Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Biting
Unregistered 08:59 PM 10-11-2013
So I just opened my daycare two weeks ago. My son is an only child, he's been in daycare before for almost a year. My previous daycare provider always said how good he was, only had one instance where he bit another child. I asked why he bit her and he said she bit him first. I explained to him you don't bite. Fast forward, I now have my daycare, it's been going good, yesterday I had an instance where my son bit another child, I did not witness this because I was helping another child potty, however the child had marks to prove it and I can always tell when my son is lying. Just today my son bit another child who is new to daycare and he left a pretty good mark on this kid. It really upsets me to know my son is doing this and he knows this is wrong. I do not tolerate biting or abuse of any sort. My son will be 3 next week. What would you recommend to quit his biting? I have bit him back so maybe he would see how it feels, but that makes me feel horrible to bit my son. Help please I don't know what to do?
blandino 09:07 PM 10-11-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
So I just opened my daycare two weeks ago. My son is an only child, he's been in daycare before for almost a year. My previous daycare provider always said how good he was, only had one instance where he bit another child. I asked why he bit her and he said she bit him first. I explained to him you don't bite. Fast forward, I now have my daycare, it's been going good, yesterday I had an instance where my son bit another child, I did not witness this because I was helping another child potty, however the child had marks to prove it and I can always tell when my son is lying. Just today my son bit another child who is new to daycare and he left a pretty good mark on this kid. It really upsets me to know my son is doing this and he knows this is wrong. I do not tolerate biting or abuse of any sort. My son will be 3 next week. What would you recommend to quit his biting? I have bit him back so maybe he would see how it feels, but that makes me feel horrible to bit my son. Help please I don't know what to do?
At 3, he is old enough to understand that it is wrong. I would set up a loss of privilege for him when he bites. Or he can shadow you (stay close to you) all day, which isn't very fun at all, when he bites. With a child his age, I typically separate them from the group. Not a time-out per say, but they need to play separately from the group if they can't play nicely.
TwinKristi 09:42 PM 10-11-2013
We have this problem but my DS is not even 2 yet. It's tough because it's your kid, you can't kick him out of daycare! LOL
Tags:biting
Reply Up