Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I know You're Sick of Hearing About it
Breezy 05:50 PM 06-10-2012
And I know I should have termed months ago but I have been waiting to fill the spot. I am hopeful the new family I interviewed with will enroll because....

Today has been HELL. The moment I put her down on the floor today she started screaming. The MOMENT. That was 9:00 this morning. It is now 5:45 and she has not stopped unless I have picked her up or for the hour she has slept.

My DH has gone outside to scream. I have gone outside to scream. It is constant. I want to write her parents an email about it all but I feel like if I do it will seem like its out of left field since I have never said much about it bluntly. Just nicely stated that she cried most of the day. Whenever I put her down, etc. Mom will say "No more bathroom breaks for you then"

It could be like a 6 month childcare review on how things are going? But maybe they could give me some insight into WHY she screams all day.

Wwyd? I will be terming soon regardless so would you even bother?
KBCsMommy 06:36 PM 06-10-2012
First of all, I am so sorry you are going through this.

At the begining of the year I termed a child EXACTLY like this. I knew it was bad because the mom went on Christmas vacation for 2 weeks, and all of my kids and the daycare kids were angels while this particular screamer was gone. The stress level at my house went from 100% to 0% stress. All because of one child.

The day the screamer came back, my daycare kids and my family were going crazy because the screaming continued and was 10 times worse.

I termed at the end of the week.....It was the best thing I ever did.

Luckily I filled the spot quickly.

If I was you, I would term the child. It is not fair to the child to be so stressed, it seems obvious the child needs to be with a nanny or family member who can give the child 100% of their undivided attention. It is not fair to YOUR husband to have to go outside and scream because of someone elses unhappy child. Furthermore you need to not be stressed taking care of a child like this.

The child's parents don't care about the screaming because it doesn't affect them while they are at work. I garantee they will do nothing and will not work with you. I only say this because the mom of my screamer would make the exact same comments to me, "Looks like no lunch today!" ..." Sounds like your going to have to hold baby while he sleeps!"... " No break today, well at least you know baby gets picked up at the end of the day!"

Sometimes we have to bite the bullet, and do whats best for sanity and not our pocketbook!!

Good Luck with everything!!
Breezy 06:47 PM 06-10-2012
My thoughts were confirmed at pick up. I told Dcd that DCG had a tough day crying whenever she was put down and he said yup I keep telling dcm that she needs to stop holding her every little noise she makes. I told him how hard it is in group care for her to be spoiled that way. He has other children so he knows a thing or two. Hopefully he will have a chat with her.
cheerfuldom 07:05 AM 06-11-2012
If she is crying and you have to keep her, I would do pnp in a room by herself and just let her cry. If she is going to cry either way, it would be better for you and the other kids to get a little distance from it for your sanity. But this isnt a long term option because this is a part timer (right?) and she is never going to have the consistency necessary to break the habit.
Breezy 07:11 AM 06-11-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
If she is crying and you have to keep her, I would do pnp in a room by herself and just let her cry. If she is going to cry either way, it would be better for you and the other kids to get a little distance from it for your sanity. But this isnt a long term option because this is a part timer (right?) and she is never going to have the consistency necessary to break the habit.
Yep and she was much better when her mom had inventory month and she had to come pretty much every day. She played nice and didnt cry as much. But now she cries constantly because shes used to being with mom 5 days a week and me 2.

Mom handed her to me this morning and I put her down on the floor and the crying started immediately. I will be terming very very soon. With this move coming up I dont need anymore stressers
Tags:crying - all day, holding - too long
Reply Up