Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Positive Thoughts Please
MsMe 08:31 AM 05-22-2012
Hi ladies,

I havn't been around much the last month. Things are rough and stressfull regarding daycare right now and I just don' have the energy to be as chatty as I normaly am. My own personal life is going amazing, but it feels like there is a wet blanket thrown over it by my parents marital problems.

Most of you know that my Mother is my partner and she is difficult to work with in the best of times, so things are really bad now...and it looks like it is only going to get worse.

I feel really lost bc I can't *solve* these problems. I DO NOT allow problems in my life to last long. I don't rest untill a solution is found and I am happy again.....but this I have no control over and it is eating me alive!!!

I hate to air my dirty laundry here, but I have spent a lot of time here and feel a connection to most of you. I need any spare possitive thoughts you ladies may have. Please send some good vibes my way.
Blackcat31 08:33 AM 05-22-2012
positive thoughts and good wishes are on the way!

Hang in there...I know the work situation with your mom has been stressful so ((((hugs))))

Hoping things get better for you two.....
My3cents 08:57 AM 05-22-2012
Originally Posted by MsMe:
Hi ladies,

I havn't been around much the last month. Things are rough and stressfull regarding daycare right now and I just don' have the energy to be as chatty as I normaly am. My own personal life is going amazing, but it feels like there is a wet blanket thrown over it by my parents marital problems.

Most of you know that my Mother is my partner and she is difficult to work with in the best of times, so things are really bad now...and it looks like it is only going to get worse.

I feel really lost bc I can't *solve* these problems. I DO NOT allow problems in my life to last long. I don't rest untill a solution is found and I am happy again.....but this I have no control over and it is eating me alive!!!

I hate to air my dirty laundry here, but I have spent a lot of time here and feel a connection to most of you. I need any spare possitive thoughts you ladies may have. Please send some good vibes my way.
What is up? Refresh me on what is up- what problems can't be solved? Maybe they can be lightened a little.

Thoughts and prayers to you-
MsMe 09:02 AM 05-22-2012
Originally Posted by My3cents:
What is up? Refresh me on what is up- what problems can't be solved? Maybe they can be lightened a little.

Thoughts and prayers to you-
I can't solve my parent's problems, it directly effects me more than most people whos parents are on the verge of divorce bc I work 50/50 with my Mother and she is not 'able' to do her 50%.

Plus my father doesn't good enough care of himself to be trusted to live alone and my mother will have a hard time supporting herself alone. Plus I have two younger brothers still at home to worry about how a seperation will effct them
B Lou 09:16 AM 05-22-2012
My thoughts and prayers are with you. I will pray that you will be able to come up with a solution to help you out.
beachgrl 09:22 AM 05-22-2012
That is rough, sorry you are going through such a hard time with all that to manage. Positive thoughts and prayers going your way for things to resolve themsleves. Have you suggested counseling to mom as a way to help her handle what is going on? It worked miracles for me and what I went through during my separation, really helped to have an impartial party put the focus on what should be and on where I was heading...I needed that to make it through and was so glad to have it at the time.
Unregistered 09:44 AM 05-22-2012
I can't solve my parents problems, it directly effects me more than most people whos parents are on the verge of divorce bc I work 50/50 with my Mother and she is not 'able' to do her 50%.

Plus my father doesn't good enough care of himself to be trusted to live alone and my mother will have a hard time supporting herself alone. Plus I have two younger brothers still at home to worry about how a seperation will effct them
It is hard when it is family. Make up a list of responsibilities for both you and your mom. Hold her accountable to doing her share or cut the binds as far as working relationship. It is ok to grow up. It is ok to have your own life. You can help her in other ways or your siblings can step up to the plate and help out too. IF all falls to pot so to speak- its not your fault. Better to be doing it on your own then having the weight of being one person and taking care of the whole family that is not doing their share. Sounds like you have to have a serious sit down and lay it all out on the table. They don't have to like your feelings but you are entitled to be happy. Best-

For the record, I am not saying to blow your family off and be selfish. I am saying to take care of you and your needs, your families needs and be mindful of everyone else with out taking it all on.

Not knowing but guessing- to me it sounds like a lot of mind games are being played on you. Guilty mind games.
mema 11:21 AM 05-22-2012
Positive thoughts coming at ya! Hope it gets better soon.

((HUGS))

Hang in there....we are here if ya need!
MsMe 05:54 AM 05-23-2012
Thank you ladies.

I forgott o post that not long after Blackcat reponded I got a call for daycare! --my work stress is that in one/two weeks I will have 6 of my 8 spots open . My newpaper add came out last night and I hope that does the trick.

I have never not been full with a waiting list...but I stopped even writing the names down about two years ago. I have not had a spot open for over 4 years. all my babies are going off to school in the Fall and I have teachers kids taking the summer off. The budget has been getting super tight (ie I havent paid myself a dime more than living expenses in over a month)

My boy friend got me out of the house last night and we went in a two town loop for dinner, ice cream, a stop at the lake, and (my favorite) a stop at my garden that he helped water (community garden not at my house)

Keep the good thoughts coming!!! I feel them working
My3cents 06:36 AM 05-23-2012
Thank you ladies.

I forgott o post that not long after Blackcat reponded I got a call for daycare! --my work stress is that in one/two weeks I will have 6 of my 8 spots open . My newpaper add came out last night and I hope that does the trick.

I have never not been full with a waiting list...but I stopped even writing the names down about two years ago. I have not had a spot open for over 4 years. all my babies are going off to school in the Fall and I have teachers kids taking the summer off. The budget has been getting super tight (ie I havent paid myself a dime more than living expenses in over a month)

My boy friend got me out of the house last night and we went in a two town loop for dinner, ice cream, a stop at the lake, and (my favorite) a stop at my garden that he helped water (community garden not at my house)

Where are you from?

Teachers kids should be paying a portion over the summer to hold their spot. You need to be dependable upon an income. They get paid for the summer.

Contract, handbook- policies
Blackcat31 07:28 AM 05-23-2012
Thank you ladies.

Keeping you in my thoughts and wishing you TONS of interested phone calls for daycare spots!!!!

Tags:divorced parents, support
Reply Up