
willing to pay. We have been through a lot. 7 months ago we were supposed to adopt a babygirl. The lady had
gotten pregnant for us and then decided at the time of delivery that she didnt want to go through with it. Then
3 months she got the baby took from her. We would also appreciate anyone who would be willing to get
pregnant for us. This not a joke. We are serious and at our last string. Please if anyone knows someone
please email me.

OUR PREFERENCE

African American or multi-racial
Ages: 3 or younger

Thanks!
Hope to hear from someone soon!

Crystal 09:29 PM 12-31-2010
Child Care wanted for this Parent (Providers Please Read)

Date: 2010-12-30, 8:41PM PST
Reply to: comm-uttxm-2137029427@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Parent's name: Darrin

Darrin needs a child care provider that provides care Mon-Fri 8am-11pm, some Saturdays and Sundays may be needed also.

Darrin's child is 18 months old.

He would appreciate you giving him a call if you can help or know someone who can help.

His phone number is 916-267-9562 He said CALL EVEN IF IT'S LATE. PLEASE CALL NO MATTER WHAT TIME IT IS.

His email is DarrinGatto@hotmail.com

Thank you for your time.

Tina ( I'm a provider trying to help him find care at the most convenient location.)
Momof2Boys 10:42 AM 01-02-2011
Here's one posted in my area today:

Hello,
My name is M--- and I am looking for a part time nanny to care for my two children (5 & 6 yr) before and after school while I am at work. The reason I have both ------ and ----- in the location is due to the fact that we are still deciding on where to move. This position would start by February 1st and continue indefinitely, the ideal candidate would be a student who is able to work full days and hang with them both when they are on breaks, ie spring and summer. I am a single father and my income isn't substantial so ideally the person would have children as well and may just need to earn some extra money... I know I would do anything to have an opportunity like this as I have been unemployed for the past 6 months. If this seems like something you would be interested in and you are able to commit, leave me a brief description of yourself/situation, a pic of you and your hourly wage and I will contact you as soon as possible to discuss the logistics.

Thanks for your time!

NOTE: I am seeking a Nanny, not a childcare provider with multiple ages of kids. My kids get influenced enough at school and are well out of the bad habits stage, dont need any regression at this point.

Hours:
7am-8:30am (Drop off)
2pm-6pm (Mondays)
3ish-6pm (Tu-Fri)
Break Days 7am-6pm

Unregistered 10:35 AM 01-03-2011
Some of those posts are insane! If I were to be asked for a pic of me if I were responding to an ad, I would immediately be supsicious. My first thought would be..."ummm...is this person a total stalker? If I go over to meet this family, will I be coming back home, or will I be buried in their basement?" Heeby jeebies!

Also, I get irritated when the ads mix up the spellings for there, their and they're. I really hate the "to" and "too" and the "you're" and "your" mix-ups, too.
AfterSchoolMom 04:32 PM 01-03-2011
File this one under "ridiculous". How is this person making any money at all?!

Originally Posted by :
Infant (6wks-12mon) rate is $110wk includes diapers, wipes, formula, and food. Toddlers 13-24 months(unpotty trained) rate is $100wk includes all meals and training pants. Preschoolers 2-5 yrs $80 per week includes meals and preschool curriculum. Your child receives all of the benefits of a structured setting at a price that is easy on your pockets! Plenty of references and YES I provide you with a statement for tax reporting. Meals meet USDA food program guidelines. I love children and enjoy watching them grow in a fun environment. A family day home where children love to come and hate to leave! Email or call Mrs. Ross at 804-304-3425 today! Enroll by January 25th and get $30 off first week FT only. Hours 630am-630pm Monday-Friday. Overnight 8pm-8am Sunday-Thursday call me Im flexible with hours.
She's providing diapers, wipes, baby formula, baby food, training pants, a preschool curriculum, meals, snacks, a 30 dollar discount for the first week, 12 hour days, and overnights, AND she claims this income on her taxes - all for $1.33-$1.83 per hour. I just don't get it.
momofboys 04:35 PM 01-03-2011
File this one under "ridiculous". How is this person making any money at all?!

