Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Does Your CL Ad Say
Candy 07:23 AM 03-04-2013
I was going to put an ad on CL but i have no idea how i should word it or what info to put in it.
ABCDaycareMN 07:29 AM 03-04-2013
On mine, I have my philosophy, a bit about me including my certifications, hours, and allergy info - i have 2 cats and a dog...
mamac 07:43 AM 03-04-2013
Not to hijack the thread, but I'm curious how many of you post pics of your space? I didn't find my DC on cl but I always searched the ads with pics as opposed to the ones without.
rmc20021 07:51 AM 03-04-2013
I do put a little bit of info about myself and my program and I have a couple pics posted of my play area, will be adding more today of some of our projects we've worked on recently.
ABCDaycareMN 08:17 AM 03-04-2013
I do not have a pic posted yet. I will put one on my ad when I have to repost another ad in the future. I finally have somewhat of a daycare space that looks kid friendly, rather than just a home.
MarinaVanessa 08:25 AM 03-04-2013
My CL ads always have pictures of my daycare space as well as some of the kids doing activities. The text that I add always talks about the spot that I'm looking to fill and I include my fee (Id rather have it posted and the families know about it up front so that I know that calls that I get are serious). I use their maps option and include a map with a pin of my general location.

I also include my flyer which has a lot of my general information and references to my website where they can find more information, more pictures etc.

Here's my current CL ad that I have up. I'm trying to fill a very difficult Tues-Thurs spot .
ABCDaycareMN 08:43 AM 03-04-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
My CL ads always have pictures of my daycare space as well as some of the kids doing activities. The text that I add always talks about the spot that I'm looking to fill and I include my fee (Id rather have it posted and the families know about it up front so that I know that calls that I get are serious). I use their maps option and include a map with a pin of my general location.

I also include my flyer which has a lot of my general information and references to my website where they can find more information, more pictures etc.

Here's my current CL ad that I have up. I'm trying to fill a very difficult Tues-Thurs spot .
I love your ad!
Candy 09:28 AM 03-04-2013

I love your ad, i also love that you use real (well plastic dishes) insted of paper plates and cups
MsLaura529 09:41 AM 03-04-2013

You're ad looks awesome!

My CL ad right now does not have much info in it ... I have important information in there- that I am expected for be opening early Spring, that I will be licensed, provide food, that I'm a certified elementary teacher, etc.
Chuckles 07:52 PM 03-05-2013
If you have a permit, I think it is important to mention it and also educate people about the benefits/pros of having a child in a regulated day care program. I wouldn't make your post too long because a lot of people are in a hurry and won't take the time to read. I think short and to the point on days, hours, services, experience would suffice.
Evansmom 07:57 PM 03-05-2013
Here is mine, it's pretty lengthy and I have a website and Facebook page

http://austin.craigslist.org/kid/3657331824.html
Chuckles 08:09 PM 03-05-2013
Originally Posted by Evansmom:
Here is mine, it's pretty lengthy and I have a website and Facebook page

http://austin.craigslist.org/kid/3657331824.html
That's sooo nice. I used to live in that area. I miss Austin
I bet your Licensing inspector loves you.
Evansmom 09:18 PM 03-05-2013
Originally Posted by Chuckles:
That's sooo nice. I used to live in that area. I miss Austin
I bet your Licensing inspector loves you.
Aww, thanks! Actually I'm just listed. I only have 3 spots but my son is 5 and stays with me too. It's a really small school but I like it that way!

Where did you move to?
Chuckles 10:30 PM 03-05-2013
I moved back to Dallas. I went to school in Austin and didn't find a job in time to stay. Sadly, a lot of my stuff is still in storage there lol! If you ever went registered/licensed, you would probably rock.
Evansmom 05:05 AM 03-06-2013
I moved back to Dallas. I went to school in Austin and didn't find a job in time to stay. Sadly, a lot of my stuff is still in storage there lol! If you ever went registered/licensed, you would probably rock.
Thanks! I'm surprised you say that tho. I was under the impression from reading all the guidelines that I would be expected to have centers and be set up like a daycare. I already meet all the safety guidelines and more bc in my opinion what they require is just common sense.

But I do the playing/toys set up a little differently bc I believe in the environment as the third teacher and I believe that children need to play in an uncluttered, peaceful environment so I keep all my sets of toys upstairs and we go up there, the kids pick what they want to play with. If they get bored or change their minds we pick it up and trade it for something else. Everything stays organized and the kids learn to respect my materials while also appreciating order. I guess I figured the state wouldn't go for that but it really works for us!
LaLa1923 09:52 AM 03-06-2013

I love it! How did you make your flyer?
melilley 11:16 AM 03-06-2013

That is a very nice CL ad! I love it, I like the pic of the food, I want to eat it...lol
MarinaVanessa 12:36 PM 03-06-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
That is a very nice CL ad! I love it, I like the pic of the food, I want to eat it...lol
lol Not the first time I heard that . And that was my first successfull attemp at making home-cooked mac and cheese ... all of the other times previously made it came out to be HORRIBLE looking (clumpy and thick) . It's a good thing I took a picture, it doesn't always look like that .

And thanks for the compliments ladies. I needed a way to make my ad stand out and I LOVE that CL now lets you add more photos now. I used Photoshop to make the JPEG of the flyer, it matches my website but a simpler one can be made with the paint program. You just upload the photo to photobucket and then copy and paste the direct link to your CL ad.
Springdaze 06:41 PM 03-06-2013
I always put pics. if I am being curious and looking at others ads, I only look at the ones with pics. Im sure parents do, too
Chuckles 06:55 PM 03-06-2013
Originally Posted by Evansmom:
Thanks! I'm surprised you say that tho. I was under the impression from reading all the guidelines that I would be expected to have centers and be set up like a daycare. I already meet all the safety guidelines and more bc in my opinion what they require is just common sense.

But I do the playing/toys set up a little differently bc I believe in the environment as the third teacher and I believe that children need to play in an uncluttered, peaceful environment so I keep all my sets of toys upstairs and we go up there, the kids pick what they want to play with. If they get bored or change their minds we pick it up and trade it for something else. Everything stays organized and the kids learn to respect my materials while also appreciating order. I guess I figured the state wouldn't go for that but it really works for us!
The standards don't dictate how you arrange things in child care homes so long as they don't present a safety hazard. The only problem with your arrangement if you were to be registered or licensed is the going upstairs part. The standards require anyone operating above or below ground to have written permission from a fire marshal. I don't know how likely people are to get that for homes because of the evacuation risks. I think it is great to rotate toys so the children don't get bored.
Little Star75 07:21 PM 03-06-2013
Mine looks like this however I do have various posts depending on the opening I have.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/kid/3664236983.html
Evansmom 08:19 AM 03-07-2013
The standards don't dictate how you arrange things in child care homes so long as they don't present a safety hazard. The only problem with your arrangement if you were to be registered or licensed is the going upstairs part. The standards require anyone operating above or below ground to have written permission from a fire marshal. I don't know how likely people are to get that for homes because of the evacuation risks. I think it is great to rotate toys so the children don't get bored.
Thanks for the info, that's good to know if I ever decide to expand.
Tags:advertising, craigs list
Reply Up