Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Contract For You To Read...
Abigail 02:45 PM 01-02-2011
This is my contract that I plan to use when I open my daycare after we move into a house. Printed on two sides, it's 4 pages which is two sheets of paper stapled together. I have everything indented underneath each of the four numbers in a word document. The heading titles under each of the four categories are all bolded in the contract to easily find information. I have also temporarily bolded the information that would change according to each family. I do have a handbook that I'm working on also and some things you will not see in my contract because I don't offer them. Examples: I do not offer half day rates or hourly rates and I do not offer drop in care or sibling discounts. I do not offer care for school age children so I don't have rates for snow days/summers, etc. Some of these factors may change in time, but I'm keeping it simple for now. This contract is set up for divorced parents, so I would only have one space if the parents are married/live together to save on space and just have two employer spots.

[Daycare Name Here] Contract

1. Names of the Parties to the Contract

Provider: [My Full Name]
[My Address]
[My City, State, Zip]
Cell: [My business phone]
E-mail: [My business email]

Parent/Guardian Name:
Address:
Home Phone:
Cell Phone:
Work Phone:
E-Mail:
Name & Address of Employer:

Parent/Guardian Name:
Address:
Home Phone:
Cell Phone:
Work Phone:
E-Mail:
Name & Address of Employer:

Name of Child:
Date of Birth:

2. Hours of Operation

The first day of care will be January 17, 2011. Your hours will be from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday.

3. Terms of Payment

Tuition & Payment Due Date
The child care fee will be $125.00 per week. You will pay for child care one week in advance. Fees are due on Friday each week for the next week of care. If this day is a holiday, payment is expected on the previous day. If you go away on vacation, payment is due BEFORE you leave. If it is my planned day(s) off, your payment is expected BEFORE I leave. In cases of illness, your payment is still expected unless other arrangements have been previously made. If I close due to my own illness or emergency, payment will be expected at drop-off on your child’s first day back. Payments may be made by cash or check and should be made out to [My Full Name Here]. Checks must be dated for the day they are due. Post-dated checks WILL NOT be accepted.

Rate Increases
The child care fee may increase due to……………………………………….and you will be given a minimum 30 days notice.

Late Payments and Insufficient Funds
You will pay a fee of $10 if you fail to make a payment on the scheduled day. If payment is not received by drop-off time on Monday, childcare will not be provided until payment and any applicable late fees are paid in full. You will be liable for any and all costs of collection with regard to delinquent tuition fees. Repeated late payments may be grounds for immediate TERMINATION. The fee for an insufficient funds check is $10 plus any bank charges to my account. After one NSF check, you will pay the remainder of the calendar year in cash.

Early Drop-off and Late Pickup
You will be charged $1 per minute (after ten minutes) if you drop off earlier than scheduled or pickup later than scheduled. There will be no additional charges ten minutes before or after your contracted hours.

If you notify me of an acceptable early drop-off the night before, there will be no early drop-off fee. If you notify me of an acceptable late pickup at least one hour before the scheduled pickup time, there will be no late pickup fee. However, I may start charging additional fees for these occasional schedule changes if you overuse these privileges.

Holidays
My child care program will be closed on the following holidays each year:

• New Year’s Day
• Presidents’ Day
• Martin Luther King Day
• Black Friday (Easter weekend)
• Memorial Day
• Independence Day
• Labor Day
• Thanksgiving Day and the day after
• Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

You will pay the regular rate for these holidays. When a holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, I will be closed the equal amount of time prior or after the holiday.

Provider Absences
I will take 10 vacation days (two weeks) each calendar year. You will pay the normal rate for these vacation days. I will give you 14 days written notice when I plan to take my vacation so that you can locate backup care.

In the event of an emergency, I may need to close my business to take a personal day. You will not be charged for that day. This may include sick leave, funeral leave, or anything that may arise. I will try my best to notify you in advance when possible.

