Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help with wording, please
Francine 05:22 AM 10-21-2015
I have always had it in my contract that full time families get 5 personal days to
use throughout the year, part time families get 3, teacher's don't get any personal days but they do get to choose either Christmas break or Spring break to take off free of charge, all other days throughout the school year are paid. Summer is a different issue.

This year Christmas break is a full two weeks and Spring break is a week and a half. All but one of my families now are teachers, I can't afford for all of them to take two weeks off for Christmas break without paying. I want to amend my contract to let them take both vacations off at half price instead of one of them for free. At least that way I have some income coming in over both vacations. Some help with wording would be great, I don't want it to be wishy washy but at the same time I am close to all of my families so I don't want to sound harsh. Thank you!
Blackcat31 07:19 AM 10-21-2015
Originally Posted by Francine:
I have always had it in my contract that full time families get 5 personal days to
use throughout the year, part time families get 3, teacher's don't get any personal days but they do get to choose either Christmas break or Spring break to take off free of charge, all other days throughout the school year are paid. Summer is a different issue.

This year Christmas break is a full two weeks and Spring break is a week and a half. All but one of my families now are teachers, I can't afford for all of them to take two weeks off for Christmas break without paying. I want to amend my contract to let them take both vacations off at half price instead of one of them for free. At least that way I have some income coming in over both vacations. Some help with wording would be great, I don't want it to be wishy washy but at the same time I am close to all of my families so I don't want to sound harsh. Thank you!
Maybe something like....

Dear DCF

As of xxx, 2015 vacation options using free or non-paid days will no longer be available. Beginning with Christmas vacation, fees will now be billed at 50% of regular tuition rates for those holiday breaks.

Thank you

Provider

OR

Dear DCF

Beginning xx, 2015 families will now be limited to using no more than 2 free/non paid days during any vacation weeks such Christmas and/or Spring break. If you have any questions, please let me know

Thank you

Provider

Reply Up