Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Would Anyone Be Willing To Share Their Illness Policy?
Zoe 08:32 AM 11-13-2012
Hi there! I have what I consider a pretty good illness policy, but of course we're always revamping things as we experience different families that point out our weaknesses. Today I had a dcm drop off dcg who was out sick with a fever, sore throat, and cough yesterday. Last night she called me and said that dcg went to the dr who gave her medicine and she has been on it since yesterday morning. So I said yes she could come today.

Cut to this morning dcm shows up with bottles of ibuprofin and tylenol for dcg's fever! WTH?! I told her that I don't give meds for a fever and if she has one she has to stay home. DCM really didn't get it (there is a language barrier here) and said "no the dr. said she wasn't sick it was just a fever, cough and sore throat and the dr. said it was ok for her to come to daycare, just give her some tylenol or ibuprofin." It being 6:30 in the morning I'm caught off guard by this whole thing and take her. Please don't flame me, I get it, I should have turned her away.

So far dcg doesn't have a fever and the minute she does get one dcm is being called. All last week all three of my dck's have come with borderline illness and then this weekend my own kids got REALLY sick. I don't want to start this whole thing over again just because dcg is still sick and bringing it in.

So I'm going to hand out my illness policy to all parents to remind them of the importance of keeping their child home during this time and that even if their child doesn't meet the "guidelines for illness" I still have the right to send their child home at my discretion.

Long story short I think I need a good introduction to my illness policy. I don't really have one, it's more a cut and dry what to do and what not to do. I think it would benefit me to explain to parents that yes, kids get sick, it's a part of childhood. And how if they bring kids sick then I get sick and I'll have to close and you'll have to stay home anyway!

Any ideas on how to word an intro like that? TIA!
Tags:illness policy, illness policy - samples, policy sample, sick policy samples
Up