Client Vacations
You may take up to 5 vacation days each calendar year and do not need to pay for childcare services on those days. You must give me 4 weeks’ notice of the dates of your vacation. vacation days overlap provider days????????????????????

Child Illnesses & Absences
You do not have to pay when your child is unable to come to care because of an illness or absence (up to 5 days per contracted year). However, you must notify me in advance before your contracted start time if your child will not be coming to childcare. If you don’t provide that advance notice, you will pay for the missed day(s) of care, regardless of any other terms in this contract.

Holding Fee
I agree to hold an opening in my program for up to 4 weeks immediately prior to enrollment. In return, you agree to pay half my regular fee during the holding period. The fee to hold the opening will be due upon signing this contract. This fee cannot be applied to the cost of care after your child is enrolled. This fee is non-refundable if you choose not to enroll your child in my program. You must contact me 2 weeks before the end of the holding period to confirm that your child will begin child care as scheduled.

Field Trip Fees
There will be an extra fee for various field trips. I will notify you of the fee for each trip at least 1 week in advance.

Other Fees
Normal wear and tear in child care is expected. However, anything your child willfully destroys or damages, you will be responsible for paying to replace or repair the item.

4. Termination

Trial Period
The first 2 weeks in my program is an adjustment or trial period. During this time, either the parent(s) or provider may terminate this contract immediately without written notice.

Termination after the Trial Period
After the two-week trial period has been completed, you must give me a two-week written notice if you wish to terminate this contract. I may terminate the contract at will without giving any notice.

Advance Payment for Last Two Weeks of Care
You will pay a $250.00 deposit that will cover your last two weeks of care, even if my rates are higher at that time. This fee will be due upon signing this contract.

5. Signatures of the Parties

By signing this contract, you acknowledge that you have read my policies and agree to follow them. I may amend my policies at any time by giving you a copy of the new policies at least 2 weeks before they go into effect.

If I choose not to enforce one or more of the terms in this contract that does not waive my right to enforce any of the other terms in this contract.

______________________________ ____________________
Parent/Guardian Signature Date of Signature

Parent/Guardian Signature Date of Signature

Provider’s Signature Date of Signature
PrincessMommy 05:21 PM 01-02-2011
thank you
Abigail 05:44 PM 01-02-2011
I spent the last hour with my friend reading over it again and making some minor changes.

I still need:
1. To add under late fees how many days late it's allowed or else they forfeit their spot. I obviously will not provide care unless I'm paid, but if they don't come to care for a few days does that mean that they are not coming back or avoiding a week's pay?

2. I need to clarify that I get two weeks paid vacation regardless if they take a vacation at the same time. This means that if they are on vacation during my paid vacation days that I still get paid. How do I put that and where to I put it?

3. I want to give a list of reasons on why childcare costs may increase and how often they may increase under the Rate Increases category. I don't want a rate increase to come as a shock to any parent so I want to make it clear that it may or will happen.
legomom922 06:57 PM 01-02-2011
I havent had time to read it yet, but are you aware you are calling Good Friday "Black Friday"? Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving...I didnt know if you meant to write that or not?? If so, my apologies..
Abigail 07:04 PM 01-02-2011
Originally Posted by legomom922:
I havent had time to read it yet, but are you aware you are calling Good Friday "Black Friday"? Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving...I didnt know if you meant to write that or not?? If so, my apologies..
My neighbor (who is extremely involved in church, I'm not so I'm not familiar with the terms) is the one who said it's actually called Black Friday. I always call the friday after Thanksgiving black friday because I shop shop shop! I've never heard of the Friday prior to Easter called Black Friday, but I'm tempted to remove it anyways because we wouldn't do anything special or leave town over Easter.
misol 07:33 PM 01-02-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
My neighbor (who is extremely involved in church, I'm not so I'm not familiar with the terms) is the one who said it's actually called Black Friday. I always call the friday after Thanksgiving black friday because I shop shop shop! I've never heard of the Friday prior to Easter called Black Friday, but I'm tempted to remove it anyways because we wouldn't do anything special or leave town over Easter.
Good Friday is the Friday before Easter. Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving.
misol 08:02 PM 01-02-2011
Originally Posted by :
Rate Increases
The child care fee may increase due to……………………………………….and you will be given a minimum 30 days notice.

