Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Infants with Oxygen
suzgillespie 11:02 AM 01-21-2008
Does anyone have any helpful hints or ideas or information for caring for an infant with oxygen in a day care center? She has portable oxygen tank. I am hoping I can hang it on the rails of the crib with one of those hooks that climbers use to keep it out of reach. But what about the bouncy seat or swing. I am worried about the crawlers/walkers going around and getting to the tank or the hose. Will this even work? I told her I would do it for a trial period to see if we both can be happy with the care she will receive.
Ned 01:48 PM 01-28-2008
You are doing such a great service by helping a family in its daycare needs. I hope this works out for this child and family. Their burden in care and emotion must be great. I hope other here can give you some suggestions. If you find some helpful hints for others in the same situation please post them.
Unregistered 08:01 PM 01-22-2009
I had a child on oxygen when he was little and no one would take care of him but that was 21 years ago and know I do take children with oxygen and its best to keep it flat on the floor also you can have the company bring in something for you to maybe hang it up if you want but the most important thing that you need to do is make sure that the tubing is keep with out a kink in it or no holes can get in to it its not that hard to do just take time and let me tell you that you do at the end of the day feel great helping the parents out But you should have them teach you how to deal with the tank in case it runs out or is low always have a back up one and know how to change it over the the new one. and remember they are just people like every one else but have specail needs that need to be meet
Tags:oxygen, special needs
Reply Up