Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Got Some "Thank You's"
lilcupcakes09 06:13 AM 05-14-2012
Well this mother's day project finally got 2 out of 6 Thank You's..... it just amazes me how unappreciative people really are these days! We are talked about if we don't do projects with the kids because nobody seems to care, and it still goes unnoticed when we work everyday for a week each morning on our Mom's day project. But the kids were proud of them so that's all I care about

Happy Monday!
Breezy 06:19 AM 05-14-2012
Amazes me too. I can tell you this, if my DS was in DC and I showed up to pick him up to a Mothers Day project, I would probably break down into tears! I am emotional and sentimental like that, though!
SunshineMama 06:33 AM 05-14-2012
I got no Thank You's from anyone, and no recognition at all that we had even done a project

We did handprint potholders with the fabric paint, and I wrapped them up really pretty, and then had all of the kids do a little bio about their mom and draw a picture of them and mom. It was really a cute presentation. - No appreciation at all.
KEG123 06:45 AM 05-14-2012
I only have two daycare families. Only one of the familys' mom picked up, and she was beyond elated we did something for mothers day. She kept saying ove and over "Thank you so much! (both to the kids and me) The one who's daddy picked up was also very happy and thankful, kept saying "Wow, I bet you can't wait to give this to mommy. She's gonna LOVE it!" I know they were both appreciative. I can't believe your families would not even say thank you or express any gratitude.
Meyou 07:15 AM 05-14-2012
I didn't get parent thank you's (yet). But the looks on my kids faces when I asked them if they gave mama her surprise are worth more than a thank you for me. I stopped doing things for the parents a long time ago and I do it for the kids now.
SilverSabre25 07:17 AM 05-14-2012
Aw, I'm sorry so many people didn't get the appreciation. I know it's hard, but sometimes it's best to just think of it as doing something for the kids and not expect any recognition from the parents. The kids felt good about making something, and that's what counts.

My three families were all super excited that we had done something. They loved it and said so over and over, both to me and the kids.
Meeko 07:32 AM 05-14-2012
I didn't get a thank you from all but one.

She knew it was Provider Appreciation Day on Friday and showed up with goodies from The Sweet Tooth Fairy (AWESOME cake shop) for that.... and a book as a Mothers Day gift. She acted like she had been given the world when she got her gift. Then she proudly posted photos of the gift her son made her on her FB page.

My daughter loves photography and this mom is a photographer. She has offered to take my daughter out with her as an internship for her senior year in high school. She's a fun, bubbly, kind young woman.

I soooooo wish I could clone her and replace all the other parents!!!!! She's pregnant and we are excited to have #2 when she arrives!

The rest of the parent's never even gave us a nod when their kids gave them their gift bags. I guess it takes all sorts!
Countrygal 07:40 AM 05-14-2012
I am so blessed by my dcps. They were both so appreciative of our gifts and both gave me big hugs.

I have really been blessed by opening my home to these kids.
Country Kids 07:47 AM 05-14-2012
I actually thought of having all the moms pick the kids up on Friday but didn't. The two moms though that did pick up went wild! They were so appreciative of their gifts.

One of moms that didn't pick up though didn't say a thing about the Mothers Day gift I had sent home with dad that day. All I heard was what a rotten day it had been-
littlemissmuffet 10:30 AM 05-14-2012
Originally Posted by lilcupcakes09:
Well this mother's day project finally got 2 out of 6 Thank You's..... it just amazes me how unappreciative people really are these days! We are talked about if we don't do projects with the kids because nobody seems to care, and it still goes unnoticed when we work everyday for a week each morning on our Mom's day project. But the kids were proud of them so that's all I care about

Happy Monday!
Sad, really. It's outrageous the things parents EXPECT out of us and then oftentimes do not even show any kind of appreciation for it. It's becoming less and less the norm for parents to express any kind of gratitude toward the people who CARE for and LOVE their children... often for more waking hours a day than the parents themselves.

I do arts and crafts for the kids. It's just a bonus part of my program, because lord knows that these ungrateful parent's monthly fees certainly do not cover the costs of our craft supplies. I LOVE how proud my kiddos are after they complete a project... and the fun they have while doing it. I really don't care what the parents think or say anymore.
momma2girls 12:10 PM 05-15-2012
I didn't get a single thank you for our Mother's day craft we made either!!
Creek 12:41 PM 05-15-2012
I got 1/5 thank you's! YES!!!! lol
Tags:appreciation, provider appreciation day, thank you
Reply Up