Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How's my Craigslist Ad?
Logged out! 07:44 AM 10-26-2012
Posting unregistered, because, um...I can? haha. Privacy, and all that. I really want to know your thoughts on my newest CL ad.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/kid/3366098275.html
Blackcat31 07:59 AM 10-26-2012
I think you ad sounds great!

I noticed these sentences sound off a bit:
"Do you work near or at Easton?" should the "at" be "in"? Do you work near or in Easton? I am assuming Easton is a town? I may be completley wrong but I just thought is sounded off or read funny.

Also this one:

"I've been providing daycare here near Easton for almost three years"

I just thought the sentence flowed better without the word "here". You could even write "I have been providing care in this area for almost three years".

Nothing wrong with what you have written, just adding my 2 cents.

Also did you know you can actually correctly spell busing/bussing both ways?!? I thought the word bussing looked funny with two S's so I checked the dictionary and it says both ways are correct. I did not know that. I guess you DO learn something new everyday.
Live and Learn 08:12 AM 10-26-2012
In the photo on the right hand side there is a long electrical cord. I would not use that photo for that reason. I have heard so many horror stories of kids wrapping things like cords around their necks with a negative outcome for the kid.

Otherwise it looks great. Good luck.
MarinaVanessa 08:34 AM 10-26-2012
I like the wording ... I think it's great. The only thing that I would change are the photos. I personally (not trying to nitpick ... really ) think that the first photo is very blurry and I agree with the comment about the cord. It also looks messy and a little cramped for my taste and the little girl is sitting on top of the table ... am I being a little over sensitive about kids climbing on the furniture? Probably . The 2nd picture is great if a little dark. What I wish I could see (as a parent) is a photo of your outdoor space and play space. You added a photo of a bin of toys but I would personally want to have a general idea of what other types of things you had and how the whole space looked.
cheerfuldom 09:24 AM 10-26-2012
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I like the wording ... I think it's great. The only thing that I would change are the photos. I personally (not trying to nitpick ... really ) think that the first photo is very blurry and I agree with the comment about the cord. It also looks messy and a little cramped for my taste and the little girl is sitting on top of the table ... am I being a little over sensitive about kids climbing on the furniture? Probably . The 2nd picture is great if a little dark. What I wish I could see (as a parent) is a photo of your outdoor space and play space. You added a photo of a bin of toys but I would personally want to have a general idea of what other types of things you had and how the whole space looked.
I agree, the pictures need some tweaking. I wouldnt put a picture of a childs face either.
Happy Hearts 10:41 AM 10-26-2012
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
The grey play house looks like it's dirty at the top. But I love the wording in the ad!!
Chatter Box 10:49 AM 10-26-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I agree, the pictures need some tweaking. I wouldnt put a picture of a childs face either.

I personally feel the same way. It makes me cringe a little. If they are your kids I would also put a disclaimer on the page stating that they are your kids. It would make me nervous as a parent to think that someone might photograph my child and put a picture of them on Craigslist of all places...

Other than that... it's great!
Heidi 10:52 AM 10-26-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I think you ad sounds great!

I noticed these sentences sound off a bit:
"Do you work near or at Easton?" should the "at" be "in"? Do you work near or in Easton? I am assuming Easton is a town? I may be completley wrong but I just thought is sounded off or read funny.

Also this one:

"I've been providing daycare here near Easton for almost three years"

I just thought the sentence flowed better without the word "here". You could even write "I have been providing care in this area for almost three years".

Nothing wrong with what you have written, just adding my 2 cents.

Also did you know you can actually correctly spell busing/bussing both ways?!? I thought the word bussing looked funny with two S's so I checked the dictionary and it says both ways are correct. I did not know that. I guess you DO learn something new everyday.
Blackcat; I'm ratting you out, lady. BLACKCAT IS AN ENGLISH MAJOR!

whahahahaha...I'm sorry, I had a bad morning!
Logged Out 11:13 AM 10-26-2012
Thank you for the input! Blackcat, Easton is...it's an area. It's a mall and several shopping centers and a lot of offices nearby. Everyone around here knows what we mean when we say "at Easton", lol. You were right, the "here" was unnecessary. Might be a regional colloquial thing though :P

You guys are right about the photos! They do need some tweaking.
~They are my kids
~The cord is a laptop cord but you're right it does look awful.
~I let my kids (all of them) climb on that table; 'tis just what I do :P
~The top of the climber isn't dirty, it's just a shadow.
~The quality does need work. Darn moving objects...did you notice that my sensory box photo was perfect

So anyway, thank you for the input! I wanted to get the ad up so I just used what I could find quickly, but I'm going to tidy up the playroom and yard this afternoon and use photos of the playroom, art area, and the backyard.

Glad the wording was good, and best of all, I already got a call from this ad!!!! Been advertising all week with barely even any WEBSITE hits and then within hours of this new ad I got a call! (I chose not to put the website in this ad because it needs updating right now). Interview scheduled for next week!
Blackcat31 11:42 AM 10-26-2012
Originally Posted by Chatter Box:

I personally feel the same way. It makes me cringe a little. If they are your kids I would also put a disclaimer on the page stating that they are your kids. It would make me nervous as a parent to think that someone might photograph my child and put a picture of them on Craigslist of all places...

Other than that... it's great!
Welcome ot the forum! Your status has been upgraded so you can post without moderation!

Originally Posted by Heidi:
Blackcat; I'm ratting you out, lady. BLACKCAT IS AN ENGLISH MAJOR!

whahahahaha...I'm sorry, I had a bad morning!

Really hoping your afternoon is much better than your morning was

Originally Posted by Logged Out:
Thank you for the input! Blackcat, Easton is...it's an area. It's a mall and several shopping centers and a lot of offices nearby. Everyone around here knows what we mean when we say "at Easton", lol. You were right, the "here" was unnecessary. Might be a regional colloquial thing though :P

Glad the wording was good, and best of all, I already got a call from this ad!!!! Been advertising all week with barely even any WEBSITE hits and then within hours of this new ad I got a call! (I chose not to put the website in this ad because it needs updating right now). Interview scheduled for next week!
Gottcha! Super cool that you are already getting calls due to the ad! How fantastic! Crossing my fingers (and toes) that it generates interviews and enrollments!
daycare 11:53 AM 10-26-2012
I also noticed the cord.... cords really really bother me.... My husband used to work as a paramedic and he tried to save a 2year old that strangled herself up in a lamp cord.
Reply Up