Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Reported by DC
Unregistered 10:28 AM 09-23-2009
I was informed yesterday that DC reported my daughter to child services, when I asked for a log or evidence of the bad behavior the DC stated that it’s her personal log (she wrote down the days and times it happened) and I can’t get a copy of it. I live in CA and I’m trying to find out if there is any law stating that I get access to my child’s file.
AmandasFCC 06:41 PM 09-23-2009
In BC, Canada, if we suspect we are required by law to report it. It's not our responsibility to investigate or anything, and we are not required to give any information to the parents, not even that we are reporting. Sorry
Former Teacher 07:02 PM 09-23-2009
I agree. It should be for internal eyes only. IMO
Unregistered 08:23 AM 09-24-2009
what does children services have to do with "bad" behaviour?
Unregistered 04:29 PM 09-24-2009
I had the unfortunate opportunity to have a child in my care that had had DCFS called on them for their "bad" behavior. A parent of a child he had done some particularly violent things to called them. They came and observed and and informed the center that they would either have to hire someone to shadow the kid or kick the kid out. They kicked the child out. Of course mom neglected to tell me all of this when she enrolled the child with me.......
One of the worst months of my life and now I get to ask all new parents if their child has ever been asked to leave a center because of their behavior. Nice, right? But I'm not going through that again.

Honestly though, it was the first time I had ever heard that a child had the state called on them.
Reply Up