Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Files Organization - Please help
Hartingirl 03:36 AM 12-16-2014
Hi again

I am offering fulltime, half-day, and drop-in enrollment. I'm about to open (tomorrow, hopefully) and would love to know about your system for filing.

Right now, I have a State box with the following sections (with subsections I won't go into because I think they're self-explanatory):

Income/Expenses
Taxes/Insurance
Blank Forms (my enrollment documents, etc.)
State Documentation (for keeping track of completed documentation forms for things like monthly fire drills, etc.)

Thoughts on my State box? Any other ideas or suggestions?

My Student Box is a bit confusing to me at this point. I'm not sure if I should simply have individual folders for each student and place all documentation associated with each student in his or her folder, or if I should place some things in student folders and other things related to that student in a master folder elsewhere in the box. For example, should I have a master folder for allergy/medical documentation and organize that alphabetically by student? Or should all of that sort of documentation go into the individual student's folder?

Would you kindly share with me how your Student files are organized?

Thank you SO much!!!
Laurel 05:19 AM 12-16-2014
Originally Posted by Hartingirl:
Hi again

I am offering fulltime, half-day, and drop-in enrollment. I'm about to open (tomorrow, hopefully) and would love to know about your system for filing.

Right now, I have a State box with the following sections (with subsections I won't go into because I think they're self-explanatory):

Income/Expenses
Taxes/Insurance
Blank Forms (my enrollment documents, etc.)
State Documentation (for keeping track of completed documentation forms for things like monthly fire drills, etc.)

Thoughts on my State box? Any other ideas or suggestions?

My Student Box is a bit confusing to me at this point. I'm not sure if I should simply have individual folders for each student and place all documentation associated with each student in his or her folder, or if I should place some things in student folders and other things related to that student in a master folder elsewhere in the box. For example, should I have a master folder for allergy/medical documentation and organize that alphabetically by student? Or should all of that sort of documentation go into the individual student's folder?

Would you kindly share with me how your Student files are organized?

Thank you SO much!!!
The way I had mine was each child had their own folder and everything pertaining to them was in the folder.

I had things the inspector wanted to see on each visit in a binder. Things in there included training certificates, first aid/cpr certification, any forms we had to have on file for the state. (This did NOT include forms that needed to be filed in the children's files. Those were in each child's folder. Things like their immunization records, permission slips, emergency medical authorizations, etc.)

I kept my taxes and expense records in a separate place altogether.

Hope that is clear and helps.

I know other providers who did it differently but, for me, I wanted to have everything the inspector needed to see in one handy binder so it would all be in one place. Then I just handed her the binder and the children's folders. No need to be looking for this or that paper for a particular child in some folder somewhere. It was all in their own folder.

Laurel
Reply Up