Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm Fuming Mad
pootmcgoot 04:11 PM 06-21-2012
I told Dcd that dcb cried most of the day and if incOnsolable hours of crying happens again that they'd have to pick up. And that I can't continue care if this keeps happening. His response?..."ok, can I get a bottle since I'm working late?"

Totally blew me off. I'm a nervous wreck from the screaming. My husband came home an hour and a half early, was here 30 minutes then went outside because the crying bothered him so much. Frick.
Provider_Manda 04:19 PM 06-21-2012
I know how you feel. I have a dcb who also cries pretty much non stop..to the point by the end of the day my nerves are shot, and parents even ask if Im sick.
My husband also does the same thing. I really have no advice, because I continue to put up with it. But just stick to your word. Is mom around ? If so I would talk to her about it. Sometimes dad's just let words go in one ear and out the other :\

Good luck hun, I know it gets rough !
MizzCheryl 06:31 PM 06-21-2012
How old is he?
cheerfuldom 06:40 PM 06-21-2012
yeah that is really hard. I can do anything as far as taking care of kids except the constant screaming, way too stressful! Its sad that DCD didnt care enough to even discuss it.
Lyss 09:51 PM 06-21-2012
Originally Posted by pootmcgoot:
My husband came home an hour and a half early, was here 30 minutes then went outside because the crying bothered him so much.
On days my husband has off or gets home early he hides in his shop. I'm starting to suspect he likes the screamer because he gets way more shop time!

Does DCM drop off or pick up at any point? With my screamer DCD is the same way, "hmm, well thats just my cue (the crying) to hand her to mom so i don't know about that. That sucks for you" ... really DCD? DCM on the other hand was way better to talk to as she wanted to work together to figure it out.
Kaddidle Care 04:25 AM 06-22-2012
I'm seeing a lot of posts about these children that scream all day. That would drive me NUTS!

We've had children that cried all day when they first started with us but they get use to us and stop. We had one boy that cried straight for 2 weeks. I thought we were going to have to term him but suddenly he was fine.

I'm just wondering how many of these screamers are out there and how long do you put up with it?
DBug 04:51 AM 06-22-2012
I had a screamer when I first started. She started at 11 mo. Silly me, I thought it was me, or separation anxiety or something. Nope, she was just a screamer. It continued until I termed for something else ... when she was 3 years old!

Now I know better -- if I ever get another screamer, it's not worth the money (and my sanity) to keep working with them.
Kaddidle Care 05:32 AM 06-22-2012
I'm just wondering if these "screamers" are the former "rage babies" that Nannyde used to talk about.
Heidi 06:11 AM 06-22-2012
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
I'm just wondering if these "screamers" are the former "rage babies" that Nannyde used to talk about.
I'm pretty sure mine (7mo) might be that "rage baby", I'll have to look into what Nan had to say about it.

I would have termed week 2, but mom is trying SO hard to figure out why he's struggling, and she will have no dc and no job if I do. She's a single mom of 2 trying to get "off the system" by going to school online and working pt. SHe's even living with her parents to get through school.

I know, we can't save the world, but it seems like a situation where someone is really trying and now another road block...

My dh just hides in the downstairs family room and watches NFL network...
cheerfuldom 06:16 AM 06-22-2012
The screamers I have had were mostly "rage babies".....kids that were hugely spoiled at home in every way and absolutely did not want to give in for anything. I had one parent tell me not to tell their daughter "no" in word or deed....no surprise she was a rage baby.

The other two criers I had were kids with special needs.

There IS something wrong when a kid cries that long, all day, every day.
pootmcgoot 07:03 AM 06-22-2012
I deal with mom at pick up and dad at drop off. Their schedule has been whacked lately and theyve dropped off at 8 am three days this week (thank you baby jesus!)

He's 6 months or so. January baby.

Husband turned off my alarm today since drop off wasnt til 8 and I woke up to mom at my door ringing the door bell. Oops! Sucks to be inconvenienced eh?! I feel bad but sort of feel like I'm allowed to oops every now and then and at least I was home!
pootmcgoot 07:06 AM 06-22-2012
wonder why my new avatar isn't showing?

NVM. figured it out. Duh!
Kiki 07:14 AM 06-22-2012
Originally Posted by pootmcgoot:
wonder why my new avatar isn't showing?

NVM. figured it out. Duh!
I don't know if I should laugh or cry.
Tags:crying - all day
Reply Up