Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nap Mats
juliebug 09:48 AM 02-18-2011
Well i really need to get a new pack n play and some easy yet store-able nap mats/cots.

I only need 2 or 3 cot as i only take a max of 4 children.

i found these:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Baby-Boom-...p-Mat/15127155

but the reviews aren't the best. i have seen the the blue cot that are long but i'm not sure about how i can store them.

so what do you use??? what do you recommend.
Danielle 09:58 AM 02-18-2011
I made my own. What I did was buy foam mattress pads. I cut them down to twice the size of a nap mat, folded them in half and covered them with a crib sheet. Currently only one has a mattress protector on it. That will be my daughter's as she just became potty trained and may have accidents. I'm going to get protectors for the rest. The middle of the bottom is not covered. The foam that is in contact with the hard wood floor helps with sliding. They are pretty comfortable too! And they fit well in the hall closet. Total cost-$10 each.

Here's a picture...

Crystal 11:29 AM 02-18-2011
http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/...&Brand=&Price=

These are good mats and they fold up nicely, taking up very little space.
WImom 11:32 AM 02-18-2011
The mats Crystal posted are the ones I currently use. They work great. I use crib sheets on them.
DCMomOf3 11:37 AM 02-18-2011
I have the ones Crystal posted as well.
littlemissmuffet 12:24 PM 02-18-2011
Originally Posted by DCMomOf3:
I have the ones Crystal posted as well.
Me too!
Super easy to use and store!
SilverSabre25 01:01 PM 02-18-2011
OOooo I'm tempted by the ones Crystal posted 'cause they're on sale atm! I need four or five of them...although These are tempting too...four of them for about the same price as five of the other mats...
Unregistered 01:04 PM 02-18-2011
I use a similar mat, they foldup and take very little space. matsmatsmats.com is where I got mine. (there the 3 fold ones)
Unregistered 01:14 PM 02-18-2011
http://www.kinderkidzstuff.com/index...id/0/id/346957

I have these and the store easy and are 2" thick. That is what Oklahoma requires.
ammama 02:27 PM 02-18-2011
I can't believe how cheap mats are in the US! Most of those places don't ship to Canada, and if they do, they ding you at customs. Where does everyone in Canada get their mats, for a decent price? It is so hard spending $45 for a regular nap mat!
juliebug 04:37 PM 02-18-2011
Thanks so much everyone! i will look in to all that
Abigail 10:44 PM 02-18-2011
Originally Posted by ammama:
I can't believe how cheap mats are in the US! Most of those places don't ship to Canada, and if they do, they ding you at customs. Where does everyone in Canada get their mats, for a decent price? It is so hard spending $45 for a regular nap mat!
Do you have a walmart? During back to school time Walmart (Target and KMart I think do too...) carry a one and two inch mat.
littlemissmuffet 12:23 PM 02-19-2011
Originally Posted by ammama:
I am in Canada. I had Teacher/Daycare supply store in my city order them in for me to their store. Paid upfront and then they delivered them to my door when they arrived. I paid $143.00 for five 2"x24"x48" mats, including shipping... so it averaged to be about $29 per mat. I didn't think that was a bad deal.
Tags:mats, naps
Reply Up