Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Charging To Hold A Spot For Summer
Mom2Two 02:11 PM 04-03-2017
So one of my moms has changed her schedule four times in the past year. The changes have mostly been understandable: new responsibilities at work...grandma not being consistent on which day she wanted to watch grandkids...trying to work out care for dcb who is starting K in Fall.

But I'm a bit maxed out with the changes and I was thinking to go weekly with this family to cover the fact that they have not been coming consistently on Thursdays, but I have three families who want the two Thursday spots I have available in Fall.

But then today dcb says "I won't be coming here in the Summer." What??? I text mom and ask if she knows what days she wants in the Summer, and she tells me that she is doing nanny-share for the Summer, but would like to be here in the Fall.

Well with all the changes, I don't feel like I can take her word for it, and I feel like I need to protect myself. I immediately texted mom back and asked if she was willing to pay to hold the spot open for Fall, and she said she understood and asked how much.

So I need to think of how to cover myself for possible Fall no-show and also to cover myself now for the flaky Thursday thing. And what to tell the other two families? I was leaning towards giving this family one of my Thursday spots, but now I don't know.

I'm thinking to go weekly now (like NOW) and to ask for at least one month non-refundable deposit for Fall. What do you all think?
Tags:enforcing policies, enforcing policies - consistency, holding a spot, holding space, holding spot - fee, holding spot policy, holding spots
Up