She's providing diapers, wipes, baby formula, baby food, training pants, a preschool curriculum, meals, snacks, a 30 dollar discount for the first week, 12 hour days, and overnights, AND she claims this income on her taxes - all for $1.33-$1.83 per hour. I just don't get it.
My rates are about $100-110/child for FT per week but then I don't include diapers/wipes, or a discount, etc. That is crazy to include that!
Abigail 08:57 PM 01-03-2011
Besides MANY MANY spelling errors, this person wants to teach your baby to read just like she did her own daughter! Maybe her baby should have proof-read her posting for her! LOL

"I am thinking about opening a daycare in ------------. I am wondering if there would be any interest for it in -------------. I am pretty sure that there is no daycare/childcare services available in that area. It would be licensed. We would have many activities including arts and crafts, different pre preschool learning activites. I also have Your Baby Can Read program, which has been very successful for my daughter. I am a stay at home mom with a resurces in the Early Childhod Education area. In the summer time there would be outside play. I am a firm believer in teaching children at a young age. There would be lots of play and learning time. The only tv time would be the Your Baby can Read program.

I am not sure on the rates right now. Like I said I wanted to see if there would be any interest in it at all. I would be more than willing to take children of any ages, from newborns to school age children. Meal time would consist of home cooked, nutrish foods, fresh fruits and vegetables, or baby food, all would be included in the rates. Diapers and forumla would not be provided by me.

If anyone would be interested, please let me know. I am moving to ---------- the middle of Jan. I am looking to start my services around April or May. I want to be licensed and have everything ready and safe before I start taking children."
QualiTcare 04:37 AM 01-04-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
I don't have any CL postings to post for you, but I have a HUGE pet peeve that someone posted earlier. "AS A MOTHER, I KNOW HOW HARD IT IS...." that is my biggest pet peeve and just gets me angry! I'm not a mother, so I'm not included in anything about how hard it is to find good childcare. UGH, stop saying how hard it is and just do it. LOL. Every other one of our CL postings has something along the lines of "I know how difficult it can be to trust someone..." etc. and I just have to close my page. It also drives me nuts how people say they have a degree or will teach and can't spell either. I try my best to spell correctly and always double check when posting an ad for the business.
i know what you mean. you have to remember, a lot of times when someone says they have an "early childhood" degree - it means they have a CDA. there's a big difference between a bachelor's degree and a six week course certificate, but some people don't know better to ask. that's why people who have degrees usually say BS or AS or PhD because they know it DOES make a difference. i'm always skeptical when i see, "i have an early childhood degree." i've seen people with CDAs toss it around too much.

it also happens with nurses all the time. CNAs will say the are nurses, and LPN's will say they are "registered nurses" - which they are a type of nurse, and they are registered - but they are not a RN! it takes more education to be a RN, but some people wouldn't know and it gets manipulated. it just irritates me.
SilverSabre25 05:35 AM 01-04-2011
Originally Posted by QualiTcare:
i know what you mean. you have to remember, a lot of times when someone says they have an "early childhood" degree - it means they have a CDA. there's a big difference between a bachelor's degree and a six week course certificate, but some people don't know better to ask. that's why people who have degrees usually say BS or AS or PhD because they know it DOES make a difference. i'm always skeptical when i see, "i have an early childhood degree." i've seen people with CDAs toss it around too much.
That's why I always make sure to specify that I have my Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Development and Education from OSU--that whole entire sentence, every time. I'm proud of my degree, darn it! I would specify whether it's a BA or a BS, but I honestly can't remember...
Cat Herder 05:51 AM 01-04-2011
Originally Posted by janarae:
My rates are about $100-110/child for FT per week but then I don't include diapers/wipes, or a discount, etc. That is crazy to include that!
Mine too, that is the upper going rate here and I do include wipes/creams/powders. Everything but formula and diapers with 10 hour days. (I do not depend on the parents for necessary supplies or I would be out of luck ALOT of the time).

