Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mind Blown...
lflick 12:42 PM 02-24-2014
This was on a facebook "rummage" sale site...

Looking for a sitter that will come to our house 3 days a week during the summer to watch 2-3 girls. Must have own vehicle. Must not have a problem with dogs as we have a beagle. $20 per day no matter if you have 2 or 3 kids or how long. Usually anywhere between 6-8 hours. 7am till fiance gets home between two and three. Could possibly run until four some days but not often. Food provided but will need to cook breakfast and lunch.

I am sorry but regardless if food is provided or not... you are watching more than one child.... traveling to someones home.... what the heck... may as well sign up to lose money!
Meyou 12:58 PM 02-24-2014
I would say they are looking for a teenager for the summer not a nanny. I wouldn't let my dd take the job for $20/day for 3 kids but some teens might take it in a second. Day hours, no nights, easy job for a teen for the summer since they just play and make peanut butter sandwiches.
cheerfuldom 08:10 PM 02-24-2014
It is ridiculous, especially the part that no matter how long you work, it is still $20 per day. They could easily head out for errands or even a date and just give you $20 at 8pm. This job would suck, even for a teenager.
AnneCordelia 03:51 AM 02-25-2014
Almost 20 years ago as a teen I 'nannied' for a summer for 2 kids and made $45/day. This is crazy.
Reply Up