Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>NYS Providers- Second CSEA Grant?
daycarediva 10:34 AM 08-14-2013
Just got approved for mine! It is Kaplan credit only this time though (stinky). I got reimbursed in under 30 days for the last credit and was able to buy SOOO much more.
Play Care 10:41 AM 08-14-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Just got approved for mine! It is Kaplan credit only this time though (stinky). I got reimbursed in under 30 days for the last credit and was able to buy SOOO much more.
Already? I haven't received any notices this time.
Cradle2crayons 11:02 AM 08-14-2013
I love Kaplan!! A lot of my NHI 18 wheeler of stuff that came last week was Kaplan. The rest was little tykes, fisher price, lakeshore learning etc.

Once I finish a few more parts of my CDA stuff for my wrist lady, I'll get another shipment

I LOVE KAPLAN!!
daycarediva 11:20 AM 08-14-2013
I received a phone call from the CSEA rep last week and then I got my letter in the mail yesterday. I am really, really struggling with what to buy. I am thinking a big new circle time carpet and new couch (we have 2 that seat 2, I have 6 littles)

spent the entire naptime looking around kaplans website and STILL undecided.

Nice problem to have, though!!
Play Care 04:46 AM 08-15-2013
I actually got my letter yesterday after I was closed.

I just got rid of a ton of toys, and am feeling like I don't need more of those. Not sure what I should get.
Familycare71 05:07 AM 08-15-2013
I LOVE these grants!!!
The older dc kids and I shop together . They don't make all the choices but do get to pick some things-
We have gotten so many toys that would have been hard for me to do on my own. The last time we purchased a sand box.
Ill have to check my mail today!
slorey 05:16 AM 08-15-2013
I got my application in the mail yesterday, but am hesitant to apply this time around because I currently have no dc kids! And, have had no calls for fall either! Not even sure I could get approved without having any current kids. I am bummed I will miss out this time around, but it is probably for the best since I will have to find another job if the calls don't come in soon!
Familycare71 05:28 AM 08-15-2013
Originally Posted by slorey:
I got my application in the mail yesterday, but am hesitant to apply this time around because I currently have no dc kids! And, have had no calls for fall either! Not even sure I could get approved without having any current kids. I am bummed I will miss out this time around, but it is probably for the best since I will have to find another job if the calls don't come in soon!
Ugh! Sorry to hear that!! . Hope the calls start quickly!!!
daycarediva 09:43 AM 08-15-2013
I hope you get calls soon slorey!

I had my big dckids help and we picked out a few new toys, some duplicates of favorites, circle time carpet, new couch and new dramatic play items.

Next year I REALLY want a light table and a ton of things to go with it. Maybe they will do 2 next year and we can get that AND new shelves.
melskids 09:48 AM 08-15-2013
I got mine yesterday....I got a laptop, as I don't need any more toys. LOL

I heard this was the end of the grants though...so no more next year.
Sereetta 01:26 PM 08-15-2013
I can't apply for this grant bc I live in New York City!!! I need things
daycarediva 01:28 PM 08-15-2013
Originally Posted by melskids:
I got mine yesterday....I got a laptop, as I don't need any more toys. LOL

I heard this was the end of the grants though...so no more next year.
Really? My csea rep didn't mention that!

Sorry Sereetta!
Familycare71 02:04 PM 08-15-2013
I am waiting my two hours!
Who did you hear it was the last year for the grant from?
Leanna 02:15 PM 08-15-2013
Just got approved! I am scoping the Kaplan site while I wait my two hours. We desperately need a new child sized table and chairs and beyond that I am getting things to add to what we already love (i.e. more tree blocks, lego accessories, and stocking up on art supplies). I really hope this isn't the last grant!
DaycareMama 05:41 PM 08-15-2013
I have such a hard time shopping KAPLAN even with a grant. Everything is so overpriced and most of the toys are so easily breakable or a chocking hazard.

I was thinking about getting a desk top but im not sure I understand the "rules" behind it?

I am really struggling with what to get. We could use so many things but the quality and prices make it hard
Play Care 06:57 PM 08-15-2013
Originally Posted by DaycareMama:
I have such a hard time shopping KAPLAN even with a grant. Everything is so overpriced and most of the toys are so easily breakable or a chocking hazard.

I was thinking about getting a desk top but im not sure I understand the "rules" behind it?

I am really struggling with what to get. We could use so many things but the quality and prices make it hard
I agree I'm not crazy about the toys. I did get a small shelving unit I liked the last time and some dress up capes. My understanding is that the computer can only be used for business
Familycare71 08:48 PM 08-15-2013
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I agree I'm not crazy about the toys. I did get a small shelving unit I liked the last time and some dress up capes. My understanding is that the computer can only be used for business
100% business- so no personal surfing or usage. And you have to use it for subsidized payment submission if you currently or ever do accept it.

I am trying to decide if I should buy a crib- I'm afraid they are going to take pack n plays out of use and I don't want to spend my own $ on a replacement crib! I figure even if I got one I'd be ahead of the game but I love that I can store my pack n plays when they aren't needed... What do you all think?
DaycareMama 09:02 PM 08-15-2013
Originally Posted by Familycare71:
100% business- so no personal surfing or usage. And you have to use it for subsidized payment submission if you currently or ever do accept it.

I am trying to decide if I should buy a crib- I'm afraid they are going to take pack n plays out of use and I don't want to spend my own $ on a replacement crib! I figure even if I got one I'd be ahead of the game but I love that I can store my pack n plays when they aren't needed... What do you all think?
Have you heard anything about the pack and plays? Or just going on a hunge. I wouldn't doubt it at all.

Last grant we bought a computer desk, sand table and some head phones for a listening center/computer area. A new indoor climber would be awesome!

I couldn't decide on dinner tonight let alone how to spend $500.
I am not a god decision maker lol
Familycare71 09:10 PM 08-15-2013
Originally Posted by DaycareMama:
Have you heard anything about the pack and plays? Or just going on a hunge. I wouldn't doubt it at all.

Last grant we bought a computer desk, sand table and some head phones for a listening center/computer area. A new indoor climber would be awesome!

I couldn't decide on dinner tonight let alone how to spend $500.
I am not a god decision maker lol
A hunch... When they changed the crib standards I called about pack n plays and was told they haven't heard anything about that yet. But they also were pretty clueless about the crib regs...
I don't know what in going to do- if I get one I'm sure they won't change anything and if I don't they for sure will!
It takes me forever to decide but I sure do like spending $ that isn't mine!!
Familycare71 05:30 AM 08-16-2013
Hope this worked!!
Look what I found!!
Attached: play_yard_safety.pdf (262.1 KB) 
Tags:grants, grants - ny
Reply Up