Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Funniest Parent Comment I've Heard
spedmommy4 01:15 PM 05-14-2015
Over the last few weeks, I have started installing a playground and have picked up several new kids. The money for the playground came from a grant but I don't share that kind of information with parents.

I guess it all must seem fancy because I was chatting with a dcd the other day and he said, "Rolling in the money now, eh." I burst into laughter And responded, "oh for sure dcd, but I don't recommend quitting your job unless you enjoy 12 hour days."
daycare 01:19 PM 05-14-2015
Originally Posted by spedmommy4:
Over the last few weeks, I have started installing a playground and have picked up several new kids. The money for the playground came from a grant but I don't share that kind of information with parents.

I guess it all must seem fancy because I was chatting with a dcd the other day and he said, "Rolling in the money now, eh." I burst into laughter And responded, "oh for sure dcd, but I don't recommend quitting your job unless you enjoy 12 hour days."
Lol & 12 is low if you ask me. With open to close plus cleaning I work 14.5 hours every day.

Plus weekends. Cleaning pairing grocery shopping carpet cleaning all the stuff I can't do when the kids are here.
Total hours each week are a little over 75. I wish u could reduce those hours. I have found a way yet.
daycare 01:21 PM 05-14-2015

Lol & 12 is low if you ask me. With open to close plus cleaning I work 14.5 hours every day.

Plus weekends. Cleaning pairing grocery shopping carpet cleaning all the stuff I can't do when the kids are here.
Total hours each week are a little over 75. I wish u could reduce those hours. I have found a way yet.
spedmommy4 01:59 PM 05-14-2015
I wasn't counting any of that, or lesson planning, or time spent on payroll. Do I ever stop working??
Unregistered 02:00 PM 05-14-2015
I miss O/T pay....
Leigh 02:21 PM 05-14-2015

I had comments about mine, too. I told anyone who wanted to comment on it that I had to put it on a credit card, so I'll be paying on it for years, but the kids are worth more than money to me.
spedmommy4 04:30 PM 05-14-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I miss O/T pay....

Me too. Mine was $53 an hour at the school district. I miss summers off and 7 hour days too.
Fiddlesticks 04:35 PM 05-14-2015
I used to be open from 6 to 6, but I had Fridays off. One of my dcms got a new job, and needed Friday care and asked me if I would be willing to do that. I said no, I was sorry but I wasn't willing to do Friday care. She said, "I understand, I would still work part time if I could, too." What part of 48 hours a week is part time?!!?

Now I am 7 to 5 M-F but I am slowly working my way to summers off, if everything continues as planned this will be my last summer with kids.
daycarediva 05:19 PM 05-14-2015
Originally Posted by Fiddlesticks:
I used to be open from 6 to 6, but I had Fridays off. One of my dcms got a new job, and needed Friday care and asked me if I would be willing to do that. I said no, I was sorry but I wasn't willing to do Friday care. She said, "I understand, I would still work part time if I could, too." What part of 48 hours a week is part time?!!?

Now I am 7 to 5 M-F but I am slowly working my way to summers off, if everything continues as planned this will be my last summer with kids.
2 summers here, but if it works, I will term 2 earlier Summer 2016. 4/6 are teacher families and those 2 go to K next fall. I am actively advertising/interviewing for school teachers now.

My hours are currently 7-6/6:45-5:30. Hours when I phase this in? 7:30-4:30 at the latest.

A dcd told me "you've got it made." when he walked in and we were all seated playing Legos together.
Unregistered 03:47 PM 05-15-2015
yep- I will never forget the dad who said, "Wish I could push swings all day."... Me too guy, me too.
Unregistered 06:25 AM 05-18-2015
How about the idiot dad who commented, "we must be paying you too much", when they noticed we bought a nice car!

Or the other parent that said, "Oh you probably don't need the money, just doing it for fun". omg..........

And my all time favorite, from a mambo dad whose wife supported him. "This is a scam"...because he learned you actually have to pay for child care, lol.
Annalee 09:55 AM 05-18-2015
I have become amused at the neighborhood daycare owner's sayings here lately. We are renovating and have been since December. I have gotten so many calls from daycare owners that will start with "how's it going" and lead to "are you going to keep more kids?". Lately I have been really building it up cause I am tired of not ever hearing from anyone and BOOM now they call me? BTW, I am NOT keeping more kids, remaining a FCC home....but I have said things to these callers to backfire on their nosy games!! Gotta keep them guessing!
Rockgirl 11:01 AM 05-18-2015
How about the idiot dad who commented, "we must be paying you too much", when they noticed we bought a nice car!
Oh, my--that would infuriate me!
LittleTikes 11:22 AM 05-18-2015
My funniest parent comment didn't involve my financial status. (Laughing at "financial status.") On Friday, I told dcd not to step on the baby rabbit's nest at the end of the swingset. He replied, "Are there actually eggs in there?" Ummmm...Cadbury Creme Eggs?
crazydaycarelady 11:26 AM 05-18-2015
I would totally tell the parents you got a grant!
Rockgirl 11:35 AM 05-18-2015
Originally Posted by littletikes:
my funniest parent comment didn't involve my financial status. (laughing at "financial status.") on friday, i told dcd not to step on the baby rabbit's nest at the end of the swingset. He replied, "are there actually eggs in there?" ummmm...cadbury creme eggs?
lolol!!!
NightOwl 03:15 PM 05-19-2015
I came to find this thread so I could add a comment to it. Today, dcm told me her breast milk is beginning to dry up and I told her I know of an herbal tea that gets it flowing again. She said, ehhh, I'm ready to be able to drink again. Baha! We both laughed so hard.
KidGrind 05:49 PM 05-20-2015

Or the other parent that said, "Oh you probably don't need the money, just doing it for fun". omg..........

And my all time favorite, from a mambo dad whose wife supported him. "This is a scam"...because he learned you actually have to pay for child care, lol.

Reply Up