Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

Default where to put everyone????????

I need ideas for our daycare eating area. I have a smaller dining room and right now I have 8 highchairs. In the summer and during breaks I have to add seating for 2 more daycare kids and my own 6 kids.

How do you balance family space and daycare space? I would love to see pictures of your eating area set up so I can maybe get some ideas.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:41 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

so you have 16 total in your own dining room?? sounds like you need a bigger house....
Old 09-30-2011, 10:50 AM

In your shoes I'd go for folding picnic tables.

They go for about $80 online. (picnic mart)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg folding picnic table.jpg (31.6 KB, 9 views)
Old 09-30-2011, 11:06 AM

how old are your daycare kids?? Are they all so young they need to be in highchairs?? I hate high chairs, have only owned one in the past 12 years and only had it for a few years (because I had a corner bench style kitchen table).

I use a kid table and have chairs in 3 different heights for the kids. Trying to attach a pic...

For younger babies I have used either those highchair things that attach to a kitchen chair (but I use them on the floor in the playroom), or I use the FP infant-toddler rocker. I'm thinking of trying the type of seat that attaches to a table but not sure if it will work on the table I have in the playroom.

My own kids sit in the kitchen for meals if they are home.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:16 AM

Eight highchairs?? No way, I have two and I graduate the babies out of them ASAP because they take up so much room, lol!

I have two highchairs, two regular chairs with boosters and two benches so I can seat twelve. Summer and school off days we use the kids table and chairs from the playroom. That seats six.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Daycare.com Member

I use a picnic table for my over two's and only have two high chairs for the 2 under two and they are space saver ones. I use my basement so we just eat on the table down there
Old 09-30-2011, 11:24 AM

anyone that uses a sippy and self feeds goes to the table here. I do use boosters. if I have to have a high chair, I pick the most minimalist one I can find. Ikea had a great one!

here's a pic
http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/drool...from-ikea.aspx
Old 09-30-2011, 11:34 AM

I use a clip on high chair on the counter for the smallest child.

The rest sit at these tables. I have four of them. I got the tables at Sams Club for $40 each. The legs fold up and then the table top folds in half. Storage is a snap! I LOVE the fact that the height of the tables can be altered. The lowest is what I use for the kids. The next height is adult eating height (so I can grab these tables and use them at home when we have tons of company) and the highest is counter height. I have used these tables not just for kids, but for holidays, yard sales, crafts for my daughters and their friends.....one of the best purchases I've made.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lunchroom2.JPG (486.9 KB, 17 views)
Old 09-30-2011, 11:42 AM
Daycare.com Member

I have a rectangle kids table. They are a little spendy but I got mine at a daycare forclosure sale. It seats 6 kids if need be, the 2.5 yo and up sit there.

I have 1 highchair, the 8 month old is fed before I start cooking and the 12 month old goes on there next. My kitchen table seats 6 and I have booster chairs on a few for the 15 - 2.5 yo that like to leave the table without asking to be excused.

If you can use your kitchen too and you have a breakfast bar, they make the chairs that clamp on the counter.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:56 AM
Daycare.com Member

I phased out high chairs, b/c they take up too much space in my dining room and are a pain to store when not in use. My youngest is 10 mths and I currently have a 1 yr old, and three 2 yr olds. I use the Fisher Price Healthy Care booster seats that fold compactly---easy to clean and disinfect and store away. They strap on securely to my dining room chairs and work well for the little ones! They only run $25, so they are much cheaper than a high chair too!

Tags
dining room, seating