Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Xmas Gift to DCFs
KidGrind 08:20 AM 12-22-2014
So I decided to give all my DCFs for Christmas Tori Fees book “Doing Daycare”. I’ve place them by the sign in/out desk and I instruct each one to take a copy.

One DCM contacted me over the weekend to profusely apologize for her behavior. She added she respects me too much to disrespect me in the future. She acknowledged her behavior was not fair to my family. She went on the call out another DCM as, “…..borderline. The book reeks of _____, that’s scary.” She has finished the book. She shared she could not put it down. She thinks Tori is awesome for having the insight and courage to post the truth about parents.

Another family mentioned the book is funny and they cannot believe the things providers go through. I ordered 10 paperbacks. I will be ordering another 6 to have on hand for my new enrollments.
Attached: Tori Book.jpg (50.8 KB) 
Unregistered 08:31 AM 12-22-2014
Thats a great gift idea I hope Santa brings one for me too I cant wait to read it.
Blackcat31 09:01 AM 12-22-2014
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
So I decided to give all my DCFs for Christmas Tori Fees book “Doing Daycare”. I’ve place them by the sign in/out desk and I instruct each one to take a copy.

One DCM contacted me over the weekend to profusely apologize for her behavior. She added she respects me too much to disrespect me in the future. She acknowledge her behavior was not fair to my family. She went on the call out another DCM as, “…..borderline. The book reeks of _____, that’s scary.” She has finished the book. She shared she could not put it down. She thinks Tori is awesome for having the insight and courage to post the truth about parents.

Another family mentioned the book is funny and they cannot believe the things providers go through. I ordered 10 paperbacks. I will be ordering another 6 to have on had for my new enrollments.
You are my hero!
daycarediva 09:05 AM 12-22-2014
I can't wait for the update on labeled borderline mother's response. She would probably be offended! LOL!
Blackcat31 09:07 AM 12-22-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I can't wait for the update on labeled borderline mother's response. She would probably be offended! LOL!
Naw, those are the ones who think you are talking/referring to EVERYONE except them.
Leigh 09:11 AM 12-22-2014
Originally Posted by KidGrind:

One DCM contacted me over the weekend to profusely apologize for her behavior. She added she respects me too much to disrespect me in the future. She acknowledge her behavior was not fair to my family. She went on the call out another DCM as, “…..borderline. The book reeks of _____, that’s scary.” She has finished the book. She shared she could not put it down. She thinks Tori is awesome for having the insight and courage to post the truth about parents.

Another family mentioned the book is funny and they cannot believe the things providers go through. I ordered 10 paperbacks. I will be ordering another 6 to have on had for my new enrollments.

What a great idea! It should be a required book for Home Economics in every HS! Maybe local providers should ban together to gift this book to new moms before leaving the hospital. It sure would make our lives easier!
Unregistered 10:09 AM 12-22-2014
It would not work. They can't even absorb the small amount of Safe Sleep info they are given.
Josiegirl 10:43 AM 12-22-2014
KidGrind, that is awesome!! And to receive that response from dcm is wonderful. Now she has a whole new respect for you and what you do.
Have any dcps reacted negatively? Or maybe they haven't had time to read it yet. I'm just curious because I wanted to offer my copy out to parents but would be afraid some might be insulted, thinking I was pointing the finger at them.
KidGrind 11:41 AM 12-22-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
KidGrind, that is awesome!! And to receive that response from dcm is wonderful. Now she has a whole new respect for you and what you do.
Have any dcps reacted negatively? Or maybe they haven't had time to read it yet. I'm just curious because I wanted to offer my copy out to parents but would be afraid some might be insulted, thinking I was pointing the finger at them.
I wouldn’t offer my copy to parents. I think that infers ‘YOU NEED TO READ THIS’. If your budget can fit it in, I would purchase a book for each of your families and give it to them. If it’s an every parent gets one, I don’t think anyone feels the finger is being pointed at them.

I haven’t received any negativity. I am prepared to; I am good with it. I don’t think people are dumb. I get some have a hard time with realizing their truth. The borderline parent is a hybrid of the Lying Parent, Boss of Me Parent and My Child. I blank stare her a lot.

And thanks BC! I’ve learned A LOT from you.
Shell 12:11 PM 12-22-2014
That's awesome!
AmyKidsCo 12:36 PM 12-22-2014
What a great idea!!

I've wanted to provide "Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood" for all the parents, but it's too pricey.
Controlled Chaos 12:41 PM 12-22-2014
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
What a great idea!!

I've wanted to provide "Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood" for all the parents, but it's too pricey.
I would love to provide Love and Logic for my families! I have referred many to it. It changed the lives of one family with a particularly smart/manipulative little boy.
KidGrind 06:58 AM 12-23-2014
Another DCP has obviously been reading the book!

He called to inform me his child is burning up! She is not scheduled to come back until the new year. Usually he tries to drop off sick child or play dumb.

I am loving this book and it’s effect on some of these parents.
Reply Up