Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
daycarediva 04:21 PM 08-07-2012
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
Wow. Some parents are soooooo self-centered. If it's that big of a deal for her, she can take her own bloody kids to the library!
She is RIGHT NOW! Dcg made a HUGE fuss about it and I told her to ask her Mom to take her.
survivingtexas 07:16 PM 08-07-2012
I love my kids and sometimes they help me with the daycare stuff but please can they go back to school already?? The house is louder, they are just as needy sometimes and they don't take naps!!!
countrymom 07:13 AM 08-08-2012
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
13 days before I officially open my home daycare and my seperated but still legally married parents decide to use me as a sounding board regarding their latest fight.

No, I'm not going to choose sides. No, I'm not going to listen to each of you drag the other persons name through the mud.

You both have jobs, paid for houses/cars, and enough individual money to live off of for the rest of your lives. You live 400 miles away from each other and have been seperated for 9 years. Sign the stupid divorce papers already and leave me out of it!
it may sound bad to you, but I find that because I'm neutral that parents need to vent too. I don't mind because most parents don't have anyone to complain too.
countrymom 07:15 AM 08-08-2012
my sister is coming over with her 4 yr old dd. wish me luck. She got banned from my house because her dd is a spoiled brat who needs her arse smacked, instead she gets her way, screams all the time and throws tantrums and my sister gives into her. The only reason she is coming over is because she has birthday gifts for my kids, her dd will open them before my kids anyways. Oh, all the kids hate her too.
Unregistered 11:15 AM 08-08-2012
I am a new daycare provider and I am wondering if I am just to sensitive to do this. I get back from my unpaid vacation to find out -one child will be leaving for a month (who last I heard was going to start coming full time) (no payment left to hold her spot as per contract), -one child is cutting back their days (more lost income), -a new family is starting later than expected, -another new child that was set to start is moving, I get bombarded with this info. in just two days time. Then when I asked one family if they may consider a MWF schedule since they now come part time in order to help accomidate another PT infant they threatened to pull their child. I am trying to make ends meet the best I can and I can not understand the logic of these families. Do they think I have a tree that grows money in my backyard and that I can hold a spot for everyone to come anytime that is conenient for them? This has left me so upset I don't know what to do with these demanding families, I wish I could turn back the clock and start again.
Blackcat31 12:10 PM 08-08-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am a new daycare provider and I am wondering if I am just to sensitive to do this. I get back from my unpaid vacation to find out -one child will be leaving for a month (who last I heard was going to start coming full time) (no payment left to hold her spot as per contract), .
If they didn't pay you a deposit that is required according to your contract, then it is up to you to enforce the contract and get the deposit from them or do not save their space.

-one child is cutting back their days (more lost income),
I charge more for part time care then drop in. If I had a family wanting to drop to part time from full time, I would make sure they understand that full time ALWAYS trumps part time and they will be subject to losing their space all together if they drop down to part time. Plus 3 days of part time care here is almost as much as full time so the income loss wouldn't be that significant.

- Then when I asked one family if they may consider a MWF schedule since they now come part time in order to help accomidate another PT infant they threatened to pull their child. I am trying to make ends meet the best I can and I can not understand the logic of these families.
The logic is that families will always do what works best for them, as they should. If it doesn't work for you to do any days besides MWF then don't do it. I would simply tell them the only part time space you have is either MWF or T Th and that is it. I don't ask parents to accommodate me, I just let them know what I am willing to do and a varying schedule is not something I will do.

Do they think I have a tree that grows money in my backyard and that I can hold a spot for everyone to come anytime that is conenient for them? This has left me so upset I don't know what to do with these demanding families, I wish I could turn back the clock and start again.
It isn't that they think you have a money tree, although I wish we all did , it is just that they are looking out for themselves and we all do that. It is human nature. If you can't afford to hold a spot for any of them, don't do it. Advertise and find replacement families. You arein charge of your business and if you don't take charge, you get walked on.

I am sorry you are going through this at all. Child care is a tough business and not one where out income is ever guaranteed so you have to do what works for you.
BumbleBee 06:06 PM 08-08-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
it may sound bad to you, but I find that because I'm neutral that parents need to vent too. I don't mind because most parents don't have anyone to complain too.
Sorry, I should have clarified. The parents I was talking about are my own parents, not daycare parents.

Good advice and I will keep that in mind for next time. Thanks!
Bookworm 07:02 PM 08-08-2012
You know how some of you post about kids with shoes too small? Well I have the opposite problem. Would it physically kill you to buy shoes that fit. I get that they want superhero shoes but if they don't have them in their size don't buy them. DCB ran out of 2 sizes too small shoes 4x today on the playground. Why can't they realize that their kids will never grow into them because they are usually torn up in 2 months.
AmyLeigh 07:16 PM 08-13-2012
Just when I started to think I would miss the SA boys....they reminded me why I won't (well much, anyway). Fighting, whining, and a temper tantrum. Of course it didn't help that the parents decided to keep them out late last night either.....
daycarediva 09:45 AM 08-14-2012
my SA dcg that is aging out is DRIVING ME INSANE today! She interrupted circle time about 100x (I'm not even exaggerating) she interrupted every parent at drop off today, I can't finish a page in a picture book without her input! The icing on the cake was I got all the kids down for a nap, and the big kids are outside playing, I ran in to go to the bathroom and was washing my face while reveling in the peace and quiet. Knock on the door. GUESS WHO!? No, she didn't need to go to the bathroom, she wanted to tell me what she was doing outside. I had to bite my lip (LITERALLY) before I said "I don't care!"