I bet this provider is on the WIC program. I know the parents I have had that are on WIC bring me cases of unopened formula, juice, rice, peanut butter, beans, cheese, cereals and diapers every year.... I love it, but it is a bit bittersweet since I know it is my tax dollars.

They have to use all their "checks" each month to continue getting them, even if they cannot possibly use all the supplies. Works like the DOT
SilverSabre25 06:02 AM 01-04-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Mine too, that is the upper going rate here and I do include wipes/creams/powders. Everything but formula and diapers with 10 hour days. (I do not depend on the parents for necessary supplies or I would be out of luck ALOT of the time).
Yeah, $100 is average-to-high around here. I charge $120 normally (for all ages) and that is on the high end. I started off charging $140 and had a VERY hard time getting clients. Same with providing things--everything but diapers and formula because I a) want it to be easy on my parents and b) don't trust them very much...love most of them, but they're as busy and scattered as I am! Easier to have it all here and not have to worry about it. I do make a lot, though, even with buying food and stuff--and I don't buy the crap food either. We eat whole foods, fresh/frozen veggies, organic milk, etc.
Little People 07:45 AM 01-04-2011
I have enjoyed reading all these crazy posts!! I found another one;

stay at home mom you pick your price (alb)

Date: 2011-01-01, 12:04PM MST
Reply to: comm-ejpja-2138702545@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

hi there to all you parents out there looking for that daycare that is right for you in all the right ways! well i have been a stay at home mom for 4years now and have brought in many kids to watch in the last for years. i am looking to watch a few kids each day. i have two play areas where i live. lots of room for kids to run and play and get the freash hair they need. books and toys to help them learn and grow! space for nap time and so much more. i will work with you on what you can pay me. its a name your price daycare where you tell me how many days u need a week from what time to what time and we work out what you can pay me! kids will get breakfast if they are here that early. lunch and even dinner if needed. snacks as well. i know CPR. please feel free to email me if you would like to know more set up a time to meet me and my kids. see where i live and talk about how i can help you with your child care needs. i am located of jefferson and montgomery at the Sandpiper apt. hope to hear from you soon and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

WOW, you can name your price on this one!! And look she says "get the freash hair they need" I really wonder if people make interviews with these ladies??
gbcc 01:03 PM 01-04-2011
Here is one that just popped up on my craigslist!

i will provide daycare for you in trade of a car i am in need of a new car mine has been giving me nothing but problems as long as its in decent shape and runs good , if your looking for daycare and you have a car you are trying to sell and interested in trading my daycare services for your car then reply to this post ,i am nys licensed daycare provider many references available
kidkair 01:23 PM 01-04-2011
Here's a crazy one:

New provider what the heck (This county)

I am a relatively new provider and although I have been the ideal provider the licenser that I have, have been less than truthful and made things up about me.
I am ready to throw in the towel.
Are there any other providers who have been treated differently than others?
Please email me as I am at my witts end and want to do something about this.
Little People 01:52 PM 01-04-2011
Here is one that just popped up on my craigslist!

i will provide daycare for you in trade of a car i am in need of a new car mine has been giving me nothing but problems as long as its in decent shape and runs good , if your looking for daycare and you have a car you are trying to sell and interested in trading my daycare services for your car then reply to this post ,i am nys licensed daycare provider many references available
Wonder what else she would trade These people are crazy. Who would leave their children with someone who is looking to trade?? Well she may find someone
Little People 01:55 PM 01-04-2011
Originally Posted by kidkair:
Here's a crazy one:

New provider what the heck (This county)

I am a relatively new provider and although I have been the ideal provider the licenser that I have, have been less than truthful and made things up about me.
I am ready to throw in the towel.
Are there any other providers who have been treated differently than others?
Please email me as I am at my witts end and want to do something about this.
WOW, wonder what she said in her first interview? Or did someone call on her even before she opened
Abigail 07:23 PM 01-04-2011
Originally Posted by QualiTcare:
You can get a CDA in six weeks?! I think it takes a year here because of how far apart meetings can be and you need to be observes over so-many months.
gbcc 12:55 PM 01-05-2011
OMG. LMBO!! Get a load of this one!!

