Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bible Stories Anyone??
alyssyn 08:59 AM 08-15-2010
I was wondering if any of you read Bible stories to the children in your care.
At circle time I focus on one Bible story each week, at the end of the week, we make a craft that goes along with the story. Just wondering if anyone else does this or something similar.
momofboys 10:21 AM 08-15-2010
Originally Posted by alyssyn:
I was wondering if any of you read Bible stories to the children in your care.
At circle time I focus on one Bible story each week, at the end of the week, we make a craft that goes along with the story. Just wondering if anyone else does this or something similar.
I don't do that but I think it's a good idea. Most of my clients are or were from my current church or past church so they are 100% okay with it. Where do you get the craft ideas?
SunflowerMama 10:25 AM 08-15-2010
We have a fun little kids bible and I always read at least one story a day. Sometimes it goes along with their weekly theme and sometimes it's just one of their favorites (they love Jonah and the Big Fish and any story that has to do with Jesus and a storm).
Lilbutterflie 11:09 AM 08-15-2010
I do the same thing as TwinMama. I have a kids bible, and we read one story a day. We are finally finished, so now they pick their favorites.
We also watch a lot of Veggie Tales movies & shows. They are great ways to get them familiar with the Bible stories, though they add their own characters sometimes (like Dave and the Giant Pickle, Rack, Shack and Benny, etc...). And they have the catchiest songs on Veggie Tales!!

Jonah was a prophet Ooh Ooh
But he really never got it
Sad but true
Jonah was a prophet
A Doodly Doo!

Oh no... I'll have that song in my head all day now!
alyssyn 11:13 AM 08-15-2010
Originally Posted by janarae:
I don't do that but I think it's a good idea. Most of my clients are or were from my current church or past church so they are 100% okay with it. Where do you get the craft ideas?
I have several craft books from teaching Sunday School and also I use the website www.hubbardscupboard.org lots of different things I found here.
Preschool/daycare teacher 05:12 PM 08-15-2010
I do a Bible Story each week with my preschool classes, also. I have a hard time coming up with activities to go along with the Bible Story, though, that won't take too long (since this isn't a Sunday School Class I can't spend an hour on the Bible Story)
Tags:bible stories, crafts, religion
Reply Up