She's 12, not 2. Really? Just REALLY!?
Busy Bees 09:52 AM 08-14-2012
I`am not taking any school age children anymore, I had so a hard time with them.I have 1 1/2 more weeks to go.
daycarediva 10:11 AM 08-14-2012
Originally Posted by Busy Bees:
I`am not taking any school age children anymore, I had so a hard time with them.I have 1 1/2 more weeks to go.
No more summers for me! I have a kid staying for before and after care (total of 3 hours a day and he is awesome and I really enjoy him) but that's it, no summers, no school breaks. (He will go to daycamps). I am never interviewing for another SA kid. EVER.
MNMum 03:51 PM 08-14-2012
Why oh why do parents all of a sudden think it is okay to show up late. I am not your mother, own up and pay me on the spot, or don't do it!
sahm2three 06:43 AM 08-15-2012
I could scream! I have a child who is NEVER here on time. NEVER. And day to day, I plan on him being here, but never really know if he will for sure until AFTER he is supposed to be here. So, most times he is here SOMETIME between 8 and 9:30 in the morning. Today, he gets dropped off at 7:30. I have explained over and over and over that I need a consistant schedule! I need to know when he will be coming and I need them to be on time. I wasn't ready for him that early, but they had his older sister bring him to the door. It truly is the parents who cause the most stress. UGH!
sahm2three 08:46 AM 08-15-2012
You know its going to be a long day when a couple of the kids start asking for lunch at 9:30. Oy...
sunflower 08:54 AM 08-15-2012
I also have a kiddo who is never here at the same time. They will text me... but it drives me crazy. They sent me a text today at 8 saying she just woke up so she will be here closer to 9.. my kiddos and other dcb are ready for snack at 9. She got here at 9:15. -_-
SilverSabre25 11:26 AM 08-15-2012
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
You know its going to be a long day when a couple of the kids start asking for lunch at 9:30. Oy...
I hear ya. Funny for you though, I have one that has decided taht her parents will come faster if she calls breakfast "snack".
DCMama 11:33 AM 08-15-2012
Sigh, Just opened my daycare and it's not going so well. I did not realize how discouraging it would feel. Haven't had much inquiry for the daycare and when I did, people would be a fake, flake, or scammers. Thanks goodness I did my google search on all that inquiries. Just have one family that is okay, but they decided to go with another provider...sigh. I know I need to go through a lot of rejects before getting a good family but honestly this sucks right now. Just trying to keep my head up.
momma2girls 09:06 AM 08-16-2012
I just started an 8 month old baby, that has never been away from Mom before. I just started her last week- She is very tough to get to sleep at all!!! The Mom came in this am and told me "it is totally fine with us, if you don't put her down at all" WHAT?????? Are you kidding me?? Now she asks me everyday, now did she fall asleep on her own, or do you rock her, etc..? I have told her I have tried everything rocking, walking around with her, etc... nothing works!! Today she asks at pick up, do you just let her cry it out? I said yes, but she only cried for like 5-10 min. She seemed like she wasn't thrilled with this- ughh!!!!! Let's see what she asks tomorrow and the next day and the next day, etc.. etc.... Already driving me insane and it's only her 3rd day here!!! She has been staying like 10-15 min. every am and pm, asking and asking me questions.She is a first time Mom, and asks everything under the sun!! The first day she asked now where does she sleep? I told her in a bedroom. What does she sleep in? How long does she sleep? She has 5 things she wants me to do for her before sleeping. Put a sleep sack on her, turn on music, give her a paci, give her a bottle right before napping, and give her the giraffe lovie blanket. The list goes on and on and on...... Where do you store her bottles, where do you store her milk? How do you heat up the milk? How do you feed the babies? Where do you feed them? What do you do with unused baby food? Do you heat it? Do you keep the unused food in the fridge? Do you put it in a bowl? Do you keep it in the plastic cont.? OMG!! This is all I can think of right now. There was more!!! WOW!!! I think tomorrow will be different, I will have her in her car seat ready to go and give her the rundown of the day, and get busy, or go in the house and say have a good night!!! UGHHH!!! Sorry, this should have been under the venting thread. I should add I have 4 children of my own and have provided in home daycare for over 10 yrs. now!!
Daycarelady1979 06:30 PM 08-19-2012
I created a Facebook page for my daycare & shared it with my 97 "friends" & asked them to share it...2 people did. 2 people!! 2 out of 97!?! And one of those people don't even live in the same STATE as me!! WTH?????? I seriously don't know what is wrong with people. Can't they help me out?? Just a little?? Some "friends" I have...
Lyss 09:14 AM 08-20-2012
Ugh!! DCM started a new shift and today was her 1st day so she made a HUGE deal about hopw she wanted to be early and get settled for her first day so she would drop DCB off at 6am (normal had been 830) instead of new normal 645ish. She reminded me all last week, I was getting annoyed in fact becuase she was reminding me so much. So this morning I get up at 530am (dragged myself out of bed more like) and get around so I'm ready @ 6. But when does mom show up? 630! Are you kidding me? I could have slept an extra half hour! It made me extra mad because she had been so concerned I'd forget all last week yet she's the one that wasn't on time!
Blackcat31 11:36 AM 08-20-2012
Originally Posted by Lyss:
Ugh!! DCM started a new shift and today was her 1st day so she made a HUGE deal about hopw she wanted to be early and get settled for her first day so she would drop DCB off at 6am (normal had been 830) instead of new normal 645ish. She reminded me all last week, I was getting annoyed in fact becuase she was reminding me so much. So this morning I get up at 530am (dragged myself out of bed more like) and get around so I'm ready @ 6. But when does mom show up? 630! Are you kidding me? I could have slept an extra half hour! It made me extra mad because she had been so concerned I'd forget all last week yet she's the one that wasn't on time!
Sorry that happened.....hope she was still charged for it.

Was she atleast apologetic about it at all?
Lyss 01:10 PM 08-20-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Sorry that happened.....hope she was still charged for it.

Was she atleast apologetic about it at all?
Still charged! I have the same policy for early drop off as no show/sick on regular scheduled days. Thank goodness too! That makes it a bit easier! Lol!

She didn't say a word about being late til I brought it up. Then she just said "well when my alarm went off I decided that was too early"
LewellynHouse 09:50 AM 08-21-2012
Hello All,

This is my first post in the forums here, and being Monday and all what better place to start than with a nice rant. 5 year old daycare boy was dropped off this morning, 6 am by dad, who forgot diaper bag with change of clothes. Dad said he would have mom drop off bag in 10 minutes. Hours pass, no diaper bag still. Boy pees pants (deliberately of course, as a punishment to me for putting him in time out...this is a regular occurence with this particular boy.) I put daycare boy in spare pull up, which he's way too old for, with no pants. Called dad and mom to let them know I need a change of clothes for their child. Mom FINALLY drops off diaper bag at 1 pm. And wouldn't you know it, no underwear in the bag, only a pair of absolutely filthy sweatpants! So now DCB is running around in a pull up and gross sweatpants for the remainder of the day.

