Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Terminating Care Aftermath...
Homedaycarelady 07:48 PM 10-29-2016
Ok providers,
I need advice! This past Friday I made and extremely difficult decision to terminate care of an infant that had been with me for about 6 months. I honestly adored the infant! However, my daycare is filled with toddlers aged 2 1/2 and up along with my son who is 13 months. The infant in my care is extremely attached to me to the point that if I even walk away for a second she screams at the top of her lungs. It makes it a huge challenge to engage with the other daycare children. Her schedule for feeding and napping clashes with the older kids schedules and things just don't flow through the day. Ultimately, I felt it just wasn't fair that I wasn't being the best provider to the other children and that the best thing would be to let the infant go. The mother immediately got upset and cursed me out and stormed off. I was offering her a 4 week period to transition and find quality care, instead she sent me a message saying she's not paying the last two weeks and won't be returning at all. She began sending me multiple messages but I wasn't ready to respond. Because I didn't respond quick enough she showed back up to my house demanding her daughters things. I kindly gathered them and gave them to her. When she left she continued to harass me via text and email. Making false accusations, threatening me, and demanding I send her things like receipts, w-9, recommendation letter, etc. which I gladly emailed all over to her. She has continued to email, text and harass me... even went as far as making a fake account to email me with pretending to be a new provider! Is she overreacting? Or am I crazy for fearing for my families safety? I am very concerned that she simply won't stop the harassment. I haven't responded to a single text message and kept it very professional. If I sent anything it was via email with a one liner such as ; here is said document you requested.
catinthebox 09:38 PM 10-29-2016
hell to the yess! That mother sounds crazy and insane, you have every right to be afraid for your family. What type of threats is she making against you? Physical threats?

You can ignore her and hope that she will stop or if she doesn't stop and the harassment increases then i will advise you to take it to the next level and get the law involve with this. Maybe tell her that you would want this to stop because if not then you will get the law involve and that you have the messages and evidences to prove it.

Hope everything goes well and she stops harassing you and your fam.
spedmommy4 10:08 PM 10-29-2016
Originally Posted by Homedaycarelady:
Ok providers,
I need advice! This past Friday I made and extremely difficult decision to terminate care of an infant that had been with me for about 6 months. I honestly adored the infant! However, my daycare is filled with toddlers aged 2 1/2 and up along with my son who is 13 months. The infant in my care is extremely attached to me to the point that if I even walk away for a second she screams at the top of her lungs. It makes it a huge challenge to engage with the other daycare children. Her schedule for feeding and napping clashes with the older kids schedules and things just don't flow through the day. Ultimately, I felt it just wasn't fair that I wasn't being the best provider to the other children and that the best thing would be to let the infant go. The mother immediately got upset and cursed me out and stormed off. I was offering her a 4 week period to transition and find quality care, instead she sent me a message saying she's not paying the last two weeks and won't be returning at all. She began sending me multiple messages but I wasn't ready to respond. Because I didn't respond quick enough she showed back up to my house demanding her daughters things. I kindly gathered them and gave them to her. When she left she continued to harass me via text and email. Making false accusations, threatening me, and demanding I send her things like receipts, w-9, recommendation letter, etc. which I gladly emailed all over to her. She has continued to email, text and harass me... even went as far as making a fake account to email me with pretending to be a new provider! Is she overreacting? Or am I crazy for fearing for my families safety? I am very concerned that she simply won't stop the harassment. I haven't responded to a single text message and kept it very professional. If I sent anything it was via email with a one liner such as ; here is said document you requested.
I dealt with a similar situation earlier this year. In response I, requested that she stop contacting me, blocked her from all methods of contacting me, (cell, FB, email, etc) and ignored her. Initially, she got even more upset and wrote a review on FB and called licensing on me. Licensing must've thought she was crazy too because they didn't even investigate the complaint.

In your situation, document everything, just in case. And if she doesn't stop, and blocking doesn't end this, involve the police.
debbiedoeszip 01:43 PM 10-30-2016
Ok providers,
She sounds crazy. I would have gone to the police already, even if it's to just get advice and to have her on their radar (and in their records).
Homedaycarelady 06:56 AM 10-31-2016
Thanks for the replies!! In the last string of emails I finally wrote "this concludes our business - please no longer contact me" & luckily I haven't heard from her since. The threats were basically that she'd slander my name and do all in her power to ensure my business tanks because "I deserve it" - she even said you shouldn't have dared double crossing your "best" customer LOL.... now I have to explain the situation to my current families...😭
Rockgirl 07:41 AM 10-31-2016
Thanks for the replies!! In the last string of emails I finally wrote "this concludes our business - please no longer contact me" & luckily I haven't heard from her since. The threats were basically that she'd slander my name and do all in her power to ensure my business tanks because "I deserve it" - she even said you shouldn't have dared double crossing your "best" customer LOL.... now I have to explain the situation to my current families...😭
I wouldn't say anything to current families. If they ask about baby, just say they no longer attend. If your name is slandered, you have the emails with the threats--you can pursue it legally.

Sorry you are dealing with this!
Daycare Insurance 11:18 AM 10-31-2016
If you are licensed, you may want to report this to licensing just to be on the safe side. Just tell them what happened and that you feel like this woman might make a false accusation. This way things will go better for you if she does end up calling them.
Tags:crazy parent, narcissistic mother
Reply Up