Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Depleted Supply Of Pull Ups, Now What?
daycare 05:13 PM 02-07-2012
I have a DCG that is 4years old and refused to use the toilet all day today. She went through 8 pull ups and now has none left (sorry I made an error the first time). She still has 2.5 hours before she will be picked up. She currently has nothing on.

What would you do?
1. Put a diaper on her, although she absolutely refuses
2. Do nothing and let her just wear her pants?
3. Send her home

NOt sure what is up. Some days she is great and will pee in the toilet all day, never poop though. ANd then there are days like today where she refused 100% to use the toilet.

Also this is the girl that refuses to use her words and talk. It has been getting better since I started ignoring her or when she talks like a baby, I will tell her sorry this game is only for big girls, can you please go use the baby toys if you are going to talk like that. SOunds mean, but it has started to diminish a little.
Lilbutterflie 05:22 PM 02-07-2012
Hmmmm. I personally would probably put a diaper on her... are you using one supplied by her parents or another child's or your own supply?

Another option would be to put her in pants, and set her on a thick folded towel with some things to play with is also another option. I would NOT let her get up from that towel though. You don't want urine soaked carpet, couch, or anything else!

I would also call one of her parents to let them know she had so many accidents that she has used up her very last pullup. Let them know what you decided to do; or ask them which one they would prefer. And make sure they bring back a very good supply of pullups from now on.
daycare 05:30 PM 02-07-2012
Originally Posted by Lilbutterflie:
Hmmmm. I personally would probably put a diaper on her... are you using one supplied by her parents or another child's or your own supply?

Another option would be to put her in pants, and set her on a thick folded towel with some things to play with is also another option. I would NOT let her get up from that towel though. You don't want urine soaked carpet, couch, or anything else!

I would also call one of her parents to let them know she had so many accidents that she has used up her very last pullup. Let them know what you decided to do; or ask them which one they would prefer. And make sure they bring back a very good supply of pullups from now on.
she absolutely refused the diaper, so she is sitting on my tile kitchen floor playing with a book.
NOrmally 9 pull ups would last several days, I did not think nor did the parents think that this would happen...
I wish I knew why she does this on and off thing with the potty training
countrymom 06:39 PM 02-07-2012
because its a game with her. At 4 they knew what bathrooms are and they also can choose if they want to use them or not. I hate hate hate pull ups, they are glorified diapers. I believe in lots of underware. How about plastic pants over her underware.
wdmmom 06:52 PM 02-07-2012
Unless a child is working on potty training, they're in a diaper. Pullups are more of a hassle in my opinion. If dcg doesn't want to use the bathroom, a diaper it is. The choice is hers.
PitterPatter 06:53 PM 02-07-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
I have a DCG that is 4years old and refused to use the toilet all day today. She went through 8 pull ups and now has none left (sorry I made an error the first time). She still has 2.5 hours before she will be picked up. She currently has nothing on.

What would you do?
1. Put a diaper on her, although she absolutely refuses
2. Do nothing and let her just wear her pants?
3. Send her home

NOt sure what is up. Some days she is great and will pee in the toilet all day, never poop though. ANd then there are days like today where she refused 100% to use the toilet.

Also this is the girl that refuses to use her words and talk. It has been getting better since I started ignoring her or when she talks like a baby, I will tell her sorry this game is only for big girls, can you please go use the baby toys if you are going to talk like that. SOunds mean, but it has started to diminish a little.
If she refuses to allow you to put a diaper on her then I would send her home! Kids try power struggles and I would not back down on this! I would not want to clean the carpet or mop up pee then deal with soild clothing on top of it so I would def be calling Mom.

I would then talk to Mom and see why she may be acting this way if it has been an all day thing.
Hunni Bee 08:12 PM 02-07-2012
I know this is kind of beside the point, but she went through nine pullups in less than a day?? I dont think a breastfed baby goes through that many.

Is she taking them off herself. Or was she really wet or poopy nine times?

Wow. But I agree with PP. If she has no more pullups and refuses to wear a diaper, I'd send her home asap. If she used nine pull-ups, she's going to pee or worse on your floor.
itlw8 08:17 PM 02-07-2012
training pants with plastic pants over them she needs to EARN the nice underware AND she get to play ONLY on the tiled floor until she can show she is a big girl.

first they need to take her to the dr and see if she has a UTI
daycare 08:19 PM 02-07-2012
She pooped 3 times and pee the rest. Here for 10 hours
I have no clue what went on today.
This has never happened before. I change her
Meyou 02:55 AM 02-08-2012
Diaper or home. There is no way I would let a stubborn, half naked 4 year old play on my kitchen floor either. She would be sitting on the potty until she put on a diaper or Mom and Dad came. JMO.
JenNJ 05:11 AM 02-08-2012
She would wear a diaper or parents would need to bring pull ups NOW. No way is anyone peeing all over my house.

And I'm sorry, but at 4 years old, I would terminate this child. It is gross to change adult size "accidents." I can handle the occasional accident but changing big, 4 year old poops on a regular basis is just revolting. It sounds like her AND her parents are lazy.
Tags:diapers running low, potty training policy
Reply Up