The worst part is, the parents were not at all suprised by his accident, when I called to let them know I needed clothes they automatically assumed he had pooped his pants, not peed. Dad answers phone when I call and says, " Did ***** have diarrhea? I gave him laxatives with breakfast because he didn't poop yesterday. Hope he didn't make too big a mess for you!"

Really?! Geez, parents infuriate me more than the kids most of the time!
mema 12:54 PM 08-21-2012
OMG! If I have to repeat myself to the SA kids anymore, I'm going to go batty. Even the 2 yo is telling them to stop things 7 days, 7 days, 7 days then done
daycarediva 04:01 PM 08-21-2012
Originally Posted by mema:
OMG! If I have to repeat myself to the SA kids anymore, I'm going to go batty. Even the 2 yo is telling them to stop things 7 days, 7 days, 7 days then done
11 days here! I am throwing an 'end of summer party' (shaving cream fight, water balloons, scavenger hunt & prizes, etc) each of my SA kids has to EARN THIS and 'buy' the games with a set # of stickers, they get 1 sticker on the chart for a variety of listed reasons. So far, it's a MIRACLE! I didn't repeat myself at all today and actually got help from 2 of them!
daycarediva 04:53 AM 08-22-2012
Up at 5, showered and opened the doors for my 6am family. They showed up at 7:30. (not their fault, a power outage) but OMG! ugh!
Unregistered 05:39 PM 08-23-2012
I am a new daycare provider and I am wondering if I am just to sensitive to do this. I get back from my unpaid vacation to find out -one child will be leaving for a month (who last I heard was going to start coming full time) (no payment left to hold her spot as per contract), -one child is cutting back their days (more lost income), -a new family is starting later than expected, -another new child that was set to start is moving, I get bombarded with this info. in just two days time. Then when I asked one family if they may consider a MWF schedule since they now come part time in order to help accomidate another PT infant they threatened to pull their child. I am trying to make ends meet the best I can and I can not understand the logic of these families. Do they think I have a tree that grows money in my backyard and that I can hold a spot for everyone to come anytime that is conenient for them? This has left me so upset I don't know what to do with these demanding families, I wish I could turn back the clock and start again.
I am still fairly new to the daycare business, i just made 3 years in business, my husband and i have a group family daycare and trust me i feel your pain. I dont think you are too sensitive for this business you are just inexpierienced. I had many of the same issues and sometimes still have them, but i have learned very quickly that parents will walk all over you if you allow them too, DO NOT BEND YOUR RULES. If you break your owns rules for some parents that will be a sign that they can break rules also. Be very verbal about your rules it will feel awkward but remember these families dont care about your bills or your family, and as long as you dont enforce your rules many of them wont care that they have not paid you for a childcare spot as they are only thinking of themeselves. Be professional, be firm, and enforce all of your rules, no one else will care if you can put food on your table but you, so long story short dont be a push over if you continue to let parents make their own rules you will lose all control of your own business.
Sunshine74 09:19 PM 08-23-2012
The father for one DCB(2 1/2) stays for at least 20 minutes every time he drops off (he is only once a week). It is almost like he wants his son to cry. The whole time he is there he repeats "I have to go to work... don't be upset... don't cry...I really have to go now, etc", and the child isn't even crying until he starts all that. DCB isn't new, he has been coming to the center for over a year and a half!
Unregistered 06:22 PM 08-26-2012
I have a 14 month old in my care who is squeezed into clothes that are so small/tight that it leaves marks on his skin. I can barely get his pants off/on for diaper changes, and he is in cloth diapers which are bulky. This poor child! I don't understand why his parents can't get him clothes that fit, and trust me money is not an issue for this family.
Unregistered 07:26 AM 08-27-2012
UGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I have this one dcm who just so happen to run out of milk every morning before dropping off the dcb. Not to mention that she dropped him off with only 3 diapers. Did I mention that he has a bm all day long?!?!?!?!? Who does that?!?!?!?
Lyss 01:50 PM 08-28-2012
Morning drop offs business as usual then at pick up DCM says "did DCB tell you about our bugs?" (keep in mind I haven't seen them in nearly a week because mom took time off work)

Umm what?! No...

Apparently Sunday night (Tues is their "Monday" here) they discovered their home is overrun with fleas to the point that the dogs had to go to the vet and get flea baths (one can barely walk his legs are so irritated) AND have their carpet replaced! She said DCB even had them in his hair!!

So DCM brought clothes, blankets, extra clothes in a canvas bag that morning and didn't think to tell me maybe to be on the look out? Plus she drops off early (615ish) and DCB goes back to sleep on a mat in play area!

I have 2 young ones that are on the floor all day and a dog of my own.

Now my dog is scratching and I need to go buy bug bombs and flea medicine...
daycarediva 03:16 PM 08-28-2012
Morning drop offs business as usual then at pick up DCM says "did DCB tell you about our bugs?" (keep in mind I haven't seen them in nearly a week because mom took time off work)

Umm what?! No...

Apparently Sunday night (Tues is their "Monday" here) they discovered their home is overrun with fleas to the point that the dogs had to go to the vet and get flea baths (one can barely walk his legs are so irritated) AND have their carpet replaced! She said DCB even had them in his hair!!

So DCM brought clothes, blankets, extra clothes in a canvas bag that morning and didn't think to tell me maybe to be on the look out? Plus she drops off early (615ish) and DCB goes back to sleep on a mat in play area!

