Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Emergency Action Plan
ddaycare 02:59 PM 11-23-2015
I'm in CA, and I'm having trouble filling out the emergency action plan form, specifically choosing relocation sites. What kind of sites do you have as part of your plan? I don't know any of my neighbors well enough (to list them), and there aren't any businesses within walking distance. I don't want to put down a home/business that I wouldn't be able to get to on foot should anything happen, because I don't have room in my car.
Thriftylady 03:01 PM 11-23-2015
A fire or police station? A hospital or nursing home? A public library?
ddaycare 03:18 PM 11-23-2015
None of them are walking distance. There is a park, but I'm not getting any clear answers from the city regarding what kind of permission, if any, I would need.
Thriftylady 06:07 PM 11-23-2015
Originally Posted by ddaycare:
None of them are walking distance. There is a park, but I'm not getting any clear answers from the city regarding what kind of permission, if any, I would need.
Permission to go to a park? I could be wrong but I wouldn't think you would need any. It is after all a public place. Is their public transit in your area you could use to get to a place? I know it isn't ideal, but in an emergency you just gotta do things sometimes.
Play Care 03:10 AM 11-24-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Permission to go to a park? I could be wrong but I wouldn't think you would need any. It is after all a public place. Is their public transit in your area you could use to get to a place? I know it isn't ideal, but in an emergency you just gotta do things sometimes.

I specifically chose public places to use because they can't tell us we can't I also wanted access to bathrooms and running water so I chose my spots based on that. My main spot is our local library - heat, hot water, bathrooms, and free entertainment while we wait.
Could you get a large wagon or stroller that you could use to walk the kids to a meeting spot? Keep a spare emergency bag in it at all time and ready to go.
Also, my licensing rep told me that in an emergency situation where you need to evac, and perhaps they are not letting parents in the area, it's not safe to walk or you don't have time to walk (wildfires, maybe?) you do what you have to do to get the kids out. Now, she didn't come out and say "it's okay that you might not have car seats for everyone" but frankly, if we were ordered out because of an unsafe situation and parents couldn't get to us, then I would do what I had to do.
Tags:application, emergency evacuation, license, relocation site
Reply Up