Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Weather Channel
Annalee 05:17 AM 03-25-2021
Jim Cantore of the Weather channel has checked into a hotel in my little-country-area of the world for the severe weather we are expecting today. Schools are letting out at 12:15 so???
Sunshine69 05:22 AM 03-25-2021
Hoping you stay safe
Cat Herder 05:35 AM 03-25-2021
As a former native Floridian....

Plan now.

I am having to do the same.
Annalee 05:43 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
As a former native Floridian....

Plan now.

I am having to do the same.
I wondered if you were included in this southern event. Stay safe!
Cat Herder 05:59 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I wondered if you were included in this southern event. Stay safe!
When I check out weather.gov (NOAA) it does not sound quite so catastrophic. I will take down the deck umbrellas, garden flags and put away the lightweight playground toys. Seems the rest will be unnecessary.

"Scattered thunderstorms will occur at times through tonight. Any thunderstorm will be capable of cloud-to-ground lightning. Tonight, a line of thunderstorms will move in from the west, posing a risk of damaging winds and hail up to 1 inch in diameter, and a tornado cannot be entirely ruled out. High near 70. Calm wind becoming east southeast 5 to 9 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph (yawn). Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible."

Um, that is the south on any given day.
Blackcat31 06:47 AM 03-25-2021
Stay safe ladies! Weather can be so terrifying at times.
Annalee 08:58 AM 03-25-2021
The sun has come out here for a brief moment and that is something that we didn't want to see before the storms begin this evening. Didn't need that warmth to fuel these storms.
Cat Herder 11:18 AM 03-25-2021
Ok, now it is getting really loud and a bit creepy. Boom. Shakes the house. The wind is perfectly still, though. Very dark, with HUGE lightening bolts.

Of course, the kids are down for nap.... and the dogs are losing their minds. Let's see how long it takes before everyone is up.
Pestle 11:24 AM 03-25-2021
I have a Discord server where my friends chatter during their lunch breaks, and everybody who was in the path of the fatal tornado last year is on right now discussing weather radios and taking a mental health day from work. Lasting emotional trauma and anxiety from getting hit by a tornado is common around here! We're in a gap in the storms right now but the city is flooded, my kid's school was inaccessible shortly after early pick up, and tornadoes are possible tonight. Curses!
Cat Herder 11:26 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by Pestle:
I have a Discord server where my friends chatter during their lunch breaks, and everybody who was in the path of the fatal tornado last year is on right now discussing weather radios and taking a mental health day from work. Lasting emotional trauma and anxiety from getting hit by a tornado is common around here! We're in a gap in the storms right now but the city is flooded, my kid's school was inaccessible shortly after early pick up, and tornadoes are possible tonight. Curses!
>googles "Discord Server"< still doesn't get it

Stay safe
Gemma 03:30 PM 03-25-2021
Stay safe everyone!
Annalee 03:48 PM 03-25-2021
It has thundered, lightning and hard rain, but all seems OK so far. Alabama has been hit hard I hear!
Tags:severe weather
Reply Up