I have 2 young ones that are on the floor all day and a dog of my own.

oh ewwwww! GROSS!
SilverSabre25 04:59 PM 08-28-2012
Fleas are awful but don't go straight to bug bombs! Since it's probably a brand new infestation, you should be okay just treating the dog and vacuuming frequently. If you kill the fleas at the food source (dog) you should be okay. Vacuum daily, empty the bag after each vacuuming OR sprinkle flea powder in the bag to kill any you vacuum up. Avoid the noxious chemicals--but do get a good flea med for your pup. Ask around and find out if Frontline or Advantage work better in your area.
Lyss 06:07 PM 08-28-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Fleas are awful but don't go straight to bug bombs! Since it's probably a brand new infestation, you should be okay just treating the dog and vacuuming frequently. If you kill the fleas at the food source (dog) you should be okay. Vacuum daily, empty the bag after each vacuuming OR sprinkle flea powder in the bag to kill any you vacuum up. Avoid the noxious chemicals--but do get a good flea med for your pup. Ask around and find out if Frontline or Advantage work better in your area.
Thanks! I'll do that! I hate bombs! I've been vacuumung like a mad man! I thought about bathing the dog too but I think I recall the flea medicine saying not to wash right before or right after? Maybe I'm wrong but I'm heading to the store soon anyway so I'll just get the flea meds. My poor dog HATES the meds! She hides when she sees/hears the packaging and runs around like crazy for hours after applied. I feel like I've tortured her afterwards but I'm sure its torture to be infested with fleas so I tell myself its the lesser of 2 evils!
Bookworm 06:13 PM 08-28-2012
Thanks! I'll do that! I hate bombs! I've been vacuumung like a mad man! I thought about bathing the dog too but I think I recall the flea medicine saying not to wash right before or right after? Maybe I'm wrong but I'm heading to the store soon anyway so I'll just get the flea meds. My poor dog HATES the meds! She hides when she sees/hears the packaging and runs around like crazy for hours after applied. I feel like I've tortured her afterwards but I'm sure its torture to be infested with fleas so I tell myself its the lesser of 2 evils!
I have a cat and we had a flea infestation a couple of on months ago. It normally takes the 3 of us to herd, trap, catch and medicate my cat so I feel your pain. I believe we used Frontline and it work perfectly. If you catch the infestation early enough, you will quickly get it under control. Good luck.
SilverSabre25 06:12 AM 08-30-2012
If anyone ever wonders why sometimes I seem incapable of carrying on a linear conversation, they just need to come hang out with me for a few hours. I have two kiddos that don't seem to grasp "linear train of thought". There are so many non-sequitors in their conversations that it's a wonder they even know what they're talking about!
SilverSabre25 06:15 AM 08-30-2012
I hope it works for you! We've been through a few flea infestations--by far the worst was the first one, that showed up within a week after we moved into a new apartment. Our kitty was indoor-only at the time and the infestation was SO bad SO fast that we finally concluded that the flea were already IN the apartment when we moved in! It was awful; we'd pull 40-50 fleas off our kitty with a flea comb, 4 or 5 times a day! Nothing worked until we treated the place with nasty chemicals.

every other time we kill the fleas on the cats and the rest takes care of itself.
AmyLeigh 08:46 AM 08-30-2012
Here I thought I was done with the vent thread. I am down to one ft dcg. This morning, mom arrives 30 minutes early without telling me (third time in two months), and has dressed her 2 yo in all white. Really? Who does that? Just yesterday we were outside most of the day playing in the dirt! Oh, and no change of clothes in the bag either. She is going to be filthy by the end of the day. Sigh.....
SilverSabre25 08:55 AM 08-30-2012
Originally Posted by AmyLeigh:
Here I thought I was done with the vent thread. I am down to one ft dcg. This morning, mom arrives 30 minutes early without telling me (third time in two months), and has dressed her 2 yo in all white. Really? Who does that? Just yesterday we were outside most of the day playing in the dirt! Oh, and no change of clothes in the bag either. She is going to be filthy by the end of the day. Sigh.....
Oh, how frustrating! I don't even know why they MAKE white clothes for babies. Or toddlers. Or preschoolers. Heck I don't understand white clothing at all!
Country Kids 08:58 AM 08-30-2012
Well she won't be able to wear it after Labor Day as that is a total fashion no no! OK, its been a rough morning and I still have 8.5 hours left till the last one leaves.

I'm sorry Amy that a parent would do this. I have a few that wear tutu's and we do alot of outdoor play!
saved4always 01:50 PM 08-30-2012
EVERYone pooped today. The one in diapers. The one in pullups (in the pull up, of course). AND the one in underwear....yes, IN the underwear. We go potty once every hour. They would almost have to TRY to do it while off the potty. Sigh.
BumbleBee 05:22 PM 08-30-2012
I would be reeeeeeeally tempted to do finger painting w/o smocks, crush up some Oreo's for sensory play and serve spaghetti for lunch.

Yes, I am evil.
SilverSabre25 05:11 AM 09-06-2012
If I have to listen to ONE MORE out of tune repetition of the ABC's, I will do something drastic. 17 times in a row was enough for a week.

THAT time of the month, Day 3, hormone headache, oh how I have NOT missed you...

DS is ripping books apart again, dcbaby is screechy, DD is whiny, dcg is on the couch trying to dictate everyone else's life, and my headache is getting steadily worse. *sigh*
daycarediva 09:30 AM 09-06-2012
New dcg is 4. She eats breakfast at 8 @ home, comes here at 8:30. By 8:45 she is BEGGING me for a snack. Day one I felt soooo bad I gave her a snack, thinking that maybe she was really hungry. Day 2 I asked how much she ate for breakfast (ate well). And just told her that we don't eat again until lunch so she should save up her appetite. Day 3 was HORRENDOUS. She whined ALL DAY LONG for food and then picked at lunch. Within 5 minutes of being on the cot for nap, she was in full tears for food. O.M.G. I addressed it with Mom yesterday evening and she says she is going through a growth spurt (but then she would eat...?) and that at her last daycare she was allowed to graze allllll day. Soooo I have to change this pick-er into a good eater. Today is day 4, and the reminders to save up you hungries aren't helping. She ate only meatballs at lunch, refused everything else and then whined (at the table) she was hungry. I finally asked her what she would like to eat and she said "Do you have any cheetos?" "No, we eat healthy food that gives our bodies energy and cheetos aren't a healthy food." "How about ice cream?"

Ohhhh goodness.
BumbleBee 09:32 AM 09-06-2012
If I have to listen to ONE MORE out of tune repetition of the ABC's, I will do something drastic. 17 times in a row was enough for a week.

