Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Some Parents just do not like the Answer ...
familyschoolcare 09:49 PM 05-29-2012
... to their already answered question

At drop off tonight, I told a parent that over the weekend I became aware of the fact the daycare was exposed to head lice. This DCD asked me so what

does that mean. After explaining what I meant he asked so what is being done to prevent the spread. So I explained that over the weekend I washed

all the bedding in my house and treated the carpets, the couch, the sofa chair and the van, and I will be checking the heads of children as they come

to day care. He asked me three time what was being done to prevent the spread this. After repeating myself three times I said and as far as I know

that is all there is to do to prevent the spread of head lice if you come crossed information other wise please share it with me. He shook his head

and mumble under his breath whatever and his body language showed that he did not like that answer but he stopped asking the question.
DaisyMamma 03:44 AM 05-30-2012
WEIRD. What did he want you to say?
DBug 05:21 AM 05-30-2012
Sounds like this dcd communicates the same way my hubby does -- differently than the rest of the world .

I would bet anything that instead of actually intending to ask the same question over and over, he was probably meaning something like "Who brought the lice into your house? Is there something we should do to help avoid it coming to our house? What are you going to do in the future to prevent it from spreading?"

If it comes up again, I would suggest ways they can prevent it at home -- keep dck's hair up and freshly shampooed everyday, use tea tree oil in their hair, check every family member's hair every morning and evening, etc., etc.

Yes, it's incredibly frustrating. It's very difficult communicating with someone like that, but don't take it personally. The way he communicates is his issue, not yours. You're doing everything you possibly can, and really, it's just lice. Good luck!!
Zoe 06:07 AM 05-30-2012
Communicating with several people a day can be frustrating, as we all have different ways of doing so. I would recommend, if you have the time today during nap or something, to fill out a newsletter stating when the head lice came into your house, what you did to stop it from spreading, what you are going to do now to keep it from spreading, and what the parents at home can do. Write down a couple of helpful links to websites that talk about head lice. That should satisfy the dad who clearly doesn't know what kind of questions to ask.
familyschoolcare 06:49 AM 05-30-2012
After going over the whole conversation in my head and "debriefing" with my hubby he heard the whole thing I thin he was trying to figure out who brought it into the house because I only have one other day cay family and my own children. he had other strange questions. The story continue watch for another head lice post coming soon. NOt sure what I will title it yet.
Tags:head lice, parents - don't cooperate
Reply Up