Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>...But That Is WHY I Want Her In Daycare!!!!
Cat Herder 10:37 AM 12-31-2010
I got an unusual request (at least to me) this morning. A woman calls asking about available slots. I explain that I won't have any for a minimum of 3.5 years, barring anything unforeseen, and offer to place her on my waiting list. I then politely thank her for her interest and wish her a Happy New Year.

As I am about to hang up she asks if she can pay cash "under the table" since she only needs care for 5 months. She then explains she needs that time so I can potty train her daughter before school starts in the fall.

I explained to her that even if I did have a slot that is not something I could do. I explained it is illegal for me to take her out of ratio and could cost me everything I have worked for. I also told her that potty training was a parental responsibility and I only assist here.

Her response was "but that is WHY I want her in daycare to begin with." and then hung up. Anyone else getting calls like these? Too weird for words!!!
Luna 11:31 AM 12-31-2010
Just when you think you've heard everything...

Cat Herder 12:05 PM 12-31-2010
Dh thinks someone in our area must be doing "cash under the table" and Licensing is calling around....

Maybe I got "punked"? Where's Ashton????
alyssyn 01:26 PM 12-31-2010
Lol, maybe she was a first time mom. Boy! Does she have alot to learn.
Tags:parent - its a verb, parental responsibility, potty trained - not, slot, spot availability, spots
Reply Up