Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bye!
Pandaluver21 09:25 AM 01-21-2020
Today is the last day for one of my families. I survived the two weeks! I will absolutely miss this kid, and even his parents. But I will NOT miss the bad behavior (from the kid OR the parents!!)
I want to tell mom at pick up today:
-Good luck with your child that you have TAUGHT to throw fits to get what they want
-No, it is not cute that they have to be pulled off of you in the mornings because they "love you so much" (And THEY are not making it hard for you to leave, YOU are!)
-Intentionally bringing your child sick is not just breaking the rules, it's RUDE!
-This is my house, my business... nothing here belongs to you or your child...
- No, your scrawny 1yr old does not need to wear size 6 diapers or 24months clothing...
- It's water, not wawa. It's also hello, not hewo...talk like an adult

However, what I will end up saying is "Bye"
Msdunny 11:10 AM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Pandaluver21:
Today is the last day for one of my families. I survived the two weeks! I will absolutely miss this kid, and even his parents. But I will NOT miss the bad behavior (from the kid OR the parents!!)
I want to tell mom at pick up today:
-Good luck with your child that you have TAUGHT to throw fits to get what they want
-No, it is not cute that they have to be pulled off of you in the mornings because they "love you so much" (And THEY are not making it hard for you to leave, YOU are!)
-Intentionally bringing your child sick is not just breaking the rules, it's RUDE!
-This is my house, my business... nothing here belongs to you or your child...
- No, your scrawny 1yr old does not need to wear size 6 diapers or 24months clothing...
- It's water, not wawa. It's also hello, not hewo...talk like an adult

However, what I will end up saying is "Bye"
I am getting ready to hand over my first termination letter since I reopened, and I am an emotional wreck today. I just want this next two weeks to be over!
Ariana 11:55 AM 01-21-2020
Just termed a lying family last night! Feels good
springv 12:17 PM 01-21-2020
Got some that if they don't pay, out the door they go!
Valerie928 01:07 PM 01-21-2020
Good for you! It must feel like a relief. I am very close to terming a family for very similar reasons. I am just hoping to find a replacement first but may not last lol.
Pandaluver21 05:12 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Msdunny:
I am getting ready to hand over my first termination letter since I reopened, and I am an emotional wreck today. I just want this next two weeks to be over!
I've been doing this for about 12 years now and have actually only had to kick out a hand full of families, but it has yet to get any easier :P

Originally Posted by Valerie928:
Good for you! It must feel like a relief. I am very close to terming a family for very similar reasons. I am just hoping to find a replacement first but may not last lol.
I was hoping to have my finances a little more secure but I couldn't wait any longer! Absolutely relief! However, for some reason I ended up bawling after they left And I'm not even a crier, caught me totally off guard! Darn attachment lol
Pandaluver21 04:04 PM 01-30-2020
Just in case anyone is hesitating on a termination...
DO IT!

This was the first week without the family, and though I do kind of miss the kid... I do NOT miss the drama! This week has been SO different. We got so much more done, and I can end my day not being upset!

I think we keep some families way too long, and it's hurting us and our business as a whole. Let that family GO, to save your sanity and avoid burn out!
Ariana 05:07 PM 01-30-2020
I can’t say that I have ever been emotional or sad about terming a family! If I terminate you, it has become desperate and I am so done with you. This will be my 3rd term I think in 10 yrs!

Last day tomorrow for this kid and their whack job parents
e.j. 10:01 AM 01-31-2020
DO IT!

This was the first week without the family, and though I do kind of miss the kid... I do NOT miss the drama! This week has been SO different. We got so much more done, and I can end my day not being upset!

I think we keep some families way too long, and it's hurting us and our business as a whole. Let that family GO, to save your sanity and avoid burn out!
I termed a child in November but should have done it a year ago. (I had written the term letter; just never worked up the nerve to hand it to the parents!) It got to the point where I was so stressed by the kid's behavior, I was going to bed with major heartburn every night, had difficulty sleeping through the night, woke up every morning dreading the day and spent my weekends worrying about how I was going to get through the following week. I liked the parents and felt terrible about terming (something I rarely do) but it got to the point where I felt I had no choice. I never should have let it go on for as long as I did. Within a week of her being gone, I realized how calm and quiet the house had become. The kids have been playing so nicely together, they aren't fighting, crying or screaming. I can let them play while I prepare meals without having to constantly run back to break up a fight over toys or to stop a child from hurting another child or endangering herself. Everyone falls asleep or rests quietly at nap time and I get a break to clean up after lunch.... For the most part, my heartburn has subsided, I'm sleeping through most nights and I am starting to enjoy my job again.

All that to say, "I totally agree!" I'm willing to work with a family to try to resolve certain behavioral issues but will term without hesitating if I feel I need to do it again.
Gemma 10:06 AM 01-31-2020
DO IT!
No amount of money is worth losing your mind!
MelissaP 06:57 AM 02-02-2020
This past week, I had a family bring in a child (10 month old) that was in full stomach flu mode. On Monday, mom brought the kid in and said that she had thrown up the previous morning but hadn't since then. Great! Monday afternoon dad picks up and I tell him that she had one semi runny diaper (which wasn't uncommon since she is still only bottle fed, she has sensory issues). Send child home.. Tuesday she comes back and Mom says she had a great night and that she slept well and all that. Dad picks up and he says the child had over 5 runny diapers... F@#&! My youngest daughter got it, all the other daycare kids got it, and then my middle daughter got it. This family was so pissed that I wouldn't let them come back. I even told mom straight out on Tuesday that "You're child has the stomach flu and now you brought it into my house. Last week, you brought Influenza into my house. You are hearby not welcomed back". All she said was "Is there a cure for that?". Are you serious!? Worst family ever. Good luck to the next provider. I should have termed after a week, all the kid did was cry ALL. DAY. LONG. The entire time she was here. She refused to eat anything besides a bottle, and mom refused to take her to the doctor and said that she was eating fine at home.. bull. Dad was a douche and would complain about how much childcare was and ask for discounts all the time.. the only family that I have every provided diapers, wipes and food for. Never again. I am so over parents. This week should be a great week without that devil of a child. Lol.
Tags:bad fit, family leaving, terminate
Reply Up