THAT time of the month, Day 3, hormone headache, oh how I have NOT missed you...

DS is ripping books apart again, dcbaby is screechy, DD is whiny, dcg is on the couch trying to dictate everyone else's life, and my headache is getting steadily worse. *sigh*

Why is it that they all have a bad day on the same day, but never all have a good day on the same day??? Additionally, why don't they ever have a good day when we're not feeling well????

(Hugs) hope tomorrow is better!
Blackcat31 09:36 AM 09-06-2012
Why oh why does this one DCB HAVE to be so stubborn about everything?!?

It doesn't bother me so much just that everything has to be against the grain. Seems like it would be much easier to simply do what I ask since we do the same thing every day.
wahmof3 10:42 AM 09-06-2012
Why oh why does this one DCB HAVE to be so stubborn about everything?!?

It doesn't bother me so much just that everything has to be against the grain. Seems like it would be much easier to simply do what I ask since we do the same thing every day.
I can relate, I have this same DCB. Today was actually one of our better days so far.
saved4always 02:36 PM 09-06-2012
Isn't it too early for ALL my kids to be sick???? Four out of 5 of them have runny noses, coughing, etc. One only slept a few hours last night and was whiney and miserable all day. The other 4 picked up on her mood and took turns having break downs. I woke up at 3 a.m. with a migraine that was still there this morning and took 2 pills to get under control. Ugh....I was ready for naptime at 9 a.m.!
nanglgrl 03:56 PM 09-06-2012
Dear, dcb, it's fantastic that you've finally learned the alphabet (except for that tricky "emmalopee" part) but after hearing you sing it 59.5 times today, I'm tired of it. Please sing a different song. Or work on counting to ten. You're still skipping 3-8.
You should know that my hubby and I just laughed so hard at this! "emmalopee"
sahm2three 09:30 AM 09-11-2012
I am so stressed! Kids are being terrible! I am about to put them to bed for the day!!! They are being defiant, mean to eachother, and totally not listening to me. They have been in time out so many times today. And the constant questions. My nerves are shot! My house is in chaos (not the daycare area) because we had a leak over Labor Day weekend while we were gone, so we have some carpet torn out and are down to sub floor. I am looking at about 3 more weeks of it like this before insurance is done and carpet is ordered and installed. I am so already ready for a vacation, and it is almost a year away!

I just had to take the kids snack away because they were using their chairs as a jungle gym, and they were told to sit nicely or snack would be over. Oh. My. Goodness.
countrymom 10:09 AM 09-11-2012
stupid question, but can others see this venting area. I want to vent without parents being able to read it.
SilverSabre25 01:26 PM 09-11-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
stupid question, but can others see this venting area. I want to vent without parents being able to read it.
yes, they can. You can go to the member's only category to vent privately.
Lyss 10:09 AM 09-12-2012
I have one DCB (2.5yrs) that arrives at 615 and then goes back to sleep until 8am (other DCKs arrive 830-845ish). Today DCM shows up 20 minutes late, no call, and DCB is wired even though mom said he's been up since 4am! Guess what mom gave him for breakfast at 5am? 3 Marshmallows and a slushy

...is it friday yet?
daycarediva 11:19 AM 09-14-2012
DCG has been here over 2 years, knows our routine down to a science and STILL asks me "when am I going home?" "When are we going outside?" "When is it lunch time?"

overandoverandoverandover.

I have tried saying-
"You're so smart, you know when we go outside!"

After everyone arrives and goes potty, we get to go outside! etc for each transition.

less than 5 minutes later "When are we _________"

I am at the point where I think she is intentionally being a pitb.
rhymia1 11:31 AM 09-14-2012
I started three siblings two weeks ago. No prior DC experience. Oldest is almost 4 and spolied! The twins(2) are cute, but very upset/sad all.day.long
They won't eat my food (only eat pasta,breads and crackers at home )Cry and gag through quiet time unless the tv is on (and even then one of the twins cries off and on) The other kids in my day care are starting to get upset, and take on the behaviors they are seeing Ugh. It's been awful. I can deal with certain things, but unhappy kids I think are beyond me
mema 07:08 AM 09-17-2012
I really am starting to not like Mondays. The newest family is awesome, but I'm pretty sure they hold baby all weekend. He will not sleep or eat very well on Mondays and his poor eyes are so red and swollen from being tired
Blackcat31 07:12 AM 09-17-2012
I really am starting to not like Mondays. The newest family is awesome, but I'm pretty sure they hold baby all weekend. He will not sleep or eat very well on Mondays and his poor eyes are so red and swollen from being tired
I hate Mondays as well! Seems every family is looking to extend their hours on Mondays as if spending the weekend with their child was tough or something

I have 10 different families and 8 of them asked to extend their pick up time today by atleast an hour. They pay for it but still......
Country Kids 07:24 AM 09-17-2012
I hate Mondays as well! Seems every family is looking to extend their hours on Mondays as if spending the weekend with their child was tough or something

I have 10 different families and 8 of them asked to extend their pick up time today by atleast an hour. They pay for it but still......
I have a few that have started coming 11 hours-my total opening time. The thing is, they are legitamalty working!!!! Working 55+ hours a week is all I seem to do anymore.

I told my husband I need a personal assistant because I'm not able to keep up with my calendar of family obligations and work. Being a CEO is getting harder and harder-
daycarediva 07:42 AM 09-17-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
I have a few that have started coming 11 hours-my total opening time. The thing is, they are legitamalty working!!!! Working 55+ hours a week is all I seem to do anymore.

I told my husband I need a personal assistant because I'm not able to keep up with my calendar of family obligations and work. Being a CEO is getting harder and harder-
I worked 74 hours last week. That doesn't include off hours cleaning and prep. All of my families are actually working as well. They are volunteering for OT and picking up PT jobs as well.
E Daycare 06:51 AM 09-18-2012
This crap makes me lose my mind on fb. A stay at home mom on fb with two kids 3yrs and younger posted this:

"It's never any easier the 2nd time around. Poor *1.5yr old childs name* screamed and cried when I dropped her off at school. Normally she is fine when we drop off *3 yr old child's name* cuz she gets to leave w/mommy. Not this time. Mommy is sad. But the upside is I have the whole day kid free. What should I do??"

