Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I am sick and my heart is aching.
Francine 03:21 AM 10-22-2014
I don't post here a lot, but I want to ask all of you to please pray for Mason and his family. I've had him in my daycare since he was old enough to come to daycare, he just went off to preschool in September. I found out last night that this precious little 3 year old has been diagnosed with Leukemia. I can't even imagine how scared they all are, I am just sick. Please pray for them!
Thank you!
KidGrind 03:23 AM 10-22-2014
Sending up a prayer for Mason and his family.
hope 03:28 AM 10-22-2014
Mason and his family will be in our prayers.
daycarediva 03:40 AM 10-22-2014
I will be thinking of Mason and his family.
Mom o Col 03:59 AM 10-22-2014
I am praying for little Mason.
DaveA 04:07 AM 10-22-2014
will do
Francine 04:36 AM 10-22-2014
The school that his Mom teaches at is getting together a package to take to the hospital, they are looking for things that he can do in the hospital while he is there. Do you have any ideas?
taylorw1210 04:59 AM 10-22-2014
My heart is breaking for you and Mason's family. One of my own sons is named Mason. Sending lots of prayers and positive vibes to their family.
Blackcat31 05:19 AM 10-22-2014
Originally Posted by Francine:
The school that his Mom teaches at is getting together a package to take to the hospital, they are looking for things that he can do in the hospital while he is there. Do you have any ideas?
Sending lots of prayers and love to Mason and his family

Here are a few links to ideas for activities for kids having to be in the hospital:

http://www.pinterest.com/chdawarenes...-the-hospital/

http://wizzley.com/art-craft-activit...n-in-hospital/

Hopefully, you can find some fun things for him to focus on and keep his mind off the "icky" stuff he has to undergo/endure.
hope 05:19 AM 10-22-2014
Originally Posted by Francine:
Games, books, decorations for the room (you want to make the room as upbeat as possible. You can get party decorations of his favorite character), pictures and picture frames so he knows those around him are with him, individually packed snacks and candy (doctors are super strict on sanitation of open bags. Snacks are for when he can't stomach regular food and they try to entice his appetite with treats), movies. You can call hospital and see if they have tv, video games and did player in room. Some do some don't.
hope 05:22 AM 10-22-2014
Sorry, thought of a few more things.....pj's that button down front and are short sleeve so it is accessible for iv's and port. Blankets (you can have fleece made with pictures printed), a European pillow (the big square ones) for times when he may need to sleep up right. Pillow cases in his favorite characters.
CraftyMom 06:02 AM 10-22-2014
Sending prayers for Mason
e.j. 11:55 AM 10-22-2014
Will say some prayers for Mason and his family - and you! It couldn't have been easy for you to have received the news, either.
melilley 12:01 PM 10-22-2014
I'll be thinking of Mason and his family.
Silly Songs 06:48 PM 10-22-2014
Wish I g him a speedy recovery and praying for all of them. I can't understand why little ones get cancer, other illnesses, and horrible things happen to them sometimes. I get that it happens, I just don't like it
momofsix 07:33 PM 10-22-2014
Praying for Mason and his family.
Tags:hospital, leukemia
Reply Up