Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Are you kidding me...
stephanie 11:45 AM 09-25-2015
Dcm is working on PTing 19 month old dcg (dcg is not ready).
My center provides diapers but dcm brought in pullups for dcg to wear (and they're not the kind that fasten at the waist like diapers, you can only pull them up and down...grrr).

So today dcg comes in wearing a skort on top of leggings on top of a onesie.

After I took off her wet pullup this morning I immediately put her in a diaper. I'll put one of her pullups on before mom picks up, but she'll be in diapers for the rest of dc. This kid is here 9.5 hrs/day, ain't nobody got time for that.
Controlled Chaos 11:53 AM 09-25-2015
I hate those types of pull-ups. Nothing like potty training in a onsie
Unregistered 12:53 PM 09-25-2015
I have nothing nice to say... lol
midaycare 01:56 PM 09-25-2015
I don't practice voodoo, but that dcm might force me to try. I kid, I kid.
Malmom 02:09 PM 09-25-2015
That's why I tell my parents we have to both decide when kids are ready. And I have in my contract that they have to wear toddler friendly clothes- pants that pull up/down, or dresses. I don't mess with snaps and belts and onesies during potty training. If your child is old enough to potty train, they are too old to be wearing a onesie.
midaycare 02:11 PM 09-25-2015
Duplicate post sorry
daycare 02:48 PM 09-25-2015
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I don't practice voodoo, but that dcm might force me to try. I kid, I kid.
blah hahahahhahahahah that is so funny....you made me laugh so hard
midaycare 05:12 PM 09-25-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
blah hahahahhahahahah that is so funny....you made me laugh so hard
Finally I made someone laugh Most of the time my sense of humor, I fear, is taken the wrong way.
stephanie 05:19 PM 09-25-2015
Originally Posted by Malmom:
If your child is old enough to potty train, they are too old to be wearing a onesie.
I know!! But I feel like so many dcparents I've met have been like "We're working on PTing him/her" and then send their 2, 2 1/2 year old in a onesie. Good grief.

I do work in low income areas/centers so I feel like a lot of PTing is due to the cost of diapers, not necessarily because the child is ready...
Leigh 05:53 AM 09-26-2015
Originally Posted by stephanie:
Dcm is working on PTing 19 month old dcg (dcg is not ready).
My center provides diapers but dcm brought in pullups for dcg to wear (and they're not the kind that fasten at the waist like diapers, you can only pull them up and down...grrr).

So today dcg comes in wearing a skort on top of leggings on top of a onesie.

After I took off her wet pullup this morning I immediately put her in a diaper. I'll put one of her pullups on before mom picks up, but she'll be in diapers for the rest of dc. This kid is here 9.5 hrs/day, ain't nobody got time for that.
It would have to be a pretty exceptional 19 month old before I supported any kind of potty training at that age. If the child isn't ready, I would just tell DCM exactly that and give her a list of things that must happen before YOU will try to support training at work (I include an article by a doctor about why potty training before 3 isn't beneficial).
pandamom 07:53 AM 09-26-2015
Ugh. That's when I have the "potty training friendly" clothing discussion. Depending on the parent, I can usually suggest he pull ups with side tabs. Does your center have a potty training guideline? If a parent prematurely wants to potty train, we hand all the parents our guideline. Then talk to the parent about what they are doing at home.

But as long as they don't come in with only underwear, we just go about our business. Part of our Air Force guidelines is that if their pull up is wet, we have to change them on the changing table because that means they have urine on their skin- which needs to be wiped off and not being transferred to the toilet seat. So a child that isn't ready and parents insist on pull ups just have really expensive diapers 😕
Josiegirl 08:11 AM 09-26-2015
Even IF that child was ready and Pull-ups were appropriate?? I cannot believe they are wearing 3 layers of clothes for you to plow through. Does dcm not know you have more kids to care for than just hers?
I have it in my contract(as another poster mentioned)that going through PT'ing a child must wear easy to manage clothes, and I give them suggestions. Doesn't mean they always read it though.
stephanie 05:00 PM 09-26-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Even IF that child was ready and Pull-ups were appropriate?? I cannot believe they are wearing 3 layers of clothes for you to plow through. Does dcm not know you have more kids to care for than just hers?
I have it in my contract(as another poster mentioned)that going through PT'ing a child must wear easy to manage clothes, and I give them suggestions. Doesn't mean they always read it though.
Yep, we called her "Little Miss Layers" yesterday.

When dcm asked how potty training was going, my co-teacher (I wasn't there at the time) basically told her dcg isn't ready, in so many words: dcg doesn't go on the potty (we sit her on the potty during our regular diaper changing times), and doesn't tell us when she has to go. I think all dcm said was "Okay" because she's very quiet and doesn't really talk to either of us teachers.

So yeah, at this point she's just using really expensive diapers for her child, especially since my center includes diapers in tuition.
SilverSabre25 07:58 AM 09-28-2015
Omg I had a family like this. Had a kid who they thought they were going to send her to me starting on her second birthday in underwear full time. This kid had ZERO readiness signs. ZERO. She barely talked. A year and a half of fighting with them and they would dress her like that. .. and with belts that buckle to boot!

Incredibly, just like I told them many times, when she was ready she went from nothing to underwear in about a week.
Sugaree 09:27 AM 09-29-2015
Originally Posted by Malmom:
That's why I tell my parents we have to both decide when kids are ready. And I have in my contract that they have to wear toddler friendly clothes- pants that pull up/down, or dresses. I don't mess with snaps and belts and onesies during potty training. If your child is old enough to go to daycare, they are too old to be wearing a onesie.
There. Fixed that for you.

Seriously, onesies are the debil.
daycare 08:43 PM 09-29-2015
Originally Posted by midaycare:
Finally I made someone laugh Most of the time my sense of humor, I fear, is taken the wrong way.
you and me both. I have a hard time with american humor, but I think when i am funny most people don't think I am....lo oh well i try....

yeah that was funny!!
childcaremom 01:37 AM 09-30-2015
Originally Posted by Sugaree:
There. Fixed that for you.

Seriously, onesies are the debil.
I'm not a fan, either.
Reply Up