Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Book Club - Reviews / Suggestions>Favorite Children’s Book?
PitterPatter 05:13 PM 04-12-2011
I just thought of this reading the other book thread. I have an absolute favorite book and I was wondering what everyone elses was. Care to share?

My favorite all time book is Love You Forever by Robert Munsch. I have read that to my son since he was a tiny baby. We still read it once in a while and he's 9. We have it memorized now of course
MsMe 05:17 PM 04-12-2011
Originally Posted by Tygerluv:
I just thought of this reading the other book thread. I have an absolute favorite book and I was wondering what everyone elses was. Care to share?

My favorite all time book is Love You Forever by Robert Munsch. I have read that to my son since he was a tiny baby. We still read it once in a while and he's 9. We have it memorized now of course
Me too! I give it as a gift at every baby shower I go to!
PitterPatter 05:27 PM 04-12-2011
Originally Posted by LLD:
Me too! I give it as a gift at every baby shower I go to!
ME TOO!!

I usually make a basket with a crochet blanket or crochet sweater/booties, some other odds and ends and that book!
MsMe 05:29 PM 04-12-2011
ME TOO!!

I usually make a basket with a crochet blanket or crochet sweater/booties, some other odds and ends and that book!
HAHA I always knit a pair of booties to go along with the book!!!
PitterPatter 05:49 PM 04-12-2011
Originally Posted by LLD:
HAHA I always knit a pair of booties to go along with the book!!!

That's so cool!! They say great minds think alike!
MsMe 05:57 PM 04-12-2011

That's so cool!! They say great minds think alike!
i wish my mind thought like yours. My crochet skills are VERY basic. Knitting came very easy to me I have been thinking about buying the 'teach yourself to crochet' book (i taught my self knittting with the knitting counterpart) bc I just bought a really cool blue yar bc it had the cutest baby 'boots' on the package....imagine my disipoint when I got home and the pattern was crochet only bummer
Luna 05:35 PM 04-12-2011
I canNOT read that book all the way through without crying! Another one we love is "Good Families Don't", also by Robert Munsch.
PitterPatter 05:54 PM 04-12-2011
Originally Posted by Luna:
I canNOT read that book all the way through without crying! Another one we love is "Good Families Don't", also by Robert Munsch.
Is that the 1 where it teaches it's ok to fart?

I actually had a client 4 yrs ago that made her kids go to the restroom when they had to fart! I told them it was ok to fart in front of me just excuse yourself.
marniewon 07:27 PM 04-12-2011
Originally Posted by Luna:
I also love this book but can't even THINK about it without getting teary-eyed .
ammama 07:53 PM 04-12-2011
I love Goodnight Moon. Another of my favorites is by Mem Fox, called Time for Bed. I don't actually have it anymore, but I still remember it off by heart, and recite parts of it often to my kids.
"It's time for bed little mouse, little mouse. Darkness is falling all over the house."

hmm, my favorite books seem to have a 'going to bed' theme. Wonder what that means, lol.
Tags:book suggestions, books
Reply Up