Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Some Of You Know I've Been Struggling And Thinking Of Terming...
Countrygal 07:47 AM 12-13-2012
Well, guess what? They haven't been here since Monday! No word, no text, nothing. I told them I needed money on their account...... Usually they just pay it. This time they obviously just left. (oooooh! someone fixed my smilies!!! THANK YOU)

I have mailed the termination letter today - it was dated yesterday.

How long do you wait for them to pick up their stuff before taking it to the thrift shop?

Can you tell I am not sad over losing this family? I feel bad, but it really was not a good fit. They wanted cheap and totally at their beck-and-call, not quality child care. We had LOTS of issues.....
Heidi 08:01 AM 12-13-2012
I was going to call you today and ask what happened. See, sometimes things just resolve themselves!
daycare 08:11 AM 12-13-2012
I have had a similar thing happen before and i sent them a certified letter of termination. I also included in the letter of termination that they had 30 days from date of this letter to retrieve any personal belongings of their child.

They never came and got anything.
Play Care 09:00 AM 12-13-2012
Does your contract state anything about personal belongings? Did you put anything in the letter regarding them? I know a provider who gave away a termed clients things several months after the family had left with no communication and they sued her for it and won. I would just make sure you CYA before getting rid of anything.
kitykids3 10:57 AM 12-13-2012
In the past, if a client owed me money, I wouldn't be returning their things until they paid it. Either way, I am glad it worked out good for you. :-)
countrymom 10:58 AM 12-13-2012
why get rid of it. Keep it and reuse it in your daycare. I also have the hotel california rule, that once it comes into my home, I can't guarentee that it will leave.
Countrygal 08:26 PM 12-16-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
why get rid of it. Keep it and reuse it in your daycare. I also have the hotel california rule, that once it comes into my home, I can't guarentee that it will leave.
I was thinking of doing this. Keeping it for "extras". They had been given so many clothes here by other parents and myself that they got a lot more than they left.....
MamaG 08:47 PM 12-16-2012
I have a bit in my handbook about if anything gets left at my house it gets donated/sold/become mine depending if they owe me money or not, after 7 days. I am not a storage facility. I better have my attorney look at that part tho, I'd be ticked off if I lost in court!
Reply Up