Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>A silly Christmas vent or tantrum (by me!)
sahm1225 11:44 AM 12-20-2014
I have very generous families and we had our Xmas party yesterday. I was so excited this morning when I opened the cards and read their beautiful note and saw the money I received. Then my DH says 'perfect, we can get new tires for the minivan'. I wanted to stand up and yell 'it's MINE!' I know the money would just go to bills but it would be nice to dream for a few days of what I would do with it. I wanted to splurge and get myself some nice crazy expensive hand lotion or something just for me.

Well that was my official notice that I spend too much time with 2 year olds because I wanted to stomp my feet too ha ha!
hope 12:55 PM 12-20-2014
I hear you. I regifted every gift i received. I know that sounds bad but i truly appreciated the gifts and would have loved to used them myself. I have so many family members to buy for and money becomes so tight. My dc families gave me many gift cards and i had to use them to give to out myself.
Unregistered 01:07 PM 12-20-2014
Originally Posted by hope:
I hear you. I regifted every gift i received. I know that sounds bad but i truly appreciated the gifts and would have loved to used them myself. I have so many family members to buy for and money becomes so tight. My dc families gave me many gift cards and i had to use them to give to out myself.
I have to do this, too!!!! It is very much appreciated, since it takes a huge weight off of my shoulders to not have to spend more money. I tease one parent, who brought a giant Santa bag filled with paper towels, trash bags, ziploc bags, tissues, etc. that it was the best gift I ever got because it knocked around $25 off my grocery bill for months. It was the gift that kept giving.
AmyKidsCo 01:24 PM 12-22-2014
Ugh, that stinks! My DH lets me help decide what to do with the money, so even though it goes to bills I can decide which bills it goes to.
Reply Up