Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Favorite CD ?
Francine 04:33 AM 10-02-2015
My kids love to have music on all day, I've bought quite a few CD's over the years just to find out that either I can't stand them or the kids don't like them.
Their favorite right now is Choo-choo Soul, I don't know if I can take another day of it LOL. I would love something upbeat like that but maybe with some Days of the Week, Seasons, letters, numbers etc. Any ideas? What are your favorites?
childcaremom 05:04 AM 10-02-2015
The only kid-type music we listen to (meaning that I can stand) is Sharon, Lois and Bram and Charlotte Diamond. They have a number of different songs. Maybe something there? Maybe someone else will have more selection?
Francine 05:14 AM 10-02-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
The only kid-type music we listen to (meaning that I can stand) is Sharon, Lois and Bram and Charlotte Diamond. They have a number of different songs. Maybe something there? Maybe someone else will have more selection?
Thank you, it just dawned on me to create a Pandora station, I just added Sharon, Lois and Bram. Thanks for the suggestion!
Unregistered 05:30 AM 10-02-2015
I have several Greg & Steve and Frank Leto CDs. My dcks love them.
Rockgirl 06:11 AM 10-02-2015
We use Pandora. And I really just can't do music geared toward children. There is a station on pandora called "Children's Indie"--it's kid-appropriate, but not kiddie music. Beatles, Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz, Bob Marley, to name a few. Maybe one out of ten songs is from a kids' album, but it's more folksy than chirpy, if that makes sense.
Josiegirl 09:47 AM 10-02-2015
Let me suggest what my dcks requested this a.m.... Jingle Bells.
Pepperth 09:57 AM 10-02-2015
Laurie Berkner Band; Classical Music; Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Soundtrack
Baby Beluga 10:20 AM 10-02-2015
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
We use Pandora. And I really just can't do music geared toward children. There is a station on pandora called "Children's Indie"--it's kid-appropriate, but not kiddie music. Beatles, Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz, Bob Marley, to name a few. Maybe one out of ten songs is from a kids' album, but it's more folksy than chirpy, if that makes sense.
LOVE Pandora (and my kids love Jack Johnson) - I am going to have to add this station

I also do a lot of instrumental during the day. Sometimes I just can't do music with lyrics and hear the kids talking at the same time.
Rockgirl 10:23 AM 10-02-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
LOVE Pandora (and my kids love Jack Johnson) - I am going to have to add this station
Hope you like it! I love how Pandora allows you to customize your stations with the thumbs up/down. I do a lot of this.
Sunshine74 10:32 AM 10-02-2015
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
We love that station too. Family Road Trip is usually another good one. It had a pretty good variety between the kids music and (appropriate) adult music.
Rockgirl 10:39 AM 10-02-2015
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
We love that station too. Family Road Trip is usually another good one. It had a pretty good variety between the kids music and (appropriate) adult music.

I will try that one! Thanks for the suggestion.
Reply Up