Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Potty Training Issue
Unregistered 02:53 PM 02-06-2020
I have a 3 1/2 yo who mom says is completely potty trained at home. Wears underwear, goes into the bathroom on his own and uses the toilet, they go out to do errands with him in underwear etc.
He refuses to use the toilet here. He tells mom he wants to wear a diaper to my house and he has even told me that he only wants to use the toilet at home. Because he has expressed this to me as well, I believe that he is trained at home.
Mom knows and completely understands that I don’t allow kids in underwear here until the are clean and dry for two weeks. We have tried putting him in underwear with a pull up over the top, but he still poops and/or pees in his pants.
Clearly he has the ability to hold it and use the bathroom when he wants to do it. I get that the environments are quite different between here and home. I just don’t understand why he would choose to be wet and dirty here, but want to stay clean and dry at home. It’s not a distraction issue, it’s a choice he is making. He is verbalizing this choice to both mom and myself.
e.j. 06:34 PM 02-06-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I get that the environments are quite different between here and home. I just don’t understand why he would choose to be wet and dirty here, but want to stay clean and dry at home. It’s not a distraction issue, it’s a choice he is making. He is verbalizing this choice to both mom and myself.
Sometime the difference in environments is the biggest issue. I have a dcg who was afraid to use my bathroom because, in her opinion, the toilet flushed too loudly. Apparently the toilet at home is much quieter. Even through she was trained at home for the most part, it took her quite awhile to be willing to potty train at my house. Is it possible your toilet flushes louder than the one at his house? Maybe there's something different between his bathroom at home and yours that you're not aware of but truly makes the difference for him?
Ariana 01:10 PM 02-07-2020
Start rewarding him with candy/chocolates. Make it a sweet deal to use the toilet at your house
Tags:potty training advice, reward system
Reply Up