Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>No residue/streak disenfecting product
CrackerJacks 08:10 AM 05-14-2013
I'm tired of looking at the toys and seeing, streaks/rssidue from the Lysol or Clorox wipes. I know they are clean but the residue/streaks make them seem dirty. I soap and water everything that can be cleaned that way, but some of the bigger things have to be wiped down (trucks, houses, can register etc). I've even tried a hospital grade wipe my husband brought home from work.

Has anyone found anything that doesn't leave that yucky residue/streak?
MarinaVanessa 08:17 AM 05-14-2013
I don't use anything like that. I use a simple bleach/water solution for anything that I have to disinfect that can't fit in my dishwasher to be run through the sani-cycle or thrown in the washing machine.

Smaller toys get dunked in for 2 minutes and then pulled out and left to air dry while anything big like what you mention gets a thorough spray down (spray bottle) and left to air dry. I don't have an issue with streaks or film left on anything.
youretooloud 08:30 AM 05-14-2013
If i'm just wiping them down, I use the vinegar solution, or a bleach solution. I just mix it up and put it in a tupperware bowl with a lid, and place a stack of washrags in the solution like diaper wipes, and use as needed.

I like the convenience of using the wipes rather than a spray bottle.
Willow 09:38 AM 05-14-2013
I use Windex Multisurface for my windows, stainless appliances and bigger LT type indoor toys. I wouldn't be comfortable using it on any toys that may go in the mouth though.....vinegar still works best for me on all the stuff that gets gummed up.
CrackerJacks 08:58 PM 05-25-2013
What is the ratio of Clorox/water and vinegar/water that you use?
Reply Up