Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Circuit Explorer Air, NEWBIE...HELP!
daycare 11:48 AM 12-02-2015
So I got one of these as a gift from one of my friends. She bought it and then decided she didn't have room for it It is less than a month old.

I really have NO clue how to use one of these. I saw a few videos and looked on pinterest, but still don't really get it.

any tips or advice for a newbie cricut owner..

thanks
Country Kids 11:54 AM 12-02-2015
What are you needing to know specifically? My daughter uses one of all her cheer posters she has to do.
daycare 12:18 PM 12-02-2015
lol I dont know how to use it at all.

It says I have to buy images from a website, but they are expensive.

also it says I can customize things, but I just don't know what software to even use.

thanks
Blackcat31 12:18 PM 12-02-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
So I got one of these as a gift from one of my friends. She bought it and then decided she didn't have room for it It is less than a month old.

I really have NO clue how to use one of these. I saw a few videos and looked on pinterest, but still don't really get it.

any tips or advice for a newbie cricut owner..

thanks
I own several Cricuts and them!

Their website has some fantastic tutorials (both video and print articles) on how to use them as well as some really neat ideas on how to make the most of your Cricut!

http://us.cricut.com/home/support/home
Blackcat31 12:22 PM 12-02-2015
lol I dont know how to use it at all.

It says I have to buy images from a website, but they are expensive.

also it says I can customize things, but I just don't know what software to even use.

thanks
Each week they have free images available for download.

http://us.cricut.com/home/make/free-images

There are also tons of share sites too if you Google.
daycare 12:29 PM 12-02-2015
sweeetttttt thanks BC, I am not the most tech savy with these new toys.

I offered my friend money for it after I saw the cost, but she said consider it an early xmas gift..
Blackcat31 12:30 PM 12-02-2015
I offered my friend money for it after I saw the cost, but she said consider it an early xmas gift..
nice!!
Country Kids 12:33 PM 12-02-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Each week they have free images available for download.

http://us.cricut.com/home/make/free-images

There are also tons of share sites too if you Google.
This link isn't working they said. Sent me to another area but wasn't Christmas things (thought maybe that is what it might be). Will look around more when I have more time. Thank you for posting this I had no idea this was out there. My daughter had hers almost a year before we figured out she could hook it up to the computer and do some pretty neat stuff with it.
Blackcat31 12:42 PM 12-02-2015
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
This link isn't working they said. Sent me to another area but wasn't Christmas things (thought maybe that is what it might be). Will look around more when I have more time. Thank you for posting this I had no idea this was out there. My daughter had hers almost a year before we figured out she could hook it up to the computer and do some pretty neat stuff with it.
You have to be logged into your account to access the free images.
Country Kids 10:19 AM 12-03-2015
You have to be logged into your account to access the free images.

Gotcha!!!
midaycare 10:26 AM 12-03-2015
Craft dork here ... What can you do with a cricut?
Blackcat31 10:56 AM 12-03-2015
Originally Posted by midaycare:
Craft dork here ... What can you do with a cricut?
The correct question is "What cant you do with a Cri-cut?"

No really, ANYTHING you need scissors for, you can do with a Cri-cut....plus a WHOLE lot more!

You can make stencils, clip art, bulletin board stuff, cards, stationary, ANY type of cut out you can think of.... the list goes on and on and on....

Check out their website and you will see what I mean!
midaycare 11:35 AM 12-03-2015
The correct question is "What cant you do with a Cri-cut?"

No really, ANYTHING you need scissors for, you can do with a Cri-cut....plus a WHOLE lot more!

You can make stencils, clip art, bulletin board stuff, cards, stationary, ANY type of cut out you can think of.... the list goes on and on and on....

Check out their website and you will see what I mean!
Okay I looked and they made a card and it was cool, but ... can you justify the cost? Do you use it enough?
daycare 11:42 AM 12-03-2015
Okay I looked and they made a card and it was cool, but ... can you justify the cost? Do you use it enough?
this is what I was thinking too....even with the free machine how much is this going to cost me....lol
Blackcat31 11:45 AM 12-03-2015
, but ... can you justify the cost? Do you use it enough?
YES!!! I've used mine twice today...

Overall, I would say that I use mine at the very least twice weekly for daycare but I am also a scrapbooker so I use mine on the weekends for that. Now that Christmas is coming up, mine will be used a ton more since I make my own Christmas cards too.

I make thank you, birthday, get-well and a ton of other cards during the year too...

ANY type of craft project I do with the daycare kids or any type of bulletinboard stuff I want/need for daycare I use my Cri-cut for...

Oh, and you know those vinyl wall words/phrases or cute decals that people stick to their walls? Well, Cri-cut does those too!
Tags:christmas gifts
Reply Up