I require someone to take care of some recurring life tasks that I can not get into my schedule routinely. Items like: grocery shopping, shopping generally, laundry, cleaning up house/hanging up cloths, organizing things around house, tracking down interesting places to visit, watering plants, buying plants, returning things I have borrowed, perhaps helping move things around the house or look for cool gifts for friends and family. That type of stuff. Maybe 10 or 15 hours a week of for sure work, maybe more if it goes that way.
Daycare_Mama 01:19 PM 01-05-2011

I require someone to take care of some recurring life tasks that I can not get into my schedule routinely. Items like: grocery shopping, shopping generally, laundry, cleaning up house/hanging up cloths, organizing things around house, tracking down interesting places to visit, watering plants, buying plants, returning things I have borrowed, perhaps helping move things around the house or look for cool gifts for friends and family. That type of stuff. Maybe 10 or 15 hours a week of for sure work, maybe more if it goes that way.
LOL, so in other words someone to live their life for them. What the hell is this person doing all day???

I especially love the "to take care of some recurring life tasks" Wow.
Daycare_Mama 01:24 PM 01-05-2011
I just found one on CL of a 15 year old girl posting a babysitting ad.

She sounded articulate, educated, and her ad sounded very normal and legit. Just a teenage girl looking for some afterschool and weekend babysitting jobs.

THEN, she posts 4 pictures of herself. 3 are of her and a little boy (who I'm assuming is her nephew from her post) and then 1 picture is of her laying seductively on her stairs. It's the same girl and I don't get why on earth she would think that would be a good picture to post with her ad. She's clothed and all, but it's definitely a provocative looking picture.

What's worse is she listed her PHONE NUMBER! This girl is going to get all sorts of creeps calling and emailing her. And if there's really someone desperate, they will just do a paid search on her phone number and find out where she lives.

I emailed her out of concern to take off that picture and her phone number..she seriously sounds like a legitimate teen looking for a babysitting job if it wasn't for this.

I feel like an old lady (I'm not even close!), but I wish I could get a hold of her parents to let her know about the ad she has posted.
My Lil' Monkeys 01:47 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by Little People:
I have enjoyed reading all these crazy posts!! I found another one;

stay at home mom you pick your price (alb)

Date: 2011-01-01, 12:04PM MST
Reply to: comm-ejpja-2138702545@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

hi there to all you parents out there looking for that daycare that is right for you in all the right ways! well i have been a stay at home mom for 4years now and have brought in many kids to watch in the last for years. i am looking to watch a few kids each day. i have two play areas where i live. lots of room for kids to run and play and get the freash hair they need. books and toys to help them learn and grow! space for nap time and so much more. i will work with you on what you can pay me. its a name your price daycare where you tell me how many days u need a week from what time to what time and we work out what you can pay me! kids will get breakfast if they are here that early. lunch and even dinner if needed. snacks as well. i know CPR. please feel free to email me if you would like to know more set up a time to meet me and my kids. see where i live and talk about how i can help you with your child care needs. i am located of jefferson and montgomery at the Sandpiper apt. hope to hear from you soon and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

WOW, you can name your price on this one!! And look she says "get the freash hair they need" I really wonder if people make interviews with these ladies??
That one really got me laughing!! Seriously, makes you wonder if people read what they type!
gbcc 02:02 PM 01-05-2011
LOL, so in other words someone to live their life for them. What the hell is this person doing all day???