And in the comments she posted:

"Yup 9-3 it's mommy time!! Got tons of around the house projects to do. Oh and nap. Lol"

DAYCARE ISN'T AROUND SO YOU CAN NAP!!!

God this stuff makes me so mad. She doesn't work and when she had just her 1st kid her husband asked her to go back to work. So before her first kid turned one she worked on getting pregnant so she wouldn't have to go to work. She'd brag about how she was $50k in debt from college 10yrs ago but she wanted to be a stay at home mom so bad so shed just file extensions to not pay off student loans. She got pregnant and didn't go to any interviews she had scheduled. WISH I WAS LYING.

I stopped being her in real life friend after that.

This crap just makes me angry.
sahm2three 07:34 AM 09-18-2012
AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it Friday yet?!?!?!
Unregistered 07:11 AM 09-20-2012
Reg but logged out.. So annoyed with everyone today. Kid 1 shows up in shorts, flip flops, and a t shirt... It's 58 degrees out! Sibs 2 and 3 show up with a fistful of toys from home, and two huge blankets- the ones I sent home yesterday bc they were sitting in a closet at my house for over a year unused. Kid 4 arrives okay, but is so shy and clingy to me that she whines all day. We go out to play and she jus stands there and whines the whole time outside.

I'm sick of saying the same things 1000 times. Stop trying to play in my garden- you are 3! It's not a hard concept.

I'm sick of crappy parenting. Parent your kids. Teach them skills. I don't understand why a 3.5 year old cant get dressed, slip on their own shoes, or do anything on their own. Lazy lazy parents.

I'm sick of waking up at 6am so I am ready for you by 7, only to have you show up at 9 without a call. When I confronted you, you said you need me at 7:30 every day, and then you show up at 8:15. You are rude.

I'm sick Of you always trying to short me my money. I'm tired of having to collect it. Pay your bill on time. Just once.

I'm sick of daycare kids getting my family sick, then I have to close, lose a day of pay, and pay a copayment to the doctor.

I'm sick of you drugging your kids up in the morning and dropping them off.

I have great parents with annoying kids, crappy parents with amazing kids, and crappy parents with annoying kids. Can't I get one 100% good family just once? I'm so sick of this job. I daydream about what I would do if I didn't have to do this anymore. Ugh! Gotta get my kids all in school and I'm going back to working with civilized people. I'm so sick of being taken for granted and taken advantage of.
MyAngels 07:24 AM 09-20-2012
What is the deal with the zippers on kids' coats these days? Every single one of my kids has an impossible-to-zip zipper on their fall jacket . How in the world am I supposed to teach them how to zip it themselves if I can't even do it? Grrr.
Breezy 09:24 AM 09-20-2012
DCM and Dcd are not together and he lived in a different state. He is here visiting DCB for the week so I dony have dcb at all this week and they are not paying for his spot as DCM said DCD is not giving her any money for times that DCB is not here when he is with dad. When she originally came to interview it was not in my contract that she had to but when she enrolled 4 months later the contract was changed and evidently she didn't read before signing it but I let it go because we are moving soon but need the income until we leave.

Anyways, DCM texts me at 7:38 this morning asking if I.will watch dcb for two hours this morning so Dcd can go to the gym. Um, no! I'm off all week and I happen to be in bed sick until my DH goes to work later because although I didn't catch the bad cold my ds had I did catch the one your child had so I am spending my time off miserable.
sahm2three 11:51 AM 09-20-2012
OMGosh!!! Two year olds are going to do me in!!! I honestly think it's my least favorite age, 2 and 3. And it's the age I have the most of! Ugh! They are so unreasonable and seem so out of control! Ugh! They really have been at it the last few weeks! I need a change of some kind I think! Not sure what to do!
Luna 08:23 AM 09-21-2012
I have a pair of brothers 2 & 4 who seem to NEED to have noise coming out of their face every second. Non-stop noise, not words, just sounds. Widdum widdum widdum bapbapbap dupdupdup brrbrrbrr spspspsps ahhhahhhhhh bribribri rrrrrr. ite ite ite durmdurmdurm. Good grief! They even do it during eating. The only time it stops is when they are sleeping, Thank Goodness they are both good nappers. Most days I can tune it out, but today is not one of those days. My nerves are shattered!!!! diggydiggydiggy weeeeeee eeeyaeeyaa adayadayaday ho ho hole ho ho hole isitisitisit...
mema 07:28 PM 09-25-2012
I really, really want this week to end. I can't believe it's only Tuesday.
rhymia1 08:12 AM 09-26-2012
It's been raining all morning, one of the kids has been crying all morning. Another has been whining all morning. One will not stop wrestling. I've tried to do the usual indoor physical activities but they are getting so crazy kids are getting hurt.
mema 08:11 AM 09-27-2012
5 month old has only slept for 15minutes this morning all the rest has been screaming/crying. He is past tired. Rocking, bouncing, singing, bottles, nothing. The minute he is almost asleep, he rolls over and gets on his knees and cries It could be yet another long day.

2.5 year old is sneezing and dripping snot on EVERYTHING I need to somehow attach a kleenex and snot catcher to him. He knows how to cover and how to ask or get his own kleenex, but he won't do it.

3.5 year old is crying on and off and playing the "feel sorry for me" card when asked to do something she doesn't want to. Ah, I don't think so honey. You are just fine-I've seen it.

I guess the other dck and I will have some fun playing playdough
Blackcat31 09:39 AM 09-27-2012
5 month old has only slept for 15minutes this morning all the rest has been screaming/crying. He is past tired. Rocking, bouncing, singing, bottles, nothing. The minute he is almost asleep, he rolls over and gets on his knees and cries It could be yet another long day.

2.5 year old is sneezing and dripping snot on EVERYTHING I need to somehow attach a kleenex and snot catcher to him. He knows how to cover and how to ask or get his own kleenex, but he won't do it.

3.5 year old is crying on and off and playing the "feel sorry for me" card when asked to do something she doesn't want to. Ah, I don't think so honey. You are just fine-I've seen it.

I guess the other dck and I will have some fun playing playdough
I thought I heard someone screaming this morning....

