Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Has Anyone Ever Bought A Dog Bed....
Unregistered 09:07 AM 01-26-2017
For their book/quiet area? My son is always attracted to curling up in any dog bed he sees (and sad when he's told he can't!) But they do look comfy so the idea has crossed my mind as an alternative to bean bag chairs or something. Just me or has anyone else considered this?
Jupadia 09:44 AM 01-26-2017
No but I don't see why not. It would be clean and not used for dogs then. It would be way better then when me and my brother where kids visting my dad we thought the dog house made a great fort.
TigerLily 09:48 AM 01-26-2017
A local pillow factory outlet store always had big round pillows they advertised as "lounge pillows" - they were clearly dog beds. I loved them for my cozy area!
Baby Beluga 10:13 AM 01-26-2017
Haven't done it myself, but I say go for it

I knew one provider who let the children put pillows and blankets in a laundry basket and use that as their personal reading spot. She said the kids loved it.
daycarediva 10:55 AM 01-26-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Haven't done it myself, but I say go for it

I knew one provider who let the children put pillows and blankets in a laundry basket and use that as their personal reading spot. She said the kids loved it.
I did this as a kid, it's SUPER cozy. One pillow on the bottom and one behind you.
nothingwithoutjoy 06:56 PM 01-26-2017
Yes, I bought a wicker nest-like dog bed at IKEA, and a sheepskin to go inside. Put it underneath a low countertop in our studio, with a curtain in front, and it makes the perfect secret getaway/quiet spot/curl up with a friend spot.
Josiegirl 01:55 AM 01-27-2017
Sounds like a cool fun idea but I can picture constant battles about who gets to use it.
Tags:dog, dog bed
Reply Up