Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Should I Charge?
meli829 09:11 AM 11-16-2010
One family's two kids are starting in February but she has asked me to watch them a few times in January while they are on vacation and because they will be coming in January she wants to drop them off for a few days mid December so that the kids can get used to me. In my contract I charge full day fee for integration whether they are here the whole day or not but I do not know what I should do in this instance. I'm thinking of charging for those days same as integration. What do you think?
laundrymom 09:18 AM 11-16-2010
I would charge a full daily rate, they are going to demand more of your time than a regularly scheduled child, and hoenstly,.. dont you think these ,.. "getting used to" visits are so mom and dad can drill them when they get home and see if they want to complete your contract,. or if they hear something they dont like they use it as an excuse to not bring them at slated time? I dont do "getting to know you" visits. Either you like me or not, You have 2 weeks to decide after care starts.

Originally Posted by meli829:
One family's two kids are starting in February but she has asked me to watch them a few times in January while they are on vacation and because they will be coming in January she wants to drop them off for a few days mid December so that the kids can get used to me. In my contract I charge full day fee for integration whether they are here the whole day or not but I do not know what I should do in this instance. I'm thinking of charging for those days same as integration. What do you think?

meli829 02:03 PM 11-16-2010
Thanks for your reply. I've told her that she would have to pay the full day rate and she said she'd get back to me with dates.
Tags:charging, fulltime rate, part time rate
Reply Up