Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 02-25-2019, 10:20 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Frequent Urination

DCB, 3 years, turns 4 this week. He uses the bathroom all.day.long. Like, every 30 - 45 minutes. He doesn't drink a ton here, but uses the bathroom like he does. I try to get him to hold it for a minute or two, and he screams and cries when I tell him he can wait a minute. He can (and does) go the entire rest period without using the bathroom. I have scheduled breaks every 1.5 hours and although kids can use the bathroom whenever it's needed - I have never had someone use it this much.

Is this normal? Overactive bladder? Nervous bladder? Scared to have an accident?
Old 02-25-2019, 10:30 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

What does his sugar and starch consumption look like?
Old 02-25-2019, 11:11 AM
Daycare.com Member

Today he had:

Oatmeal with cinnamon, unsweetened almond milk, honey, sliced banana and chopped walnuts

Lunch was triscuits, deli ham and salami, cubed cheddar cheese, bell pepper strips and cucumber slices

Snack... I am not sure yet

As far as home, I am not sure. He is always willing to eat veggies so I know parents did a great job with that.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:26 AM

The typical causes are too much water, too much sugar (starch also = sugar), too much calcium or a misfunctioning "pump" (kidney or pancreas).

Any family history?
Old 02-25-2019, 11:40 AM

Does he empty his bladder completely when he goes? Sounds like he might be dribbling each time or trying to do it quick and not emptying his bladder fully.
Old 02-25-2019, 12:26 PM
Daycare.com Member

DD has overactive bladder...but she's a girl and her age fits (5-10 years). Boys can get UTIs as well. Maybe ask for a Dr. visit.

There's another thing called interstitial cystitis. You can get it after anti-biotics. I've had it after antibiotics for a UTI.

Weird, but asparagus can take care of that. Asparagus is analgesic for the bladder. (At least that's what I've read and it seems to work for me the with interstitial cystitis).
Old 02-26-2019, 07:11 AM
Daycare.com Member

My son has a small bladder. He has also gotten viruses that have caused symptoms similar to a UTI which I did not know existed. I would suggest an appointment to rule out other issues but it could just be the way he is.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:05 AM

I had this problem since I was 3 yrs old due to anxiety. I still pee every 30min lol. Partly because of anxiety, partly because i dont like the feeling of anything in my bladder especially when im trying to concentrate on something. Holding your pee is never good anyway...
My parents took me to many doctors and there were many possibilities for treatment including surgery. Thankfully my parents decided it was anxiety because surgery may have made it worse!
Old 02-27-2019, 08:08 AM
Daycare.com Member

Thank you everyone!

I am not sure if there is a family history or not, but I will ask parents.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:10 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomBoss View Post
I had this problem since I was 3 yrs old due to anxiety. I still pee every 30min lol. Partly because of anxiety, partly because i dont like the feeling of anything in my bladder especially when im trying to concentrate on something. Holding your pee is never good anyway...
My parents took me to many doctors and there were many possibilities for treatment including surgery. Thankfully my parents decided it was anxiety because surgery may have made it worse!
I get this and sometimes have the same. My old dentist used to get so p!ssed at me because I would have to go about very 30 minutes. She told me not to drink so much. I told her I wasn't I was just a nervous patient. Eh, it is what it is. She is no longer my dentist and my current one I adore. Especially because she picked up on my dental anxiety right away and is good about easing it.

Tags
polyuria