Hang in there....Friday IS coming!
dave4him 09:53 AM 09-27-2012
I know i have vented before, but ill vent some more. I am so tired of my SIL not giving me any kind of notice when she isnt going to bring my niece to daycare. Kind of makes it hard to plan things or get started if im waiting around for someone to not show up. I know shes lazy and probalby slept in and decided to just not bother bringing her, but this is my income here not to mention my kids love playing with her too. UR!
One of the reasons behind starting daycare with DHS was so she could come and hopefully i could get my MIL to spend more time with my kids, that hasnt happened at all
mema 10:31 AM 09-27-2012
I thought I heard someone screaming this morning....

Hang in there....Friday IS coming!
That was probably me and not them I hope you didn't have any sleeping this morning They are all sleeping Now let's just hope the afternoon changes or I may have to be "sick" tomorrow

TGIF to you too tomorrow!
dave4him 10:59 AM 09-27-2012
I could us a good scream
SilverSabre25 11:18 AM 09-27-2012
Dear dcb,

You need your sleep. You fought nap for a solid HOUR. Slept for an hour. And now you're awake an hour early.

GO TO SLEEP.

That is all.
daycarediva 10:22 AM 09-28-2012
I am SICK. SICK SICK. Fever, chills, vomiting all day yesterday, HAD to close sick. I am terming a client over the way I was treated because of this. It's my first call in for the YEAR. Seriously???
rhymia1 10:54 AM 09-28-2012
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I am SICK. SICK SICK. Fever, chills, vomiting all day yesterday, HAD to close sick. I am terming a client over the way I was treated because of this. It's my first call in for the YEAR. Seriously???
Ugh, that stinks! Hope you feel better soon!
saved4always 07:00 PM 09-28-2012
Hope you feel better soon! That is the worst.
rhymia1 03:14 AM 10-01-2012
After having to call parents to come get sick kids on Friday, having parents call on Sunday morning to ask if they can come back Monday morning, and if the kids will be able to stay all day as it's not easy for them to leave work to pick them up
Um yeah, because apparently it's easier for the rest of us (me and other kids) to deal with sick, whiney kids

Friday, Friday, Friday
rhymia1 09:32 AM 10-01-2012
PMS and not walking away when the horse is dead
daycarediva 10:30 AM 10-01-2012
thank you all!

Talk with dcm went well, of course she said she thought I had a backup (whom I had never use for scheduled days off in over two years?) she was given notice, because I refuse to allow myself to be treated that way. I'll be broke, but life is good!
lovemykidstoo 10:42 AM 10-01-2012
thank you all!

Talk with dcm went well, of course she said she thought I had a backup (whom I had never use for scheduled days off in over two years?) she was given notice, because I refuse to allow myself to be treated that way. I'll be broke, but life is good!
How did she treat you badly? What did she do/say? I hope you feel better.
daycarediva 01:25 PM 10-01-2012
I called and left a message on her cell about 3 1/2 hours before dcg was scheduled to be dropped off. Then I called and left a message on her home phone. I asked that she call me back and let me know she received my phone call. Never called back, showed up at drop off acting like she had NO CLUE what I was talking about. She was screaming outside my house (loud enough to make DCG cry) about how unprofessional I was. Um, sorry I didn't repeatedly call you (at 5 am no less) until you answered the phone. Are you serious? She stomped off to her car VERY angry, then sent me several nasty texts later in the day about how unprofessional I was and that she always thought I was reliable and how I was probably faking it (!!!!!) and that she wasn't paying for the day (even though she is contractually obligated to do so) yada yada, I called her back and told her that she could drop off her check in FULL Friday/the next day and that it would be the last check she had to write to me. I also gave her a written notice that she signed saying that she was verbally abusive, and gave m licensar a heads up, just in case.

You think you know someone!!
lovemykidstoo 01:42 PM 10-01-2012
I called and left a message on her cell about 3 1/2 hours before dcg was scheduled to be dropped off. Then I called and left a message on her home phone. I asked that she call me back and let me know she received my phone call. Never called back, showed up at drop off acting like she had NO CLUE what I was talking about. She was screaming outside my house (loud enough to make DCG cry) about how unprofessional I was. Um, sorry I didn't repeatedly call you (at 5 am no less) until you answered the phone. Are you serious? She stomped off to her car VERY angry, then sent me several nasty texts later in the day about how unprofessional I was and that she always thought I was reliable and how I was probably faking it (!!!!!) and that she wasn't paying for the day (even though she is contractually obligated to do so) yada yada, I called her back and told her that she could drop off her check in FULL Friday/the next day and that it would be the last check she had to write to me. I also gave her a written notice that she signed saying that she was verbally abusive, and gave m licensar a heads up, just in case.

Holy crap. That is beyond words ridiculous!!! So did she drop off the check for the full amount? Good for you for sticking up for yourself.
canadiancare 05:59 AM 10-02-2012
I have a 2 year old who has been here for a year. She requires a "written invitation" for every step of our day. Everyone else knows the cues of "snack time" "craft time" etc. and come running to their spots. She stays in the playroom doorway waiting for me to go and get her. I mentioned this to her mother who replied that she was proud to be raising an independent thinker. I, alternatively see it as an issue since it is EVERYDAY the same routine.

She also is severely underweight (has yet to triple her birth weight), very uncoordinated and holds a bolus of food in tightly clenched teeth without swallowing it. She will either start to cry when I tell her to open her mouth so I can sweep it out before putting her down for her nap or she will jam her hand into her mouth causing herself to vomit. Again I see issues and mum says she is just a high needs child.

I have anxiety issues with letting families go but I am at the point where I am feeling like I am ramming my head against a wall of denial.
daycarediva 06:30 AM 10-02-2012
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Holy crap. That is beyond words ridiculous!!! So did she drop off the check for the full amount? Good for you for sticking up for yourself.
Yes and dcg is here for the next two weeks.
sahm2three 09:23 AM 10-02-2012
OMGosh! This full moon can go away ANY time. I don't know what else to blame the kids' crazies on!!! I can't get them to follow ANY of my rules, that a few weeks ago they had NO trouble following. I am worn out and it is only Tuesday!!!
Blackcat31 09:26 AM 10-02-2012

Yes and dcg is here for the next two weeks.
Oh he77 no!

