Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Opening A Home Daycare but need help!
Unregistered 05:33 PM 09-06-2017
For those of you with infants at your care setting do you have an "infant room" specifically for the babies only? Like a bedroom of some sort?
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 05:49 PM 09-06-2017
In my setup I have one big playroom with a divider that splits it in two. One side is setup to be safe for infants crawling and up. The other side is where the older kids can play with small items, or play away from the super littles. The gate can be fixed so the the older ones (3&4) can work it or if I need to set lock it I can. The older ones float back amd forth throughout the day alot. I do have an extra adjacent room with video monitors for infants to nap. Right now my youngest is 4 months and oldest is 4... one big divided room has worked well so far. (Still a newby myself with a little less than 2 years in)
storybookending 07:18 PM 09-06-2017
Interested in this set up with you have a picture to share^. I don't think my current playroom is large enough for anything like you explain but could maybe work something out in the basement playroom.
HappyEverAfter 08:06 PM 09-06-2017
I currently have a 3mth, 4mth and a one year old. My official daycare room is set up on one side as play area with toys and books and so forth and then on the other side of the room I have a rocking chair, a baby swing and two pack n plays. My third pack n play, which the one year old naps in, is kept in a separate bedroom so that she can have totally uninterrupted naps. Currently there is no divider between the sleep area and the play area but I could see the value in it and wouldn't be surprised if I add one eventually just to help keep the mobile kids separate from the immobile infants. The infants seem to do okay napping in the same room as the playroom but I do occasionally take the one year old out to the living room to play if the infants seem to be bothered by her noise while they're going to sleep.
Michael 08:57 PM 09-06-2017
Here's another thread in infant rooms: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81300
Blackcat31 06:36 AM 09-07-2017
I do... I own a separate house for child care so I use 100% of the house for daycare purposes and that provides me with the ability to separate developmental ages...

I have one room where mobile babies and toddlers hang out. Really young infants that are non-mobile never leave my side and aren't integrated into the infant/toddler room until they have begun to crawl proficiently.

I have another room for large group activities and another bedroom for my preschoolers.

We also have the kitchen/dining room for meals, snacks and arts and crafts.
Tags:infant room
Reply Up