Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>New Member
Vanessa_in_Babyland 07:49 AM 06-09-2014
Hello there,
I'm also new here and totally overwhelmed, but I'll try to post more as I go so I can get use to it....nice to meet ya!
Michael 11:18 AM 06-09-2014
We one to the forum
Blackcat31 11:20 AM 06-09-2014
Welcome to the forum!

If you need anything, feel free to let me know
Vanessa_in_Babyland 01:54 PM 06-19-2014
Thanks, I'm still trying to understand the differences between being a nanny and watching 3 kids and being a in home daycare and watching 3 kids. I want to get my business license so we can start deducting our cost on things we spend for the kids but if it's just me and 2 little ones, I'm thinking I may just stay private and have fun that way. I have read through the licensed vs. unlicensed threads and I understand if you have a lot of kids but if its less than 4 and you are home and the parents want more of a nanny feel then why get licensed? My parents love that it's a very homey feel, my daughter is the same age as their children and it's more like a playdate. I even find the families through Care.com and they love my profile. So, I'm moving and hope to do this full time and remain compliant but not sure why I would want to get licensed if the families are so happy as things are. Thoughts??
Blackcat31 01:59 PM 06-19-2014
Originally Posted by Vanessa_in_Babyland:
Thanks, I'm still trying to understand the differences between being a nanny and watching 3 kids and being a in home daycare and watching 3 kids. I want to get my business license so we can start deducting our cost on things we spend for the kids but if it's just me and 2 little ones, I'm thinking I may just stay private and have fun that way. I have read through the licensed vs. unlicensed threads and I understand if you have a lot of kids but if its less than 4 and you are home and the parents want more of a nanny feel then why get licensed? My parents love that it's a very homey feel, my daughter is the same age as their children and it's more like a playdate. I even find the families through Care.com and they love my profile. So, I'm moving and hope to do this full time and remain compliant but not sure why I would want to get licensed if the families are so happy as things are. Thoughts??
You do NOT need a license in order to deduct supplies and expenses.

If you bring in any income from watching kids (1 or 100) you are entitled to claim expenses.
NightOwl 02:16 PM 06-19-2014
Welcome home! This is how I feel when I come here!
Jennie M. Martin 04:26 AM 07-17-2014
Feel relax and comfortable to ask or give suggestion.
AmyKidsCo 12:48 PM 07-17-2014
Welcome! Don't be afraid to ask questions, everyone here is friendly and helpful.
Second Home 09:50 AM 07-18-2014
Welcome .
Tags:deduction, unlicensed, virginia member
Reply Up