Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Terming With Notice
cara041083 07:24 AM 12-23-2014
I have a 1 year old (she just turned 1) and her sister. The older DCG is not bad. However the 1 year old has screamed all day from day one. I have had her since Feb. Well as she has gotten older, she now hits, pushes everyone, she is constantly falling into or onto everyone, and she will not share. She is constanly hurting someone or herself. I have tried the rinse and repeat with the no's and showing her what to do and how to share and it is not getting better. Of course mom says she is only like that here, but at home she the girls have there own play room and I am pretty sure they are free to do what they want in there while the parents are in the other room. I have started separating her from the group, which in turn causes her to scream and cry the whole time she is away from everyone. Then if I let her go back with the group it starts all over again. I feel that I can no longer give her the 1 on 1 attention she wants and give the others the care they need. I feel like this little girl is getting the most of my attention and I just can't do it any longer. My question is, how should I handle this term? I have termed on the spot before but I have never had to term and give notice and explain in detail that it just isn't working out. Should I write up a letter? what is the best way to handle this? I want to handle it the best way possible since I will be loosing 2 kids and not just 1.
daycare 07:36 AM 12-23-2014
Originally Posted by cara041083:
I have a 1 year old (she just turned 1) and her sister. The older DCG is not bad. However the 1 year old has screamed all day from day one. I have had her since Feb. Well as she has gotten older, she now hits, pushes everyone, she is constantly falling into or onto everyone, and she will not share. She is constanly hurting someone or herself. I have tried the rinse and repeat with the no's and showing her what to do and how to share and it is not getting better. Of course mom says she is only like that here, but at home she the girls have there own play room and I am pretty sure they are free to do what they want in there while the parents are in the other room. I have started separating her from the group, which in turn causes her to scream and cry the whole time she is away from everyone. Then if I let her go back with the group it starts all over again. I feel that I can no longer give her the 1 on 1 attention she wants and give the others the care they need. I feel like this little girl is getting the most of my attention and I just can't do it any longer. My question is, how should I handle this term? I have termed on the spot before but I have never had to term and give notice and explain in detail that it just isn't working out. Should I write up a letter? what is the best way to handle this? I want to handle it the best way possible since I will be loosing 2 kids and not just 1.
search term letters on here..

my advice short, sweet simple and direct. ZERO Emotion.

example

DCF,

I will no longer be able to provide services for your family. Please accept this letter as a two-week termination notice. Your last day of care will be on xyz.

I personally would not send that, but something to that degree. DOn't explain..... Like I said, search term letters and you will get plenty of good ideas....
Reply Up