Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Getting Velcro to Stay On Laminate
Brooksie 10:22 AM 04-20-2013
I cannot seem to get my velcro to stay on my laminated stuff to save my life!! I have the most awesome circle time board and can't ever use it because the velcro stickies just peel right off, and then my daughter chews on them... I have tried elmers glue and hot glue and NOTHING works. I would really like to start working the board into our morning routine but I can't have them falling off, its just a mess and big distraction. Any tips?
Evansmom 10:34 AM 04-20-2013
I used Velcro from the craft store that already comes with adhesive on the back and it sticks to our laminated materials without any problems.
Brooksie 10:42 AM 04-20-2013
See that's the stuff I have too and it doesn't stay.. I mean it does if you don't mess with it but that's how we attach out weather pictures and when you try to separate the picture from the board the velcro sticks to its itself but peels off of either the board or the picture...
Kaddidle Care 10:43 AM 04-20-2013
Try tacky glue - you get it at the craft store. Works well gluing things on fabric as well.
Evansmom 11:56 AM 04-20-2013
Originally Posted by Brooksie:
See that's the stuff I have too and it doesn't stay.. I mean it does if you don't mess with it but that's how we attach out weather pictures and when you try to separate the picture from the board the velcro sticks to its itself but peels off of either the board or the picture...
Strange...we have laminated file folder games and unused that Velcro with no problems. Hmm, if not that then I'd try Tacky glue like Kaddidle said. That's what my next suggestion would have been.
Meyou 02:53 AM 04-21-2013
If you're using a felt board to stick them on you can use sandpaper instead of velcro. Maybe that will stay stuck?
butterfly 09:37 AM 04-22-2013
I use the stuff that says Industrial Strength. I even attached my magnetic board and white board directly to the walls with it. I've never had it not work for me. Now getting it back off the walls, might be the challenge!! I got mine in walmart - craft section.
itlw8 10:04 AM 04-22-2013
take some sand paper and rough up the laminate then use super glue or gorilla glue for plastic to attach.
Unregistered 12:11 PM 08-14-2018
I have the same problem. If I use it, then I staple it on from the front and the back. It works for me. Otherwise I use a paperclip and tape to make a clip up.
Snowmom 12:32 PM 08-14-2018
I use the 'command strip' velcro. It works just fine on my laminated poster boards.
LK5kids 01:08 PM 08-14-2018
Hmmmm I have used sticky back Velcro for years on homemade activities. Strange!
MarinaVanessa 01:27 PM 08-14-2018
I had the same problem and gave up.
I switched to a magnet board and superglued magnets to the back of my stuff.
hwichlaz 01:52 PM 08-15-2018
Ar you using both sides? Or are you just putting the rough side on your laminated item then sticking to a flannel board? If you’re using both sides....the Velcro can end up being stronger than the adhesive.
Tags:velcro
Reply Up