I especially love the "to take care of some recurring life tasks" Wow.
My favorite was the tracking down interesting places to visit!
GretasLittleFriends 02:11 PM 01-05-2011

Sounds like a lazy guy looking for a wife to do everything for him. I can't help but think, "hey, at least he's honest" and "you know what you're getting into up front".
Daycare_Mama 02:12 PM 01-05-2011
My favorite was the tracking down interesting places to visit!
haha, it's all hilarious! Actually when I read it again, I was cracking up at the "returning things I've borrowed".

Like...

"Hi, I'm Jane. I handle John's recurring life tasks. Just returning this shirt that your friend borrowed from you last week!"

It's pretty sad when you can't fit returning stuff you've borrowed into your daily "routine".
gbcc 02:28 PM 01-05-2011
How does it get borrowed in the first place? It sounds like he barely has time to wipe his own $$ lol
Mommyof1 06:12 AM 01-06-2011
"
IS THERE ANYONE WHO NEEDS PART-TIME CARE DURING THE DAY?

THE HOURS WOULD BE FROM 7:00 A.M. TILL 4;30 P.M. **************I'M LOOKING FOR A LONG-TERM CHILD CARE POSITION WITH A FAMILY***************

THE AGES WOULD BE INFANTS AND TODDLERS.

THE PARENTS WOULD PROVIDE DIAPERS, WIPES AND FORMULA.

I WOULD PROVIDE A SAFE, SECURE ENVIRONMENT WHERE THE CHILDREN WOULD BE TRULY WELCOME.

I USE HOOKED ON PHONICS FOR INFANTS.

MY RATES WOULD BE $40.00 A WEEK FOR 30 HOURS OR LESS.

I AM CPR/ AND FIRST AID QUALIFIED.

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU AND THANKS FOR READING MY AD.
"

Hooked on Phonics.....
momofboys 07:34 AM 01-06-2011
This was posted a couple of weeks ago on my local CL. I found it funny how she considered it only 3 1/2 days a week even though the hours listed add up to a potential for @ 38 hours!

"Hello:

We are looking for a nanny/sitter for our 4 mo. old daughter. Because we both work during the week (Adam is an attorney that works in Columbus and Marion; and Sam manages a dental office in Dublin) She is currently enrolled in daycare but we would really like to find someone to come and care for her from our home in Worthington.

We are looking for someone who is available Monday-Wednesday from 7:15 a.m. until no later than 5:30 p.m. (although on most days one of us will be home between 4 and 5 p.m. ). And on Thursdays from 7:15 a.m. to 2:30 or 3:00 p.m. We plan on offering weekly pay starting at $130/week (which is actually about 3 1/2 days) and can negotiate based upon fit and experience.

We would love to introduce ourselves as well as get to know a little bit more about you. If you are interested please contact us via this site or at the email address below. Hope to hear from you soon!
p. s. we have a Boston Terrier but she is very low maintenance and won't require any of your time. "
momofboys 07:35 AM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by Mommyof1:
"

THE HOURS WOULD BE FROM 7:00 A.M. TILL 4;30 P.M. **************I'M LOOKING FOR A LONG-TERM CHILD CARE POSITION WITH A FAMILY***************

I WOULD PROVIDE A SAFE, SECURE ENVIRONMENT WHERE THE CHILDREN WOULD BE TRULY WELCOME.

"

Hooked on Phonics.....

$40 week?!?!
Little People 07:37 AM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by Mommyof1:
"

"

Hooked on Phonics.....
$40.00 A WEEK and she has Hooked On Phonics Then she places infant and toddlers in velcro chairs with headphones with their little Hooked on Phonics and returns to her soap shows
Little People 07:42 AM 01-06-2011

This one had me laughing so hard! Wonder what kind of plants he has? This guy wants a slave
momofsix 07:02 PM 01-14-2011
Hello I'm Looking To Care For Someone Children Here In My Home. I have A 8month Old Daughter N A 2Yr Old Son. I'm A Stay At Home Mother During The Days. At Night I Attend School. So I'm Looking For Days. I Have Lots Of Experience In Taking Care Of Children I Have 4 Myself. N Been Taking Care Of Children Long Enough. I Will Be Going To College For My Nursing Soon. So Please Email Me N I Will Get Back At U. To Set Up A Time Thanks.

