Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Could You All Kindly
hoopinglady 05:55 AM 11-17-2011
stop being so interesting??

I have things to do today!

beachgrl 06:11 AM 11-17-2011
Originally Posted by hoopinglady:
stop being so interesting??

I have things to do today!

Ha, I know right? This forum is a bit of an addiction lol!
dave4him 06:23 AM 11-17-2011
Nap times are for internet time
hoopinglady 06:39 AM 11-17-2011
Originally Posted by dave4him:
It is? Says who? Did I miss the memo? I've been doing it all wrong this whole time. Darn it.
Cat Herder 06:47 AM 11-17-2011
Nah , internet time is for "casually supervising" dramatic play, free play, manipulative's and crafts so they will play imaginatively/creatively.

If they see me looking DIRECTLY at them, they stop for direction from me... They have such better ideas than I do. I LOVE the games and stories they come up with on their own.

I am a foot or two away from them (at my desk), in the playroom, but they are ignoring me until they need my help or redirection...

IMHO, All is as it should be.
hoopinglady 06:50 AM 11-17-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Nah , internet time is for "casually supervising" dramatic play, free play, manipulative's and crafts so they will play imaginatively/creatively.

If they see me looking DIRECTLY at them, they stop for direction from me... They have such better ideas than I do. I LOVE the games and stories they come up with on their own.

I am a foot or two away from them (at my desk), in the playroom, but they are ignoring me until they need my help or redirection...

exactly...just read a paper today about the "cloak of invisibility".

Always of aware of what's going on and there to assist/scaffold/encourage while staying out of their business, lol. It's an art.

http://www.allianceforchildhood.org/...ork_primer.pdf
Cat Herder 06:53 AM 11-17-2011
Originally Posted by hoopinglady:
It's an art.
That it is...

Love the article...

I was just handed a baby doll because "Her is poopy"...... Even in the world of fantasy they know I am the designated fanny wiper....
dave4him 07:10 AM 11-17-2011
If they see me looking DIRECTLY at them, they stop for direction from me... They have such better ideas than I do. :
I need to know how you do that!
Cat Herder 07:17 AM 11-17-2011
I need to know how you do that!
I bet you already do it and never realize it.

When your kid falls at the park do you run over all dramatic or do you quickly pretend to look at something else to see if they will dust themselves off and go back to playing?
Zoe 07:32 AM 11-17-2011

This exactly. I have such great dck's! They are so low-maintenance and know how to play with each other. I am right next to them at my desk. I filled out and addressed 16 birthday invitations yesterday for my daughter's bday party and only got interrupted a couple times! They don't need me to tell them what to do every second. We all prefer it that way if I let them do their thing. As long as they're behaving of course.
dave4him 10:38 AM 11-17-2011
I bet you already do it and never realize it.

When your kid falls at the park do you run over all dramatic or do you quickly pretend to look at something else to see if they will dust themselves off and go back to playing?
Yeah im a lot less paniky then my wife.... maybe its a husband thing.... its just a flesh wound walk it off!
mommiesherie 10:43 AM 11-17-2011
My Blackberry is my favorite thing in the world. I can be doing anything with the kids or cleaning and also be here. Lol
laundrymom 12:01 PM 11-17-2011

Originally Posted by mommiesherie:
My Blackberry is my favorite thing in the world. I can be doing anything with the kids or cleaning and also be here. Lol

caring4kidsinSD 12:02 PM 11-17-2011
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who does this at naptime!
SimpleMom 12:08 PM 11-17-2011
That it is...

Love the article...

I was just handed a baby doll because "Her is poopy"...... Even in the world of fantasy they know I am the designated fanny wiper....
So funny! That happened to me yesterday! Except, they were playing and one of the pre-k said she was poopy. I said so-and-so could you come here (I wasn't even talking about that one in particular--it was just time to brush teeth) and the one that was pretending was poopy comes up and sheeply says: It's just pretend I laughed so hard. I said, huh?, oh I know sweetie!! I was asking for so-and-so so she could brush her teeth!

It was soooo cute!
Tags:forum, members, nap time
Reply Up