I wouldn't give a specific reason. Mine says "...rates will be reviewed periodically and may be adjusted to reflect increases in operating costs." You will receive 30 days written notice of any rate increase.

Originally Posted by :
Early Drop-off and Late Pickup
You will be charged $1 per minute (after ten minutes) if you drop off earlier than scheduled or pickup later than scheduled. There will be no additional charges ten minutes before or after your contracted hours.

If you notify me of an acceptable early drop-off the night before, there will be no early drop-off fee. If you notify me of an acceptable late pickup at least one hour before the scheduled pickup time, there will be no late pickup fee. However, I may start charging additional fees for these occasional schedule changes if you overuse these privileges.

I would take all of this out. I had to remove the grace period from my contract for 2011. I didn't listen to advice on this board and had to learn the hard way that the grace period usually becomes their regular time I would suggest simply saying: Unless prior arrangements have been made, you will be charged $1 per minute if you drop off earlier than scheduled or pickup later than scheduled. Then you can just use your discretion on a case by casae basis if you like.
Abigail 09:14 PM 01-02-2011
Originally Posted by misol:

I wouldn't give a specific reason. Mine says "...rates will be reviewed periodically and may be adjusted to reflect increases in operating costs." You will receive 30 days written notice of any rate increase.

I would suggest simply saying: Unless prior arrangements have been made, you will be charged $1 per minute if you drop off earlier than scheduled or pickup later than scheduled. Then you can just use your discretion on a case by casae basis if you like.
I really like what you said about rate increases without listing a bunch. I will change that. I also like avoiding all the ten minute rule and just have it on a case by case basis to avoid working the additional time. When do you start charging for late fees then if you don't have it specifically written down? Do you state "Unless prior arrangements have been made and agreed upon,....." so they understand they can't just call and tell me they will be an hour late or early.
misol 07:59 AM 01-03-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
I really like what you said about rate increases without listing a bunch. I will change that. I also like avoiding all the ten minute rule and just have it on a case by case basis to avoid working the additional time. When do you start charging for late fees then if you don't have it specifically written down? Do you state "Unless prior arrangements have been made and agreed upon,....." so they understand they can't just call and tell me they will be an hour late or early.
I will now be charging late fees the first minute they are late.

Here is what mine says now:

Late Pick-up
It is imperative that you are punctual in picking up your child. I have appointments and activities scheduled immediately after hours and it is a real inconvenience when you do not arrive on time. Unless prior arrangements have been made, you will be assessed a late pick-up fee if your child is picked up after your contracted time. There is no grace period. The late pick-up fee is $1.00 per minute per child and is due at the time you pick-up. Under no circumstances does late drop-off constitute late pick-up. Please be courteous and arrive on time. Continued late pick-up will result in termination of childcare services.

Abigail 10:06 AM 01-03-2011
I am trying to find the post from earlier that said how to word it that parents can't take their unpaid vacation at the same time you take a paid vacation so you still get paid. Can anyone help?

I changed the wording so far underneath PROVIDER ABSENSES so it covers 5 paid vacation days for me, 5 unpaid personal days for me, and potential unpaid emergency closings....I'm not sure how to word the emergency closings because I would pro-rate the daily rate (if I got sick during the day and couldn't use my backup then I would discount that day and not charge for the next day if I was sick). How do I word that. In my handbook it says that I will try my best to find a substitute if I am sick and if not, I will let the parents know as soon as possible.

Lastly, do you have anything about paid training? I'm thinking about adding that since I cut my paid vacation days down to a week.
Tags:contract
Reply Up