Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Are Your DCK Or DCP Pet Peeves?
PolkaTots 09:17 AM 09-27-2012
My number one pet peeve (beyond the normal bringing food/toys ect., forgetting paperwork/supplies, arriving late/early) is when parents ask to use my restroom! I am a bit of a germaphobe, and can't stand random butts being on my toilet seat! I don't want to have to hover on my own toilet like I am in public...sheesh!
Cat Herder 09:23 AM 09-27-2012
1. Baby talk by adults.... to me.

2. "He/she never does that at home."
DaycareMama 09:27 AM 09-27-2012
late pickups.

parents that hide illnesses
daycare 09:40 AM 09-27-2012
1. oh they must learned that bad habit at daycare
2. He/she is teething or allergies again.....oh did I mention my group consists of mosty 3-5 year olds......hahha
3. darn, I forgot my check book, can I get you tomorrow...
rhymia1 09:46 AM 09-27-2012
Right now? "My kid doesn't need a nap, I don't understand why you have any quiet time for them?" (said in a tone that implies I am doing something wrong)
Never mind that non nappers only have to sit quietly on their mat for a 1/2 hour. Never mind they are allowed kits with toys in them so they can play with "special" toys that the other kids don't get to.
Essentially they are telling me "We don't value you enough to think you need a break" or "We teach our children that their needs trump everyone else's."
You know what? It shows.
PolkaTots 10:42 AM 09-27-2012
Something else that bothers me...little girls who don't leave hair ties in :/ I even have in my contract that girls who don't leave them in are not allowed to wear them as they pose as a choking hazard to small children. I have a pair of sisters (almost 5 and 6) who I have had for 3 years now...and always have their hair pulled out within the first hour. I find their hair ties and clips everywhere!
SunshineMama 10:57 AM 09-27-2012
1. Parents who ask you to be ready every day at a certain time and who show up 30+ minutes late... when they are the first drop off of the day.

2. Parents who bring siblings to daycare knowing that their other sibling is at home sick with an illness.

3. Parents who dont pay on time.

4. Parents who ring the doorbell at naptime, even though they have been instructed not to.

5. Parents who are late.

6. Parents who lie.

7. Parents who drug up their kids before sending them.

8. Parents who expect the provider to do everything they should be doing, expecting the provider to essentially be the parent.

9. Parents who cant say no to their children.

10. Parents who dont get that children are completely different at daycare than they are at home, for better or worse.

11. Helicoptor parents.
Tags:pet peeves, teething
Reply Up