Does she have 2 children or four? How can people that don't know how to spell, use punctuation, or use proper grammer get through college?
nannyde 05:29 AM 01-15-2011
Originally Posted by momofsix:
Hello I'm Looking To Care For Someone Children Here In My Home. I have A 8month Old Daughter N A 2Yr Old Son. I'm A Stay At Home Mother During The Days. At Night I Attend School. So I'm Looking For Days. I Have Lots Of Experience In Taking Care Of Children I Have 4 Myself. N Been Taking Care Of Children Long Enough. I Will Be Going To College For My Nursing Soon. So Please Email Me N I Will Get Back At U. To Set Up A Time Thanks.

Does she have 2 children or four? How can people that don't know how to spell, use punctuation, or use proper grammer get through college?
As Long As She's Cheap She Will Do Just Fine
MarinaVanessa 07:01 AM 01-24-2011
Okay so this has nothing to do with daycare but I was on Craigslist and came across this ad which made me smile. Thought I'd share.

Curb Alert (cleaning out garage)
Only items at the curb are free please stay out of the driveway and not bother the homeowners (he's in a bad mood anyway)
dEHmom 07:04 AM 01-24-2011
not sure if this has been asked yet or not, has anyone posted a funny cl listing on here, made fun of it, and then found out it was a members ad? lol, I think that would be funnier than anything! lol.
Little People 07:12 AM 01-24-2011
This one was just posted a couple of days ago in my area!!

My Name is Kim. I am 15 years old and I have a big interest in taking care of children. I have a six month old of my own so I have experience. I have also taken Parenting classes so I know how to take care of infants and toddlers. I am just trying to make some extra money. I have a clean house.Lots of baby toys. I am home schooled so I can watch anytime of day and especially on weekends. Pay is negotiable. call me or text me at ***-***-***x or E-mail me at kim*********x for more information
AfterSchoolMom 07:24 AM 01-24-2011

My Name is Kim. I am 15 years old and I have a big interest in taking care of children. I have a six month old of my own so I have experience. I have also taken Parenting classes so I know how to take care of infants and toddlers. I am just trying to make some extra money. I have a clean house.Lots of baby toys. I am home schooled so I can watch anytime of day and especially on weekends. Pay is negotiable. call me or text me at ***-***-***x or E-mail me at kim*********x for more information

Aw, that's really sad.
dEHmom 07:49 AM 01-24-2011
$12345 - instead of taking taxi, call me im way more cheaper

Save $$$$ , lets negotiate, i can bring u to work and back, stop at timmys , no extra cost, dont have to pay extra for waiting in rush hour traffic, drive ur kid to daycare while i wait for u , then drive u to work, what a deal

not a daycare ad but funny! wonder if anyone has emailed him.
missnikki 07:57 AM 01-24-2011

What is sad about this is that she is 15, a mother, and homeschooled and has better grammar/ punctuation/ spelling than her older counterparts.
Symphony 11:21 AM 01-24-2011
This isn't an ad, but it was a response to a CL ad I had at the time...

Hi,

I am watching a 5 month old little girl who is very special and loving but I need to find somewhere else for her to go. I am finding everyday that I am having mental problems and she is probably not safe here anymore. I saw you have an opening so maybe you could take her. Let me know and I'll talk to her mom. Thanks

I wrote this girl back and never heard from her again. However, I did end up with the baby girl a couple weeks later. I realized she was the baby from the email, in conversations with her mother a while later. Terrifying!
AfterSchoolMom 01:53 PM 01-24-2011
Mental problems! Scary!