I would NEVER continue to watch a child who's mother stood out in your yard yelling such disrespectful and hateful things! I would have taken the check for the two weeks' notice and been done.

I would not have provided one more minute of care for someone who has the nerve to be so rude like that!

You are a much stronger woman than I am!
lovemykidstoo 09:55 AM 10-02-2012
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
OMGosh! This full moon can go away ANY time. I don't know what else to blame the kids' crazies on!!! I can't get them to follow ANY of my rules, that a few weeks ago they had NO trouble following. I am worn out and it is only Tuesday!!!
I hear ya. I've had the same problems here. I have a 2 year old that all of a sudden he thinks he's the boss of EVERYONE!!! Pushing, taking toys away, mouthing back, UGH!
daycarediva 10:35 AM 10-02-2012
Oh he77 no!

I would NEVER continue to watch a child who's mother stood out in your yard yelling such disrespectful and hateful things! I would have taken the check for the two weeks' notice and been done.

I would not have provided one more minute of care for someone who has the nerve to be so rude like that!

You are a much stronger woman than I am!
I like DCG & will miss her! Her mother is crazy, hopefully that isn't hereditary!
dave4him 10:52 AM 10-02-2012
Really hate when people randomly come to pick up their kids in the middle of the afternoon, during nap time, without so much as a warning ahead of time, when she had only been here for a few hours so far today!
nanglgrl 11:06 AM 10-02-2012
Originally Posted by dave4him:
Really hate when people randomly come to pick up their kids in the middle of the afternoon, during nap time, without so much as a warning ahead of time, when she had only been here for a few hours so far today!
Have you been watching the child for long? It sounds to me like the parents were doing a surprise visit to catch you off guard. I tell parents they are fine to do that, that I would probably do it too if my child were in daycare but if they still feel the need to surprise me after the child has been in my care for a couple of months they obviously don't trust me and should find a new provider.
dave4him 11:16 AM 10-02-2012
No this is the little baby, shes been here since June. This is the first time this person has picked her up though, so im assuming its for some kind of doc appt maybe i was not made aware of. Either way she is on the list of people allowed to get the kid so i handed her over. Thankfully no one else woke up
countrymom 11:24 AM 10-02-2012
this child doesn't want to go to sleep. I have a feeling that mom didn't tell me everything. He sleeps here one day a week, you would think by now he would realize its nap time. Instead he cries for the whole nap time. And no I'm not going to get him because he gets up at 5am. I really think his sleep is messed up. Oh he's 16 months old too.
sahm2three 01:11 PM 10-02-2012
Any way I can tell parents that the grand parents are NOT allowed to visit the child for the entire weekend?! This family lives in my neighborhood and I cringe when I see that grandparents are there. Without fail, EVERY SINGLE time, the little girl is a wreck. She screams through naptime and is a nightmare. Today is one of those days. I don't have them on Mondays, so today is reprogramming day. Mom can't stand it either, totally validates my concerns where grandparents are concerned. She has woken up the babies who NEEDED a nap desperately. They got woken up over an hour earlier than their regular time. I am tempted to put them all in a room together so she can hear what it sounds like when babies get woken up. It is days like this where I really don't like my job. She is 3 and there is NO reasoning with her. UGH UGH UGH!!!
providerandmomof4 05:49 PM 10-02-2012
I have 2 dcb (siblings) that I can't hardly get to eat anything. Dcm said at interview that they prefer veggies to other foods. I said that's awesome because I serve a lot of fruit and veg. She lied! They won't eat one veg except on occasion, corn. And the only fruit they'll touch is apples! So, today before lunch dcm drops older dcb off to me with two huge packs of twizzlers, "can they have these after lunch?" So neither dcb ate more than two bites of lunch...Ugggh. I just put the candy in their bag with a little note that if they don't eat lunch, I will not give treats-thanks! Just irritates me!
lovemykidstoo 05:58 PM 10-02-2012
Originally Posted by providerandmomof4:
I have 2 dcb (siblings) that I can't hardly get to eat anything. Dcm said at interview that they prefer veggies to other foods. I said that's awesome because I serve a lot of fruit and veg. She lied! They won't eat one veg except on occasion, corn. And the only fruit they'll touch is apples! So, today before lunch dcm drops older dcb off to me with two huge packs of twizzlers, "can they have these after lunch?" So neither dcb ate more than two bites of lunch...Ugggh. I just put the candy in their bag with a little note that if they don't eat lunch, I will not give treats-thanks! Just irritates me!
I would have kept the twizzlers. I love twizzlers! Maybe that's what you should have done. Put a note in there saying little johnny and sam didn't eat their lunch so I didn't give them the candy, but it's my favorite thanks!! LOL Bet she wouldn't have done that again!
saved4always 06:35 PM 10-02-2012
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
I would have kept the twizzlers. I love twizzlers! Maybe that's what you should have done. Put a note in there saying little johnny and sam didn't eat their lunch so I didn't give them the candy, but it's my favorite thanks!! LOL Bet she wouldn't have done that again!
Lol! That would be so funny! I love Twizzlers, too. They can be so addictive, I can eat a whole bag myself. Same goes for candy corn...I am so in trouble at this time of year!
mema 07:47 PM 10-02-2012
I really need to get my backbone in to the chiropractor in more than 1 way. My back is killing me. I can hardly sleep. And I can't seem to use it when I need to this week. Late payments and late pick ups
sahm2three 08:11 AM 10-03-2012
GOD I hope I am just premenstrual and just being sensitive to things, because so help me, if this is how this place is going to be, I can't do it. These kids are driving me completely crazy! They do not listen to anything I say! I tell them to clean (and they know how, they used to clean up awesome!), and they just ignore me. I have taken away over half of the toys because they refused to clean. They don't care. Soon they will have NOTHING to play with! It is ridiculous! I don't know what to do. And that is just ONE of the issues. I have no energy to do the projects that I had planned because they are so tiring and just don't deserve to do anything fun. Ugh. Maybe it is just end of summer blues? Good lord, I hope it improves soon!
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56  ... Last
Reply Up