Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How to keep those foam tiles from sliding around?
Crazy8 06:18 AM 08-22-2012
You know those interlocking foam tile mats that sometimes have the pop out letters, etc. in them??? If you have them in your daycare area, how do you keep them from sliding all over? Do you let the kids take them apart?? I have them in a little corner for my infant area. They used to go right up to the changing table and it wasn't too bad - baby would pull them apart sometimes but they didn't slide too much but I made the area a foot or so bigger so that I'm not stepping on them when I'm changing diapers and now they are always sliding and coming apart. Anything I can do to the back/bottom to keep them in place better???
Happy Hearts 09:39 AM 08-22-2012
Mine were so annoying I just packed them away. I am tempted to superglue them all together so we can use them again.
newtodaycare22 09:47 AM 08-22-2012
On tiles or carpet?
itlw8 10:04 AM 08-22-2012
turn them over and duct tape them all together and the letters in the holes.

then get a no slip carpet pad for underneath
Crazy8 10:13 AM 08-22-2012
Originally Posted by newtodaycare22:
On tiles or carpet?
they are on wood laminate flooring.

will try the rug gripper thing - I have one in the basement I'm not using that can be cut! I was kind of afraid to glue them together because if they really pull they'll end up breaking them (thinking back to my train tracks, LOL) but maybe duct tape will work! thanks!
Reply Up