I saw this one today:

Originally Posted by :
Gifted Mother of two boys (1 and 5) with excellent references is seeking to provide customized childcare to fit your lifestyle.
It struck me as funny that she describes herself as "gifted" - that's either not what she meant, or she has a very large ego! Also, I'm really curious what "customized childcare" entails.
SilverSabre25 08:54 PM 01-24-2011
Need a dependant

need a dependant asap plz willing to pay top dllrs
Little People 03:15 AM 01-25-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Need a dependant

need a dependant asap plz willing to pay top dllrs

SilverSabre25 08:25 AM 02-24-2011
Found this one the child care postings today...thought the thread deserved a bump!

I like to help children learn. I Love to teach but i am recently trying to get money to help with bills and be able to go to college. I have a one year old and I help my neices and nephews with himework all the time. there ages are 11,9,7,6 so i have plenty of experiance. If you are interested at all please contact me at (740)361-2669. thank you.
E Daycare 09:21 AM 02-24-2011
This person pushed the "enter" key 5 too many times when writing this:

Hello Parents,

Childcare is available Monday - Friday 7am - 5:00pm.

I provide in home childcare near The Kenwood Towne Center.

I offer daily guidance, fun, learning, laughter and play.

My philosophy on Childcare:

Let the children beehave just like... children.

Children should bee encouraged to develop new skills at their own pace.

I beelieve that children need to follow a consistent daily schedule whenever possible.

Daily Activities and Curriculum:

* Visual recognition of shapes, colors, and letters.

* Number awareness and counting.

* Vocabulary Building.

* Reading and Circle time.

* Music and Movement.

* Exploration.

* Occasional Arts & Crafts.

* Good Hygiene and potty training assistance.

* Sharing, working together, manners and social skills.

Childcare also includes:

* A clean, sanitary and safe caring home environment where children feel welcome each day.

* Birthday and Holiday Celebrations.

* Age appropriate toys for our group.

* Pack n plays provided for infants.

* Cots provided for toddlers.

* Balanced, nutritious and appealing foods included for children on table foods.

* Infant daily logs.

* Outside playtime.

* Monthly pajama and movie days (excluding summertime).

Childcare is available Monday - Friday. 7am - 5:00pm.

Convenient location near I-71.

Over 20 years experience.

The children in my care are not my own children.

Currently accepting one child.

Reasonable rates and references upon request.

I have competed over 1500 hours of skill and related instruction with the Ohio State Department of Education for the occupation of Child Learning.

I have been Certified in CPR and Red Cross First Aid and Preventive Health and Safety.

I am able to demonstrate knowledge of child development from infant through kindergarten.

Thanks for buzzing by to take a look.

Bizzy Bee Childcare...where the littlest bumblebees want to stay and play!!

There is a swimming pool (with safety ladder) and a small dog on the premises.

And I found these below were just the titles of the ads. Some made me not even bother to read them lol"

Call my references! The Proofs in the Pudding!

♥Best Babysitter Ever!!!!♥

single mother looking for any type of work

I need honest childcare!!!!

^^^ Finally!! Reliable, Dependable, Affordable Daycare! ^^^
Liliya 09:24 AM 02-24-2011
I am a single dad who needs an individual who cares for children in their home. I do not want my 1 year old with anyone caring for children younger than 6 months or older than 28 months. If you are alone at home, I do not want my son being cared for with more than two other children. I do not want my son unnecessarily exposed to sickness and germs and want a zero policy for care giver keeping sick children in their home including mine. I want my child to have healthy meals and snacks, no juices, no junk, burgers, pizza or hot dogs. You must have knowledge of nutrition and be able to show me a menu that you provide of healthy foods. If your home smells like smoke, pets or is dirty don't bother calling me. If you are in a dangerous area or do not have a clean home don't contact me. If you have adult friends, men or women visiting your home while my child is there don't call. I am willing to pay well, but am not willing to drop my child any where and not know 100% what is going on in your home! There are a 1000 day cares that offer services I don't want. I need one good home provider that offers what I do want! Thank you, BL
Little People 09:26 AM 02-24-2011
These are funny, I have not looked on my CL for a while. I will have to go look.
Tags:craigs list
Reply Up