Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Using a Substitute Questions HELP!
ATK 04:53 AM 01-15-2015
One of my daughters friends MOM down the street said she could sub for me if I:

1) needed to pick a big kid up from school sick and run to doctor (only couple hours)
2) My youngest was sick and needed to go to doctor and be away from the kiddos (6-8 hours)
3) I was sick (6-8 hours)
4) had to make an appointment in daycare hours like cavity filling (couple hours)

So my question is how much do you pay them in a couple hour situation and a whole day situation? I make like $96 a day after I save tax money for 8.5 hours.

ALSO do you claim them on taxes as an expense and then they have to?

ALSO I dont have liability ins but im looking into it would I have to add them?

ALSO 2 out of 3 of the families want to utilize this when she is free, How do I work this with the family that doesn't want to? Do I just not charge them that day they choose not to come? OR do I use the two sick paid days and THEN not charge them? In my contract I have 2 paid emergency days and then any days I close aside from that is credited to them.

In my new contract I will state that should they choose not to use the sub ut is still a PAID day.

I know its a lot of questions THANKS!
Daycare Insurance 10:25 AM 01-16-2015
Originally Posted by ATK:
One of my daughters friends MOM down the street said she could sub for me if I:

1) needed to pick a big kid up from school sick and run to doctor (only couple hours)
2) My youngest was sick and needed to go to doctor and be away from the kiddos (6-8 hours)
3) I was sick (6-8 hours)
4) had to make an appointment in daycare hours like cavity filling (couple hours)

So my question is how much do you pay them in a couple hour situation and a whole day situation? I make like $96 a day after I save tax money for 8.5 hours.

ALSO do you claim them on taxes as an expense and then they have to?

ALSO I dont have liability ins but im looking into it would I have to add them?

ALSO 2 out of 3 of the families want to utilize this when she is free, How do I work this with the family that doesn't want to? Do I just not charge them that day they choose not to come? OR do I use the two sick paid days and THEN not charge them? In my contract I have 2 paid emergency days and then any days I close aside from that is credited to them.

In my new contract I will state that should they choose not to use the sub ut is still a PAID day.

I know its a lot of questions THANKS!
Im not sure I can comment on the rest of your post unfortunately, but I can tell you that if you have a substitute, with the right insurance policy they will automatically be covered as long as they are approved by licensing to be there. If they are just a random person so to speak, there likely isnt a policy out there that would cover you for this in the event of a claim. Keep in mind substitutes are sometimes a necessary part of a day care operation but its vital to keep your T's crossed and I's dotted with your regulations so that you are always in compliance.
Reply Up